If you were Wayne Burnett would you resign.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

I cant see anyway that Wayne is going to resign after the record he has at Dagenham, cant see many clubs rushing to give him a mangers job. He is now hoping we can stay up . They only way he is going if the board gets rid of him and it does not look like that will happen either
Chigwellian

If I was Wayne, I would have been to see Steve Thompson and asked if I could be replaced as manager and to revert back as a coach...

Simples, and he would have at least had the crowd behind him.

.... And what's all this nonsence about not training for 2 days. If that's true, then heads should roll
DI Mike Dashwood

Probably not. It his job, he is probably not paid fortunes to do it (in football terms), and he would not be guaranteed another job if he went. Wayne is a decent bloke being let down by people bought in. To me part of the blame for that lays with him, but he has bills to pay like everyone else, so in my view I would probably not resign.

Thats not to say I don't think a change is needed.
dagger4eva

If I was Wayne then no I probably wouldnt.

As dashers mentions, he has bills to pay and in addition im sure somewhere n his heart and deluded head he does genuinely think he can stop this rot and turn it around.

The longer he stays in charge whilst things remain as bad as they are the only effect it will have is people will resent the man more and more and lose any resemblence of respect they ever had for him.

Nice man... yes
Decent coach... probably
Football league standard manager... afraid not

Its all in the hands of the committee im afraid - a couple of weeks ago I was told it was a 50/50 split whether to do the deed or not.
If that isnt at least 60/40 now in favour of weilding the axe id be flabbergasted!!!
Dagger42

I raised this post because i had seen people saying that if Wayne cared he would do the decent thing. Would any of you chuck in your job with no guarantee of another, my wife would go mad if i did. To me he is in a position where he is out of his depth and it is down to his employers to get rid of him, unless that think his doing a good job after all he is only place below their target position.
Last edited by Dagger42 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dagdale

In the quick shot and answering the question, No. Wayne I believe has been let down by players, wouldn't say all but a few definitely and perhaps people around him, he's been honest saying the buck stops with him, he decides the team and he takes responsibility for what's happening. But he knows he's still got some games to go before its at a very desperate level, believing there's a few down with us that to the hope of us all do not flick the switch and clear away we are still in there with a fighting chance. What's making it hard to comprehend is we, the fans do not believe he knows he's best side and if our player list get's any longer the match day programme needs to be formatted larger to cope with our back page line-up. Can't also seemed to understand how players like Shields, Gayle, Saunders, good capable young lads were not given more chance to break into our team. Finally the morale seems to be awful this season for some reason, nobody on the field seems happy to wear the shirt, how's it become like this beats us all, why are we hearing now at such a critical time that of all things when these boys need to be training that extra harder pitches are hard to find?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagdale wrote:In the quick shot and answering the question, No. Wayne I believe has been let down by players, wouldn't say all but a few definitely and perhaps people around him, he's been honest saying the buck stops with him, he decides the team and he takes responsibility for what's happening. But he knows he's still got some games to go before its at a very desperate level, believing there's a few down with us that to the hope of us all do not flick the switch and clear away we are still in there with a fighting chance. What's making it hard to comprehend is we, the fans do not believe he knows he's best side and if our player list get's any longer the match day programme needs to be formatted larger to cope with our back page line-up. Can't also seemed to understand how players like Shields, Gayle, Saunders, good capable young lads were not given more chance to break into our team. Finally the morale seems to be awful this season for some reason, nobody on the field seems happy to wear the shirt, how's it become like this beats us all, why are we hearing now at such a critical time that of all things when these boys need to be training that extra harder pitches are hard to find?
Of all the bollocks that has been spoken the business about not having nowhere to train takes biscuit.

It's been pissing down in Bognor for nearly a month,we'll at least when the team I run have tried to play football. We have managed to train and play each week on a 3G pitch. Now I know that DAGENHAM is not a sporting hot bed but I dare say there is a number of such facilities near by. Oh what was that thing I saw outside Northampton ground yesterday oh that's what they call a team bus. Why not use that if such pitches in DAGENHAM are so hard to come by . No doubt there will be arguement that 3G is not an ideal surface but the sky above it is like a sky anywhere and as the ball these days spends more time up there I can't see how the surface is an issue.
Diggerthedog

dagger4eva wrote:If I was Wayne then no I probably wouldnt.

As dashers mentions, he has bills to pay and in addition im sure somewhere n his heart and deluded head he does genuinely think he can stop this rot and turn it around.

The longer he stays in charge whilst things remain as bad as they are the only effect it will have is people will resent the man more and more and lose any resemblence of respect they ever had for him.

Nice man... yes
Decent coach... probably
Football league standard manager... afraid not

Its all in the hands of the committee im afraid - a couple of weeks ago I was told it was a 50/50 split whether to do the deed or not.
If that isnt at least 60/40 now in favour of weilding the axe id be flabbergasted!!!
I expect some sort of announcement today, if there is not one I shall be phoning the club tomorrow and asking questions. Surprised we never heard an annoucment yesterday, most clubs sacked their manager hours after a game when a decision would have been made to do it if another defeat happens.
Lcbdagger

Unless there is a 'vote of confidence' he isn't going anywhere after the next few games... It's the end of the transfer window in a fortnight
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:Unless there is a 'vote of confidence' he isn't going anywhere after the next few games... It's the end of the transfer window in a fortnight
Transfer window means nothing to us apart from players going out, we won't be signing anyone for a fee in this scenario. I get your point though new manager will need time.
dagger4eva

Hahaha Digger what do u mean u EXPECT an announcement today, dont make me laugh mate, theres more chance of me getting a reply from David Gold asking if we can borrow 1 of their pitches at Rush Green.

Talking of which, nasty frost on the ground today, another freebie say off for the players it is then :D
Daggertilidie

Yes I would be a man and admit my work is coaching not a manager,simple!!
IanC

Guys your wasting ya breath,he aint going nowhere.Theyre not gonna sack him,and furthermore i think next season when we're in the vanarama theyll say you took us down now try and get us back up.Any of the other 91 clubs he would have been long gone,not ours.My friends start looking at pubs in gatesheed,kiddy etc and another trip to wales too!
IanC

Oh and how can i forget our friends from veggie burger fc.Mind dont need much of an excuse to go down there,beautiful place.
Mike the Dagger

People very rarely make themselves unemployed by choice, the best we can hope for is a "mutual consent" type agreement which means Burnett gets paid off to some extent.

To be honest, he's doing pretty well at making himnself unemployable in future by hanging on and ignoring the obvious issues. Any future emloyer that drags out his 19 minute rant after the win against Carlisle will think twice about whether he's of sound mind, never mind any good at managing a football team.