Back Passes

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

WTF was going on with all those stupid back passes tonight?
We were far from safe and the ball kept being passed back, sometimes from the halfway line, and each time their forwards would chase the ball putting us in a precarious position.
Really, really stupid move.
Lcbdagger

In the second half we passed one back when at one point we were 35 yards from goal with Boucard facing the opposition area!
stanton101

Lcbdagger wrote:In the second half we passed one back when at one point we were 35 yards from goal with Boucard facing the opposition area!
Heart in the mouth time when they continue to do that. We seem scared stiff at times to go forward. And that continual high ball up to jamie is beyond a joke. On a positive note I liked the look of fenelon who worked tirelessly and got stuck in causing there defence problems.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think I could give that lot problems.

They looked what they are relegation certainties and we look to have one easier game still to come AFC Wimbledon who have done the impossible and lost to them twice and a goal from one of these stupid back passes is a cert before the seasons end.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Think I could give that lot problems.

They looked what they are relegation certainties and we look to have one easier game still to come AFC Wimbledon who have done the impossible and lost to them twice and a goal from one of these stupid back passes is a cert before the seasons end.
Wimbledon have been a few really strange results of late... although I still fear for us any time we come up against Akinfenwa

The back pass issue infuriated me specifically yesterday as it was obvious after the first ten minutes that the pitch was playing silly buggers as Flinders had a bobble early on and then Cousing had one that bounced in front of him 5 minutes later and went out for a throw... none of our defenders paid attention to this though
The Romford Dagger

Funny how most of us on here and in sieve last night were against is doing those poxy back passes when it was clear that it wasn't a good idea on that pitch yet not one of our players were shouting for it to stop happening.
dagger4eva

It's also effing obvious that endlessley lumping up the ball to a 5ft nothing striker (no matter how good he is) - is a tactic that will fail more times than it comes off.... that doesn't stop us dong that either!

I will re-itterate my previous point... for all Wayne Burnett's SO CALLED footballing philosophy - we played "prettier" football under Still !!

"It's a ball not a bomb" ... my arse !!!
Phippo

The continuing use of the high ball out of defence unfortunately appears to be a permanent part of our game now! Maybe the back passing is also deemed a step forward (pun intended). The infuriating thing is that on the rare occasion we actually pass the ball around very well