Burnett Post match interview

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mikins

redboy wrote:The board must take their share of the blame. They had the perfect opportunity in May to say thanks Wayne and wave goodbye.

The team now replicates the board and the manager. No ambition, no fight. Why do we sign players who to quote WB "have lost their way". Ferdinand is a disgrace week in week out, yet never gets substituted. He's scared to get stuck in and rarely breaks sweat. That's not the Dagger spirit. Where are the young, hungry, raw Danny Greens, Paul Bensons, Ogogos, etc that we used to sign?

If Burnett had any pride, he would resign. At the final whistle he cut a forlorn figure standing alone in the centre circle. Nobody except Cureton spoke to him. When he entered the sponsors bar, the players all left. The club are becoming a joke, yet not a funny one. Really don't know how much more the fans will take.
Since he went into the interview to blame the team and absolve himself of any responsibility why would they want to play for someone like that?
Sorry about your damn luck!
Auntie Merge

OBD wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote: Unless supporters actually force the sacking of him by means of peaceful or in your face vile protests. It will get to a point where all parties are so ****** off it will eventually end in tears.
What kind of peaceful protest would accomplish anything?

They have our season ticket money and we don't have any home cup games coming up that we could try to organise a boycott of.

Banners and singing won't achieve anything either.

It's gonna wind up turning nasty sooner or later mate.
As someone who has been involved with all sorts of peaceful protests in the past, they make the club publically aware that the fans are not happy. Also where protests are reported by the local press, they add visibility to the issue.

No doubt Thommo is reading this thinking it is a fraction of supporters, but it isn't. So many people now want Burnett gone. We need someone new in charge before that gap of 1 point between us and safety gets any larger.
BURNETT OUT.
Diggerthedog

Thommo was talking to us when they went 1-0 up yesterday and left immediately when the goal went in as he knew what was coming. At times he is just as deluded as Wayne is. Is there anyone actually on this board that does not want Koko and his circus to leave town?
OBD

Auntie Merge wrote:
As someone who has been involved with all sorts of peaceful protests in the past, they make the club publically aware that the fans are not happy. Also where protests are reported by the local press, they add visibility to the issue.

No doubt Thommo is reading this thinking it is a fraction of supporters, but it isn't. So many people now want Burnett gone. We need someone new in charge before that gap of 1 point between us and safety gets any larger.
BURNETT OUT.
I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from in a political context.

However this is a League 2 club with approximately 1500 home supporters (on a good day). Outside of local press this isn't going to garner much publicity.

Even then, would the local press who have good access to players and management risk that cushty relationship to report there is disharmony and unrest?

Unless we can hit them financially, things will continue as they are. Money talks. It's the only thing that will force action in the boardroom.

And when things don't change it will turn nasty. There's already a poisonous atmosphere at home games and our manager is clearly feeling the pressure big time. It's inevitably going to boil over at some point.
@OfficialBigDave
Auntie Merge

I understand what you are saying. Relegation is going to cost them financially too, might even threaten the club's survival. Although I get the feeling that some of the directors would be happier back in the conference /non league.

As a season ticket holder, aside from not buying golden goals and 50/50 tickets, it doesn't really make any real difference financially. To me though, it made a huge amount of different not being at the game yesterday.

I have been reading updates on here all day. To be honest, I haven't felt this low As a supporter since pre-merger when I found out Redbridge Forest were in talks with Dagenham FC to merge. I was Chairman of Redbridge Forest supporters club then, and after a heated discussion in the bar, I went down to my car, put my head on the steering wheel and cried, because they were destroying my club and there wasn't a thing that I or anyone else could do to stop them. I resigned as Chairman the next day, and as history shows, ended up following my second team (Dagenham FC) and speaking out until the inevitable merger. Thus my football nickname of Auntie Merge. Every day that Wayne Burnett remains as manager of the club a little bit more of the club will die and there is nothing that you or I can do to stop this. The Board who gave him a two year contract should put their hands in their pockets and get rid. I want to be Proud to be a Dagger; and I want the players and the manager to be proud of the club too. BURNETT OUT.
Alan

Wayne needs to stop saying "their players are better than ours" and "I want better players". Firstly, how does that motivate our players? Secondly, who recruited them? Thirdly a good manager makes a team that is more than the sum of its parts.

The failure to address the free headers that we were conceding every single set piece yesterday was staggering. As bad as our defending of set pieces is, our attacking set pieces are worse - we must have the least goals scored from set pieces in the whole football league over the past 3 years.
dagger4eva

AM - I dont mean this facetiously but you're on Twitter & have the ability like a few of the rest of us do to tell Burnett how you feel and want him out....

Reckon it would take just a few more long standing, loyal supporters to make their feelings clear personally and then MAYBE he'll understand
Alan

I don't think that telling the manager we want him out will make him go. Let's face it, how many people would leave a well paid job with no alternative job lined up because customers were not happy with them? He's got a family to feed and no matter how unhappy we are with him, he's not going to put our feelings ahead of feeding them, is he? It's his employer who needs to deal with him.
ARNU

I feel a bit sorry for Burnett. He has a small budget and has to make do with shit players.Jose Mourhino couldn't do any better with this lot. The club are the problem. They clearly thought losing Abs,Doe,Bingham,Medi,Luke howell,Wilkinson and others was worth it to keep the coffers ticking over.They gambled we'd be ok with that and the fans wouldn't care.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:I feel a bit sorry for Burnett. He has a small budget and has to make do with shit players.Jose Mourhino couldn't do any better with this lot. The club are the problem. They clearly thought losing Abs,Doe,Bingham,Medi,Luke howell,Wilkinson and others was worth it to keep the coffers ticking over.They gambled we'd be ok with that and the fans wouldn't care.
Luke Howell did not want to go the offer of a contract was withdrawn, how do i know this because Luke Howell Dad told me.

So all this bollocks at fans forum saying they did everything to keep him is just that. How sad we are all being lied to as well as all the other problems that look so obvious
Adrian

ARNU wrote:I feel a bit sorry for Burnett. He has a small budget and has to make do with shit players.Jose Mourhino couldn't do any better with this lot. The club are the problem. They clearly thought losing Abs,Doe,Bingham,Medi,Luke howell,Wilkinson and others was worth it to keep the coffers ticking over.They gambled we'd be ok with that and the fans wouldn't care.
He has to make do with shit players because he signed them. It was Burnetts job to replace the players you've listed and he did so with poorer players.
As for the budget there are a few players that ain't going to be with us for peanuts.
Auntie Merge

dagger4eva wrote:AM - I dont mean this facetiously but you're on Twitter & have the ability like a few of the rest of us do to tell Burnett how you feel and want him out....

Reckon it would take just a few more long standing, loyal supporters to make their feelings clear personally and then MAYBE he'll understand
Fair comment. But I think Alan is right; WB won't go without something else to go to.
I haven't felt it appropriate to tweet him directly but I guess he knows how unhappy I am, either by some of my tweets or by posting on here.
I've so much on my plate at the moment, I don't want to get caught in personal abuse.
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:AM - I dont mean this facetiously but you're on Twitter & have the ability like a few of the rest of us do to tell Burnett how you feel and want him out....

Fair comment. But I think Alan is right; WB won't go without something else to go to.
I haven't felt it appropriate to tweet him directly but I guess he knows how unhappy I am, either by some of my tweets or by posting on here.
I've so much on my plate at the moment, I don't want to get caught in personal abuse.
Not sure he is being personally abused just being asked to resign.
Chigwellian

I would be willing to meet the board with one or two others but I have a feeling it would be declined. ..

Shall we try?
hockley dagger

Chigwellian wrote:I would be willing to meet the board with one or two others but I have a feeling it would be declined. ..

Shall we try?

I certainly would want to but theres no point they'll tell Burnett then we'll be even bigger wankers for paying his wages.

BURNETT OUT