Watching it on BT Sport 2 now

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Adrian and pfb are you going Everton or not.We got through that's all that matters,yes this is the worst team we've had for a long time but ****** sake have a day off.Cup football is all about getting through and we are going to party,trains already booked.Cheer up boys.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well we got through it but did we make hard work of it.

Two big game changers for me was the substitution just before we scored of up until then their impressive Centre back.

The next big change that nobody has spoken about was the fussy referee at half time. It appeared Whitehawk players only had to fall down to get a free kick, he gave us nothing so I was pretty pleased to see the back of him. His replacement did not seem so fussy .

As for the sending off ,thought both Hemmings and Dunne had been booked, Hemmings I thought got done for kicking ball away so one was walking, weather Dunne deserved a second yellow is a matter of opinion but it looked a foul before Hemmings yanked him down. Just a question could both have been sent off in that incident ?

Anyhow I left there tonight thinking well we made it but that is simply not going to be good enough. Widow son was poor throughout he had a major escape when he left their winger in 30 yards of space midway through the second half , in my dear friends dagger for Eva words you lucky runt.

I take Adrian's point about the bookings totting up but how many times have we rolled over this season without a booking at least it shows if there was not much class tonight their was commitment.

Anyhow glad it is all over but it was there for all to see tonight we are going to have to improve a hell of a lot or the two below us continue to be poor if we have any chance of avoiding going there for a league game next season
stanton101

Just got back from a torturous journey , but what the ****** we're off to scouseland! It certainly wasn't one for the purist, but if you happened to be a neutral it had it all I suppose. Whitehawk were a credit to their league and gave everything they had. We were a shambles, but that's football. I just hope with the extra revenue we get, we use it wisely, because this team with that shambolic defending is most definitely relegated. I got the prediction correct, I just want WB and co gone asap.
daggersjeff

Just got in...totally bemused how we won that game!

We go 3-2 in extra time, and with Whitehawk pushing on for an equaliser, twice we have 3 on 1 plus the keeper...each time we got to the edge of their box...we stop and despite us screaming from the stand, walk the ball till they had enough back to regain possession!!
It's all very well defending a lead, but for ****** sake try and close the game out!! It was a bloody embarrassment!!

Also, ****** knows where they got only 168 as daggers attendance...there was definitely more than that there.

Roll on Goodison!!!!
stanton101

I had to laugh when Doidge was one on one, stopped and ran away from the goal. It would have been hilarious but us fans were down to chewing our knuckles at the time.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: I take Adrian's point about the bookings totting up but how many times have we rolled over this season without a booking at least it shows if there was not much class tonight their commitment
I'm not sure how he nature of the bookings we picked up yesterday demonstrated any commitment. Not one was for a committed attempt at winning the ball that was a bit mistimed. They were either for petulant fouls, kicking the ball away or in the case of Nosworthy just being beaten by a better player.
DI Mike Dashwood

The one thing I would say having been in attendance last night, is that there was no lack of commitment or fight.

We are not very good, easy to see. We are playing without confidence, easy to see. We don't appear to have a gamplan or style of playing in place, hard to argue with. BUT, in last night's game as an individual performance there was no lack of commitment or effort.

It wasn't pretty, we had a bit of luck, but plenty of Teams from the bottom half of League Two have buckled in similar situations over the Years and gone out. We didn't.

And we can now look forward, whatever dross is served up in the League in the meantime, to a day out at Goodison. One of the oldest and most famous grounds in the World, against one of the oldest and most famous Club's in the World, in the oldest and greatest football competition in the World. So please please please why don't you all look forward to it and enjoy yourselves??
Mark

Second half and extra time we gave it a real go. First half though far too many barely got above a jog.
Mike the Dagger

daggersjeff wrote:Just got in...totally bemused how we won that game!

We go 3-2 in extra time, and with Whitehawk pushing on for an equaliser, twice we have 3 on 1 plus the keeper...each time we got to the edge of their box...we stop and despite us screaming from the stand, walk the ball till they had enough back to regain possession!!
It's all very well defending a lead, but for ****** sake try and close the game out!! It was a bloody embarrassment!!

Also, ****** knows where they got only 168 as daggers attendance...there was definitely more than that there.

Roll on Goodison!!!!
spot on that.

Whitehawk were out on their feet but really going for it at 3-2 yet despite having opportunity to do so we didn't really try to get the 4th and kill the game. That is the attitude that keeps seeing us lose leads late time and again.

As for 168 Daggers there, there were no proper gates on the away end and late comers like me were directed through a home gate and had to transfer inside the ground.

A win is a win. Back to real business on Saturday though.
Corinthian

This season we have been poor no question about that as our league position tells us. On performance we should have lost at home to Whitehawk. Last night I thought we turned round the first half in which we did very well to go in to the interval all square. From then on we were I thought the better team and deserved the win. We rode our luck a bit and wasted some excellent opportunities. The pitch and the conditions looked terrible . The glamour, romance of the FA cup produces ties like this. Bigger teams than Dagenham have been humbled by lower league teams . We got through a difficult tie. We did not play great football and full credit to Whitehawk, who by the way and not a team of mugs, and their supporters to make a League team suffer and work for a result.

We won. Well done the team, the club and all the supporters especially who made the trip and the others like me with no nails left watching the game on tv.

By the way Labadie was immense and Dunne and Passley were not far behind.

We start again on Saturday !
Adrian

I thought Passley was abysmal. There was a point where he just let their left back walk past him without any challenge at all.
Half the time he didn't look like he had a clue what he was supposed to be doing.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:The one thing I would say having been in attendance last night, is that there was no lack of commitment or fight.

We are not very good, easy to see. We are playing without confidence, easy to see. We don't appear to have a gamplan or style of playing in place, hard to argue with. BUT, in last night's game as an individual performance there was no lack of commitment or effort.

It wasn't pretty, we had a bit of luck, but plenty of Teams from the bottom half of League Two have buckled in similar situations over the Years and gone out. We didn't.

And we can now look forward, whatever dross is served up in the League in the meantime, to a day out at Goodison. One of the oldest and most famous grounds in the World, against one of the oldest and most famous Club's in the World, in the oldest and greatest football competition in the World. So please please please why don't you all look forward to it and enjoy yourselves??
Well let's hope some of the good time Charlie's appear down in Newport two weeks later Mike,at the final whistle last night a good sum of money was banked. Having trouble getting both these two Saturday's off work , if it comes to a choice I know which one I will be attending and that is the already must not lose game in South Wales. Somehow a good away following there would be more use to the team.
stanton101

Adrian wrote:I thought Passley was abysmal. There was a point where he just let their left back walk past him without any challenge at all.
Half the time he didn't look like he had a clue what he was supposed to be doing.
Can't for the life of me think we're he gets that from!
DI Mike Dashwood

Sussex, are you meaning players wise or supporters wise??
dagger4eva

My revised take on last night for what it's worth.

The Ground. An absolute hell hole of a place, a few bus shelters splattered around, a Gillingham style away stand (how on earth did that not come tumbling down), a slopey, boggy old pitch that I'm amazed passes any footballing regulations. Wind, rain and a large, noisey, expectant home crowd.
Not that me or several others could complain as we happened to get in for Gratis (unintentionally)

It was pretty much all bang on set up for a Whitehawk win!

Negatives:
Officials were utterly dire, seemed incredibly bias - all the Whitehawk players seemingly had to do was look at the ref and he would award them a free kick.
Our inability to defend a lead AGAIN
Our inability to see out a game to the death AGAIN
Our inability to defend crosses and set pieces AGAIN
Our insistence on playing aimless hoof balls in the general direction of JC. Talk about play right into a conference south side's hands!
The bizarre substitutions. Boucard comes on gives away an attacking free kick right near the death from which they counter and almost snatch another equaliser.

Positives:
As mentioned by the others, the work ethic last night was quite monumental. Whilst ability, nous and gameplan was lacking the players certainly gave every drop of energy for the cause. That was absolutely not in question.

Cureton, astounds me game after game. Still so late on into the game he was full of running and causing loads of problems.

Cousins - hesitant at times on crosses but also made some top top drawer saves to keep our noses in front.

Some good noise and vocal support from our fans - got behind the players almost from start to finish. A few moans while we fell behind and some other obvious nervous tension amongst but in the main it remained positive throughout.

End of the day, we got through a tough match against more than adequate opponents and got the day out / big game / payday we all and the club has craved for a number of years now.

Nothing changes for me in terms of management - I still see it as a virtual lost cause and even after yesterday, there's next to nothing which gives me cause to suggest Wayne & Co. have what it takes to turn the most important aspect of our season (league form) around and with the news about Stilly being available now would use some of the money we've already made and are guaranteed to come to pay off and get the old master back in to kick some butt.

Last night told me we have the players (no doubt they have ability) AND the desire - they just need a bit of actual direction and man management and we will be more thank ok.