Play-offs vs Forest Green

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

So with a game to spare, we know we'll be playing Forest Green in the play-offs. I think out of Tranmere, Aldershot or Dover, we can be reasonably happy.

What we're not completely sure of is whether we'll be home or away in the first leg.

Unless we thump Woking by 7 or more goals, Forest Green require a away to York to cement 3rd place.
If Forest Green lose to York, any sort of win would see us finish 3rd - which generally is seen as an advantage.

Dates:
Thursday 4th May, 7pm - 4th place v 3rd place - 7pm
Sunday 7th May, 7pm - 3rd place v 4th place - 3pm

Is it ever acceptable to wish we don't climb the league?

I'm desperate to attend both legs and I'm in London on work on the Thursday. That will finish between 4.30-5pm, so if we finish 3rd & play them away then, I doubt I could race over to Nailsworth for a 7pm kick off :-(.
It would also be convenient to play the home leg whilst I'm already in the area rather than travel up twice in the same week!
So if I were to be a bit selfish, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Forest Green did finish above us.

That said, priority is still to win the tie, wherever or however,
Paul from Barking

I think we will beat FGR over 2 games. I also think we'll do Tranmere if we and they meet in the final; but I have concerns over Aldershot. C'mon Dover, C'mon Billericay.
Chigwellian

Paul from Barking wrote:I think we will beat FGR over 2 games. I also think we'll do Tranmere if we and they meet in the final; but I have concerns over Aldershot. C'mon Dover, C'mon Billericay.
Billericay?????
leewilson

I would rather us finish 4th actually. I think we're better suited to being away in the 2nd leg.
Dagger83

leewilson wrote:I would rather us finish 4th actually. I think we're better suited to being away in the 2nd leg.
If we finish 3rd it means FGR have lost their last game and we have won. This means they would have lost 2 and drawn 1 going in to the play offs whereas we've won 4 in 5. I think I'd take that over preference on home/away.

For selfish reasons, I'd rather we were away second so I can attend it though.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Paul from Barking

Chigwellian wrote:
Paul from Barking wrote:I think we will beat FGR over 2 games. I also think we'll do Tranmere if we and they meet in the final; but I have concerns over Aldershot. C'mon Dover, C'mon Billericay.
Billericay?????
Glad to se you were paying attention.... :o
mickeyblue

14th Wembley
but we finished 9th!
daggersjeff

being totally selfish I hope we are away in the midweek leg as I am in Ibiza all next week!!

Landing at 11.00 pm on Saturday night and having to travel to FGR on Sunday will not be good!
Dagger Steve

daggersjeff wrote:being totally selfish I hope we are away in the midweek leg as I am in Ibiza all next week!!

Landing at 11.00 pm on Saturday night and having to travel to FGR on Sunday will not be good!
Same. I'm in Rhodes next week, land 1am Sunday morning.

Then just got to find a bar out there that will show it on BT sport on the Thursday night.
Mike the Dagger

As we are for me, home at 7pm much easier to make than away 7pm, and the Sunday game at 3pm is very civilised in comparison really.

Plus we've played home first in the two play offs we've been in before and both times gone on to make the final.

I would guess Stilly will be wrapping a few players in cotton wool on Saturday v Woking so wouldn't be at all surprised to see us lose.

COYD!