Transfer Window

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Being deadly serious Alan, and that's 1m MINIMUM. Realistically we should be looking at around 1.75m.

And upwards of 1m for Corey and based on his performance against Ebsfleet I would say around 1m for Luke Pennell.

And If they go for anything less I would expect Steve Thompson to be put in the stocks in the club car park while we all pelt him with fruit?!?!?
Dags58

I think Corey is worth £500.000 at the moment but this could rise with more goals this season and I don't believe Hawkins turned down move in the January window as all players from Non League would want to better themselves at higher level and secure better contract and has he had new contract since we signed him any idea?
How much did we turn down from Portsmouth? also we could have asked for couple of there Academy players for season loan and time is right to off load him while he only warms the bench and bring in couple of defenders with the cash.
Diggerthedog

Dags58 wrote:I think Corey is worth £500.000 at the moment but this could rise with more goals this season and I don't believe Hawkins turned down move in the January window as all players from Non League would want to better themselves at higher level and secure better contract and has he had new contract since we signed him any idea?
How much did we turn down from Portsmouth? also we could have asked for couple of there Academy players for season loan and time is right to off load him while he only warms the bench and bring in couple of defenders with the cash.
Hawkins did turn down a club John Still confirmed this apparently a big relocation up north which he did not want. He also confirmed the figures mention are nowhere near the offers made from other clubs.
Dags58

Diggerthedog wrote:
Dags58 wrote:I think Corey is worth £500.000 at the moment but this could rise with more goals this season and I don't believe Hawkins turned down move in the January window as all players from Non League would want to better themselves at higher level and secure better contract and has he had new contract since we signed him any idea?
Hawkins did turn down a club John Still confirmed this apparently a big relocation up north which he did not want. He also confirmed the figures mention are nowhere near the offers made from other clubs.[/quote

Daggerthedog don't know were you got that information about Hawkins turning down a move up north in the January window this is so untrue as my mate knows Hawkin's Dad who is well known in the Non League Pyramid.
He stated that his Son is devastated not getting a move and being over valued in 2 transfer windows and he is on real low being on bench when he had so much potential this is 100% the truth.
Alan

John Still said it in an interview a few weeks back.
Dags58

Alan why would his Dad not tell the the truth about his son as he is well respected in the lower Non League scene and he knows all the managers and many players for many years.
SUSSEX DAGGER

A Rotherham fan who when he got back off his holidays up there informed me there was a snippet in the local rag stating they were interested , that was 2 months ago.

If his Dad as alleged is so knowledgeable is he expecting us to change a forward line that's on fire and put his boy in who has not scored for months. Sorry he can't be that knowledgeable as a to how things work.

Situations like this happen all the time and is part and parcel of a he game
Dags58

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:A Rotherham fan who when he got back off his holidays up there informed me there was a snippet in the local rag stating they were interested , that was 2 months ago.

If his Dad as alleged is so knowledgeable is he expecting us to change a forward line that's on fire and put his boy in who has not scored for months. Sorry he can't be that knowledgeable as a to how things work.

Situations like this happen all the time and is part and parcel of a he game
Sussex Dagger his dad is knowledgeable because he knows his son valuation is to high there was no conversation about changing the team at present to put him in team and he would like to have seen his son play at higher level like any other dad would.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well he should not have signed a contract with us then , don't remember there was a que of Clubs wanting to give him his chance. If their was a clause in his contract that he did not like he should not have signed it , really is as simple as that.

* still think he could do a job at Centre half for us , saw enough in the 2 and half games last season to think he is better then the two who started there this season
DevonDagger

Dags58 wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Hawkins did turn down a club John Still confirmed this apparently a big relocation up north which he did not want. He also confirmed the figures mention are nowhere near the offers made from other clubs.[/quote

Daggerthedog don't know were you got that information about Hawkins turning down a move up north in the January window this is so untrue as my mate knows Hawkin's Dad who is well known in the Non League Pyramid.
He stated that his Son is devastated not getting a move and being over valued in 2 transfer windows and he is on real low being on bench when he had so much potential this is 100% the truth.
I get frustrated with posts like this. First we had Ollie's uncle's mate on here posting a couple weeks back that Hawks would be frozen out until he signed a new deal (he's played several times - yet to hear about a new contract) - now this.

John Still has been crystal clear in interviews that the valuation that would see Ollie transfer clubs this summer is the same figure as an offer we had received last summer. Personally I can't disagree with that stance, sure, Ollie's form isn't as good as it was, but there is no reason he cannot rediscover that form if he returns to starting regularly. Injuries from last half of the season didn't help either.

My issue is, if what JS is saying is NOT true, then surely someone - be it Ollie, his father, a prospective new club or whoever - would call us out on it? But no, just third hand info on the unofficial forum...
Blackie645

All Hawkins has to do is sign a contract, commit to us and hell get his transfer, simple
Alan

Dags58 wrote:Alan why would his Dad not tell the the truth about his son as he is well respected in the lower Non League scene and he knows all the managers and many players for many years.
You asked the source, I told you.

Hawkins has scored once since 28th January. That's why he's not playing.
Dags58

The point I have been trying to make on here is that a Non League player who hasn't scored since January 28th and surplus to requirements at present has been over valued by John Still for £300.000 rejecting lower offers which were more realistic price on Hawkins,stopping him playing in the EFL.the club shouldn't of not stood in his way when he is not needed now.
We then could have used what ever money we got to strengthen our club. My opinion and doesn't look good on our club and sit well with me.
steeevooo

Just because a player isn't selected to start in the XI doesn't mean that they are not needed at all. Otherwise we wouldn't have him as a substitute and be bringing him on when needed during matches. The fact is that he isn't worth his place in the starting XI at present due to the form of other players within the squad. He therefore has two options - knuckle down and prove that he is worth his starting place, or throw a strop (and/or get other people to post derogatory comments on forums).

In response to an earlier comment - no matter how well respected his dad may be, I'm pretty certain that a Mr. John Still will be even more highly regarded within both non-league and Football League circles.
nomis

Dags58..........

I know your speaking the truth mate , but I'm staying out of this one
I got a right ear bashing from fellow Dagger supporters for reporting the truth a few weeks back about Hawkins and how negative it was to spout utter garbage etc

You and me know the truth Dags58 ;)

Your hitting your head against a brick wall on this one my friend and best to keep things like this to yourself

Personally I know what your reporting is true
I can't be arsed to post anything that I know is true as it will only get commented on as bullshit from past experience

Such a shame having a fans forum when the fans have a dig at fellow supporter's supposedly reporting stuff that ain't true !

You can take each article for what it's worth and make your own judgement , but if you choose to believe everything the club tell you then you are barking up the wrong tree

Think I'm stirring up shit ........
Far from it