Thommo Interview

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well that did not take long.

A week and already an element turning on the Manager, if that is what he is ?

Most Managers have freedom to assemble a squad ,he has had nothing but restraints. It is anybody's guess as to how many of the current squad were even in his thoughts and only came about them after any amount of rejections.

Two days before the season started there is at least one who was not in his thoughts to play Centre Forward ffs.

Over the past weeks i have been all over Britain and seen a team that even i admit I did not have a lot of confidence in . In that few weeks i have left games only disappointed with the result cos on every occassion i think we deserved more then what we got.

Yesterday was the same,seven weeks ago I would have left thinking that was only to be expected,now I leave thinking we are already good enough to beat teams like that.

At the start of the season he was honest to all of us ,We will be a better team at the end of the season then at the start. Seven weeks in and this is already proving to be a true assessment of things.

Amongst all the hype over the latest developements it has only taken 7 days for some to start question the ability of the Manager ffs. In that time we lost one game by a late goal ,a game we would have not been looking forward to 7 weeks ago. The fact we left there yesterday knowing it was a game we should have won let alone be loseing shows how far this supposed dud Manager has taken us.

Been to every away game so far and despite the results at most of them there is not one that I think we can not beat at home.

The opinion amongst those i stood with yesterday was the same ,we dont need to spend a fortune to get us going to places we would not have thought possiable a few weeks ago.

Imo that is a Striker who knows were the goal is and a box to box midfielder in the Vincelot or Lawson Dath mould.

When we find them this team will take off of that i am certain.

At the moment we are where we are and that aint the fault of either The Manager or his Assistant.
Alan

Some delusions of grandeur going on on this thread.
Daggerfrom70s

Guess I should really find out what Mr Thompson's comments are first but my opinion is that he comes across as someone that is looking after himself first. Don't think he is forward looking and if anything has probably held the club back. As for the team management I strongly disagree with Stanton 101 at al. Most of last seasons players left and Peter Taylor and Terry Harris have had to start from scratch. Anyone who thinks you can be challenging at this early stage with loads of young loanees needs a massive reality check. It is a massive step up from essentially 'boys' football to the physicality at this level and it will take time to get used to it and compete properly. Example, Romain has been playing at this level a while, albeit sparingly under Still, but he was getting bullied in the earlier games this season. He seems to have got stronger given the games he has played now. Peter Taylor and Terry Harris together is the ideal combination to get this bunch of players up to speed. Taylor has worked successfully with younger players in the past and seems to want to work on player progression not just on building a name for himself which you would probably get with the type of manager suggested earlier. Guaranteed a new manager would bring some of his own boys with him. They don't usually stick around. There is a fine line between success and failure and games have been lost, in the main, by the odd goal. Might not take too much to turn it around. It's early days. This is an opportunity to set up something for the future of the club, not buy short term 'success'.
incubateword

thanks for the link.