Next Season Squad

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggerChris

Unless I have missed something the players we have contracted for next season are:
Kenny Clark, Liam Gordon, Alex McQueen, Harry Phipps, Angelo Balanta, Conor Wilkinson.

Who out of the rest of the squad would you like to see stay?
Personally I would like to see Justham, Robinson, Munns and Adeloye stay. And if we could get Manny in on another loan.

And what sort of players would you be going for in the Summer?
Diggerthedog

Justham and Munns who are not contracted, rest not to bothered about.
Mark

Robinson Munns Justham. Would love to keep Manny if possible.
RampantDuke

Munns - definitely
Manny - definitely
Justham - definitely

Robinson - Possibly

Adeloye - Not if we are serious about going up. Not good enough. Looks the part but end product terrible.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
BB-Dagger

Kenny Clark, Liam Gordon, Alex McQueen, Harry Phipps, Angelo Balanta, Conor Wilkinson for sure,
Robinson Im not so sure about, lots of effort but not much quality! Munns possibly, Nunn... great bloke but too prone to massive errors good squad player.
think we should be looking at bolstering the midfield with quality and experience, unfortunately I can't see Manny staying unless he's let go by his parent club, but then who thought we would get Wilko on a free!!
Mark

I think Robinson hasn't really recovered from his injury to the same level but he still has a massive engine and he is quite good at spreading the play and taking the ball under pressure.

Tomi I'd keep if he's happy to be 4th choice striker but in reality we need 3 better than him to have any chance.
BarkingRambo

Munns and Justham definately.

Robinson and Nunn, if they were kept then they would have to accept a place on the bench because we definately need more quality on the pitch but they are decent squad players to have. I would probably keep Smith too, only seen him twice but don't remember him being a liability and we could do with the permanent defenders seeing as most of them go back to their clubs in the summer.

Loft is here till his contract runs out with Shrewsbury I think. He started badly but he is slowly getting into it a bit more. I would probably look to keep him.

As Manny has done great in the conference I can't see Rotherham not wanting him in league 2 next year but you never know.

I notice Elliot Bondz started as Guyana qualified for the Gold Cup the other day so maybe he has something we shouldn't let go till we have seen him some more.
DaggerJoel11

Expiring Loan Deals Goodliffe, Wright, Loft, Onariase Out of Contract in the Summer Justham, Nunn, Robinson, Davey, Pennell, Kandi, Reynolds, Moore, Blanchfield, Adeloye, Munns, Hoyte, Harfield, Bellamy, Smith June 2020 Gordon, McQueen, Balanta, Bonds, Wilkinson January 2021 Phipps June 2021 Clark

Decent core being retained beyond the summer, already the spine of a decent side. Hopefully we can extend the deals of Justham and Munns for definite, possibly Nunny too as he's had a bit of a wobble but was fairly consistent before that, while Robinson is another one whose done more right than wrong this season, but someone who divides opinion and there are justifiable reasons to both extend and let go. Kandi and Adeloye have been effective at times but only at times and consistency seems to be a problem with them both, although in the case of Adeloye the general consensus, it would seem, is that he's been decent whenever he's played, and that his exclusion from the team for long spells was harsh.

As for loanees, Goodliffe is the only player who we have a realistic chance of bringing to the club permanently. Loft and Wright don't seem good enough, or haven't been good enough frequently enough even, and Onariase was reportedly quite close to the Rotherham first-team had they stayed in League One, so they obviously have bigger plans with him. Goodliffe, though, appears to like it here and isn't exactly on the radar at Wolves.

That leaves the likes of Davey, Pennell, Smith, Bellamy, Harfield etc. The fate of most of those are a foregone conclusion and with Reynolds the loan deal seems to be a good indication that he's surplus to requirements. Smith has had a mixed spell here, but at 33 years old and given his lack of football in recent times, is a risk too. Whenever Pennell has a good run in the team, he gets progressively better yet it's always one step forwards and two back when he gets injured. He's missed on average two thirds of every season he's been here, so is questionable?
Last edited by DaggerJoel11 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

Out of those mentioned to expire this summer i’d like to keep Justham (although I hear bigger teams are sniffing around him), Munns, Smith, Nunn, and Robinson. However only two of them I would expect to be regular starters though. As said, Adeloye could be worth keeping hold of but we’d need another striker as back up too. The rest can go. I like Pennell but it’s pointless having a player who is constantly injured.

As for Goodliffe and Manny, I don’t think we will be able to keep hold of either. But I’d love it if we did. Loft I’m not fussed about. Seems like a second-rate Boucaud but it is nice having a midfielder that tries to do what he does.
DevonDagger

Quite happy to keep all those who are under contract. Passed me by at the time but I'm surprised Phipps' deal is so long given how he appears to be out of favour. I'd keep him in any case so fine by me.

I would try to keep Goodliffe and Manny but fear it's unlikely to be feasible

I'd probably pass on Wright and Loft

Of the out of contracts I'd be happy to keep:
Justham, Robinson, Nunn, Pennell, Munns, Moore, Smith & Kandi

Therefore losing:
Adeloye, Hoyte, Davey, Reynolds, Blanchfield, Harfield & Bellamy
Richie

I think Harfield is worth keeping, presumably pretty cheap and I think he's decent.

But all of us seem to be in agreement really.
Diggerthedog

I think a good pre-season behind him Loft would be more than enough to be challenging up the top of the league, barely played this season before joining us.
ayrisdagger

In the summer going forward we need some firepower from the bench, and if our owners are serious about going up next season I think we need to bring in Joe Rowley and Blair Turgott. Both with fantastic work rates and end product. Even Reiss Allassani would give the forwards some competitions. Return for Cheeky on the cards?

May be a long shot, but any money spent on Sam Ling is money well spent.
ARNU

Hope to get Manny and Goodliffe.
Would keep Justham, Balanta, Wilko ,Robinson and Munns.

Wouldn’t be arsed if all the rest went. Yes some of them do put in a shift but it is clear if we are going to mount a serious attempt at going up next season they ain’t good enough.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

This talk of going up next season. We are absolutely nowhere near. The manager is not flexible enough with his tactics to give us a chance. I also don't think we are good enough player wise bar a few. The majority are good enough for a mid table side but not for a promotion chasing team where consistency week in, week out is imperative. Even if we invest in the summer, the manager kills any opportunity of promotion for me. I think a few fans assume we will do an Orient and push on after a stabilising year. For me, that club will be Chesterfield who have a manager who knows the lower leagues (and the club) like the back of his hand and is a step above this level (a bit like Edinburgh really).