New Signing & John Still

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

New signing looks decent and young, deal involved John Still. What’s his position at the club, some fans might not like his involvement.
hockley dagger

Hoofball is back. You just knew it was going to happen!
DevonDagger

Like everyone else, very curious what John's involvement is - might just be some scouting work.

Going by his interview, I get the impression this is a signing likely to stay on next season.
Diggerthedog

DevonDagger wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:36 pm Like everyone else, very curious what John's involvement is - might just be some scouting work.

Going by his interview, I get the impression this is a signing likely to stay on next season.
Let’s hope so and there is already something in place, would be us all over if he does superbly only to go elsewhere next season.
Alan

The interview with Daryl mentions a lack of the hunger that John Still and Garry Hill’s teams had, not that he was involved?

But if he was and we got a decent player in, who cares?
Diggerthedog

https://www.bathcityfc.com/player-news- ... redbridge/

Bath mentioned him in their article, I personally don’t care he has a very good scouting network and we would be silly not take advantage if he is offering it. Had he come back at manager I would not be thrilled to say the least.
Alan

Interesting. Also interesting that the team seem to be showing a bit more in the last couple of games. Has Still been giving them his standard “Daggers never give up” talk?
daggersjeff

Would rather Still not be involved with our club, ever again!

Furthermore, whats the point of signing players if you dont give them a chance of a run in the team?
Our squads big enough already and loanees will disappear in summer with the cut players! And there should be a few of them!!
Last edited by daggersjeff on Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daggersjeff

And another question!!!

If he is "scouting" for us, why have the club made no attempt to keep the fans in the picture on the website???
Injury/illness/non availability ??

That mushroom syndrome is creeping back again
jag

I agree, I have for quite sometime now thought that we are constantly being kept in the dark about what goes on regarding transfers and injuries I understand that some news may effect the opposition but we get more news about whats going on at Premiership clubs, I asked the question a couple of days ago about whether Robbo is fit to play, (no response), and what has happened to Sam Deering? not even on the bench, perhaps John Gowans can give us more up to date info on that subject, or perhaps Daryl could be asked those sort of questions at his regular pre or post interviews. We support Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club but at the moment I feel cut off from the club.
Mark

I never understand the point about not wanting to tell the opposition anything. Agents spread info around clubs like wildfire. And he could at least say who is actually injured without giving a timeframe on their return.
Diggerthedog

Behave the lot of you, no gossip please. :thumbu:

https://daggers.co.uk/news/-MOprZ4TwTv7rFbgpnMP
Diggerthedog

Still has buggered off to Southend, loyal is not in this guys name loves a pound note too much. Big loss on the recruitment front.
BB-Dagger

The man is a arse, and I’m not sorry to see him go, the word Judas is too good for him he’s happy to take anyone’s £ to serve his own self-centred ego. I could never believe that his roll at the Daggers was going to be his last.. at least not until the next time.
RayleighDagger1986

Agree BB-Dagger