Logo gate, some thoughts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Not sure whats worse the logo or another thread moaning about the logo. :lol:
Adrian

A couple of thoughts based on comments I've read elsewhere, around the new logo being more recognisable.

Comment 1: from a supporter of a non league team that we've played a few time "the swords would look better the other way up".
Note the use of swords, not daggers (which I assume they are). The link to our nickname wasn't noticed.

Comment 2: it reminds me of the Sheffield united badge.
So it makes them think as much of another club as it does ours.
After a quick look I've found a few badges that use the same basic design of red circle with name in it and something in the centre.

So our recognisable badge looks like a load of other clubs badges.
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:A couple of thoughts based on comments I've read elsewhere, around the new logo being more recognisable.

Comment 1: from a supporter of a non league team that we've played a few time "the swords would look better the other way up".
Note the use of swords, not daggers (which I assume they are). The link to our nickname wasn't noticed.

Comment 2: it reminds me of the Sheffield united badge.
So it makes them think as much of another club as it does ours.
After a quick look I've found a few badges that use the same basic design of red circle with name in it and something in the centre.

So our recognisable badge looks like a load of other clubs badges.
The only saving grace on the Sheffield United comparison is that we haven't used a sword design last seen in Sinbad the Sailor!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just a question but the New home strip will have the new badge next Season and the Away shirt will have the old ,or will the team wear an away strip that has the new badge and once current stock of away shirts have been sold will any new stock will have the new badge?

The whole issue appears to have stirred up a hornets nest and when we have a club shop full of merchandise with two different brand logos can see the whole affair blowing up into something that we do not need.

Myself I could not give a tinkers curse and only wish we could be as ruthless in dumping the current right back as we have done with our history.

Would have won Saturday if we had.
The Romford Dagger

It's a logo!!

Honestly... Who cares?

Anyone? Anybody at all???? no...ok...move on then
bearaab

Saying people don't care when they clearly do is just stupid.
Lcbdagger

Hahahaha the comments on here, Twitter, Facebook and elsewhere prove this is obviously not important and nobody cares... *sarcasm alert off*
Auntie Merge

I suggest that anyone who does care and is unhappy with the logo, writes to Steve Thompson to complain and make it clear how little merchandise they are going to purchase. Because surely the potential lost revenue is about the only thing that is likely to sway the club. You don't need to write a big essay, a 2-3 line email will do it.

His email is steve @ daggers.co.uk (close the gaps)
ARNU

You do realise that whatever design they had used some moaner will dislike it.4 or 5 disgruntled forumites not liking the design is hardly overwhelming consensus.And....how mental must you be to actually let this affect your decision to buy merchandise.It may be unpopular but poor old Steve Thompson isn't really going to tell you all to grow but I am sure that's what he'll be thinking.Life is too short and all that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:You do realise that whatever design they had used some moaner will dislike it.4 or 5 disgruntled forumites not liking the design is hardly overwhelming consensus.And....how mental must you be to actually let this affect your decision to buy merchandise.It may be unpopular but poor old Steve Thompson isn't really going to tell you all to grow but I am sure that's what he'll be thinking.Life is too short and all that.
With all due respect Arnu, if you can find '4-5' individuals across this forum, Twitter, Facebook and other medium who have been positive towards the new logo then your message would be fair... as a percentage of all comments across the board I imagine negativity counts for at least 80%
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote:You do realise that whatever design they had used some moaner will dislike it.4 or 5 disgruntled forumites not liking the design is hardly overwhelming consensus.And....how mental must you be to actually let this affect your decision to buy merchandise.It may be unpopular but poor old Steve Thompson isn't really going to tell you all to grow but I am sure that's what he'll be thinking.Life is too short and all that.
You really have scooped the bottom of the barrel with this. Calling someone "mental" because they make a rational decision to boycott all goods with a design they do not like, is really the lowest of the low.
bloke down the pub

Mr T would rather you talk about this and stop you talking about getting shot of WB.
ARNU

Auntie Merge wrote:
You really have scooped the bottom of the barrel with this. Calling someone "mental" because they make a rational decision to boycott all goods with a design they do not like, is really the lowest of the low.
I haven't called anyone mental but I truly think that if this miniscule topic upsets people that much there are some issues of delicacy that need resolving.Also your idea of what scrapes the bottom of the barrel freshold is set too high luv ! I'd say mild sexist comments,paedophilia, murder ,racism and genocide are far nearer the bottom of any normal persons barrel.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:
I haven't called anyone mental but I truly think that if this miniscule topic upsets people that much there are some issues of delicacy that need resolving.Also your idea of what scrapes the bottom of the barrel freshold is set too high luv ! I'd say mild sexist comments,paedophilia, murder ,racism and genocide are far nearer the bottom of any normal persons barrel.
It seems impossible for you to post on here without trolling and throwing personal insults. I am not going to feed you.
Lcbdagger

Auntie Merge wrote:It seems impossible for you to post on here without trolling and throwing personal insults. I am not going to feed you.
Quite... shame really for this thread to decsend to this with so many people clearly unhappy with what has gone on