Club Charged

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
PaulHornchurch

See the Club has been charged following Stevenage.

Not sure we did much wrong, apart from stand up for ourselves, against a home team that was upset they lost.

Shame they can't look at GW behaviour after the goal, or the awful state of the pitch.

Sadly, we will probably get a £5k fine and warning.
InTheKnow

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/c ... roK73uu.99

CLUB STATEMENT

Dagenham & Redbridge FC, Stevenage FC and Joss Labadie have all been charged by the Football Association with various offences relating to last Saturdays Sky Bet League Two match at the Lamex Stadium.

All parties have until 6pm on Monday 30th March 2015 to respond to the charges. Dagenham & Redbridge will use this time to consider their options.

No further comments will be made from the club before that time.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We had a number of bookings is there not a charge to answer when you exceed a number on one game?
its all good

There was an altercation in the tunnel
From what I hear our guys weren't the instigators
redboy

Sour grapes from Westley and his merry men. You get 'incidents' every week throughout the country, most people just get on with it. Wonder how today's footballers would cope with Rugby.
its all good

redboy wrote:Sour grapes from Westley and his merry men. You get 'incidents' every week throughout the country, most people just get on with it. Wonder how today's footballers would cope with Rugby.
My thoughts precisely
SUSSEX DAGGER

its all good wrote:There was an altercation in the tunnel
From what I hear our guys weren't the instigators
Cant see that unless our Players were ambushed. The Daggers Players were on the pitch after applauding the support and then the huddle ( noticed that has been re-introduced ) since results improved.

Oh whilst it's being debated

Why was Westley not sent from the bench following his reaction to the bench.

The reproduced statement on here says DAGENHAM and Stevenage have been charged yet Stevenage don't appear on the offical Club statement.

From where I was standing Stevenage provoked this coming together and where the instigators of any unsavoury events.

Proud of our lads the way they stuck up for each other and if any fines are imposed it is a gross miscarriage of justice.
matt_drfc

It definitely said Stevenage as well. I saw it myself. They must have edited the article.
rebeldagger

Not clear at all as to why we've charged, hopefully more will come to light in the next few days when the club make their response to the FA
stanton101

I think the charge I'll be something like, failing to control our players. But I'm with sussex on this, fron where I was standing there was definitely provocation from their players. And westley ran the length of the touch line to get involved!!
Lcbdagger

Interesting to see where this leads... if it's to do with Labadie then they will struggle to prove a mass brawl is mitigated by the bite... We could say it was started by them but will likely still have a ' failing to control players ' fine