How did JC miss that?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Unbelievable touch though...
ChazmanQ

My hands are still on my head :shock:
shoreyda2nd

Agreed the touch was outstanding, maybe he assumed the keeper would be right on him so just stuck a toe on it before having a chance to look up?

After all he's done for us we can't jump on one miss, let's face it anyone else wouldn't of controlled it well enough to shoot
SUSSEX DAGGER

Like he did against Exeter like he did against York Like he did against Tranmere like he did against Plymouth.
It's called being human
ChazmanQ

Really hope he signs for another season

Dread to think how we are going to replace him!
Lcbdagger

Almost forgot about the miss as I was too busy applauding the touch to bring the ball down and desperately looking at the linesman for a flag that didn't come!

Not too disheartened today but a shocker of a goal to give away! Not great weather for a decent football game, first half especially.

Special mention to the young programme seller who stands in front in me on the barrier in the sieve... Screaming 'what the feck are you doing Wayne, fecking do something' less than three seconds after their goal in a game that was previously 0-0 is top class manager abuse!!
ARNU

It was a good game,no real complaints.Wouldnt have started Chambers though.Would've played Doige up front with Cureton being as we are now hoofing from the back all the time.1st half I thought we were better, in the 2nd you can see why they are doing so well.We showed heart and gave 100% cant ask much more.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Because he's human.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:It was a good game,no real complaints.Wouldnt have started Chambers though.Would've played Doige up front with Cureton being as we are now hoofing from the back all the time.1st half I thought we were better, in the 2nd you can see why they are doing so well.We showed heart and gave 100% cant ask much more.
What part of it was good? It was utterly tedious from where I was. Chambers should just retire from football, he's not even good enough to be useless.
SUSSEX DAGGER

£199 won't be tempting you then.

That my friend is what it is all about in this division a team who was the more physical won the game.

Simply we were out muscles in vital areas by a team who did not think they would be beat. Not attractive but effective.

Ask Wycombe fans what they prefer last season when they tried to play football and nearly got relegated or that disciplined solid show of strength that means they have lost one away game all season.

The only thing that disappointed me is that only a stroke of genius got us one chance from the moment they scored. Up until then I thought we looked the most likely or at least did not look in any danger of conceading.

Move on to a really rough one at Shrewsbury
Adrian

Nope, £199 isn't tempting me to watch that.

I couldn't care less what Wycombe supporters prefer. I want to enjoy watching games, and this season there haven't been many where I have.
The Romford Dagger

Adrian wrote:Nope, £199 isn't tempting me to watch that.

I couldn't care less what Wycombe supporters prefer. I want to enjoy watching games, and this season there haven't been many where I have.

I didn't think it was that bad?
Richie

I enjoyed it, just annoying to concede from a set-piece yet again. Although it had been a while unless I'm forgetting one
DaggerSince92

First half wasn't the greatest, they probably edged it slightly but we didn't look to be in massive danger. We came out 2nd half and played some of the best football we have done in a long while, but the goal really killed us. We seem to lack composure in possession when we go behind in a game.

Fair play to Wycombe, you can see why they're up there, but you can also see that you don't have to be amazing to be successful in this league.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:It was a good game,no real complaints.Wouldnt have started Chambers though.Would've played Doige up front with Cureton being as we are now hoofing from the back all the time.1st half I thought we were better, in the 2nd you can see why they are doing so well.We showed heart and gave 100% cant ask much more.
What part of it was good? It was utterly tedious from where I was. Chambers should just retire from football, he's not even good enough to be useless.
I thought we matched them 1st half and we tried hard thru out.Perhaps Im easily pleased these days.Whether you like individuals or not is upto you of course but although Id have started Doige, Chambers did put a shift in.He wasn't slouching around not giving a ****** like Batt does every game.I can tolerate a defeat when we've had a go and that's what it looked like to me.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !