Jonathan Bond

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
hockley dagger

See he's playing for the Under 21s tonight
Lcbdagger

Really good, solid keeper and developed well in recent years... Thought he would get stuck in he Watford reserves when they signed Almunia last year
AVincelotFlyingLeap

It's been a long evening.......

Today the German side included Ginter and Ter Stegen who were both in Brazil this summer. This begs the question....has an ex-dagger ever beaten a World Cup winner before?

Now the 2 games that Blackpool beat Liverpool when they were in the Prem, Taylor Fletcher (yeah, I know, but he is an ex-Dagger) played against Torres and Reina and won. But I can't think of anymore. If De Gea had been in the Spain squad in 2010 then Danny Green and Ben Reeves beat him for Mk Dons earlier this year. Neither Mata nor Gayle played when Palace beat Chelsea last season, before you ask.

Any others? Try it, it's like doing a crossword puzzle
Bluenose

Mackail-Smith played 3 minutes for Scotland against Brazil in 2011; although to be fair no-one with a winners medal was in the Brazil team that night
SUSSEX DAGGER

Its a stab but I would be surprised if Nevile Southall had not on at least one occassion if not more
TomMc

Throw Steve Potts and Gus Caesar into the mix too I reckon.

Edit - Steve Potts was on the bench against M'boro when Juninho played for them (won the WC in 2002), however West Ham lost both matches against them and Potts was an unused sub.
ARNU

Frank Leboerf,Marcelle Desailly,Florent malouda ,Emmanuel Petit,Fernando Torres,Cesc Fabregas,Andre Schurrle, Per Mertesacker, Arjen Robben,Thierry Henry All won the world cup.

Potts possibly played against Leboerf,Malouda,Desailly,Petit and Henry.My memory aint what it used to be.Maybe he'd retired by then.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Arnu, Malouda and Robben haven't won the World Cup and also...was thinking only about players who were ex of dagenham when they did it . So Steve Potts is in eligible. But there aren't a lot of others to be fair. CMS is a good shout though
ARNU

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Arnu, Malouda and Robben haven't won the World Cup and also...was thinking only about players who were ex of dagenham when they did it . So Steve Potts is in eligible. But there aren't a lot of others to be fair. CMS is a good shout though
My bad.Both played in the final though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Bluenose

Victor Palson played twice on loan for the Daggers at the end of 2010. In May 2012 he came on as a second half sub for New York Red Bulls helping them to a 1-0 victory over an LA Galaxy side featuring not only David Beckham and Robbie Keane but also 2002 World Cup winner Juninho. Also, in a couple of games that season he in fact played alongside 1998 World Cup winner Thierry Henry.
matt_drfc

Bluenose wrote:Victor Palson played twice on loan for the Daggers at the end of 2010. In May 2012 he came on as a second half sub for New York Red Bulls helping them to a 1-0 victory over an LA Galaxy side featuring not only David Beckham and Robbie Keane but also 2002 World Cup winner Juninho. Also, in a couple of games that season he in fact played alongside 1998 World Cup winner Thierry Henry.
The Juninho that plays for LA Galaxy has never played for Brazil and would have been 12 in 2002. So he's not one.
Bluenose

Damn. That's half an hour of my life on an MLS stats site wasted then.
matt_drfc

Bluenose wrote:Damn. That's half an hour of my life on an MLS stats site wasted then.
Haha, 2 minutes on soccerway done the job for me.
The Romford Dagger

Bluenose wrote:Victor Palson played twice on loan for the Daggers at the end of 2010. In May 2012 he came on as a second half sub for New York Red Bulls helping them to a 1-0 victory over an LA Galaxy side featuring not only David Beckham and Robbie Keane but also 2002 World Cup winner Juninho. Also, in a couple of games that season he in fact played alongside 1998 World Cup winner Thierry Henry.

Blimey!

How did you find that out?
matt_drfc

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2012/05 ... s/1244920/ this is the game he's referring to.