WD on the radio.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bloke down the pub

"He said its all about management, thats why we are loseing, players not doing their job, Thats your job, YOU will never make a good manager . You said your players poor and could not do a job......Then you said the players were good and just needed "management" Wake-up WB theres a bus due in 5mins see where it takes you.
Lcbdagger

bloke down the pub wrote:"He said its all about management, thats why we are loseing, players not doing their job, Thats your job, YOU will never make a good manager . You said your players poor and could not do a job......Then you said the players were good and just needed "management" Wake-up WB theres a bus due in 5mins see where it takes you.
If your players can't do a job defensively at set pieces you train them and work hard to improve... if they can't improve by April at the end of the season you're either doing something wrong or the players are no good... either way it's down to the manager and coaching staff!

If you know it's an achilles heel then at the very least ensure your team don't give away possession countless times near your own box every game and create set pieces for the opposition because of clumsy tackles
leewilson

I think people are underestimating the difficulty of this. You can tell someone to do something 101 times but it's up to them in the moment whether they do it or not. Usain Bolt for example at London 2012 won the 100m but slowed down at the end and didn't break his world record. His coach went mad at him and told him not to do it again. A few days later, Bolt ran the 200m and had a chance of breaking the record but slowed down again and didn't break the record. It's just one example as to the individual being responsible for their actions. If anyone honestly thinks Wayne doesn't drill or give the players relevant information, then you're very naive. I don't think Wayne would have the respect of any of the players who will have played under numerous coaches previously if he didn't. At the end of the day, in the heat of battle, it's down to the player. If concentration dips just 5%, you might be a step slower and that step could cost you a goal. I thought Wayne's comments yesterday were spot on.
matt_drfc

BUT EVERYTHING IS WAYNE'S FAULT. EVERYTHING. WORST MANAGER IN THE WORLD. AWFUL.
bloke down the pub

leewilson wrote:I think people are underestimating the difficulty of this. You can tell someone to do something 101 times but it's up to them in the moment whether they do it or not. Usain Bolt for example at London 2012 won the 100m but slowed down at the end and didn't break his world record. His coach went mad at him and told him not to do it again. A few days later, Bolt ran the 200m and had a chance of breaking the record but slowed down again and didn't break the record. It's just one example as to the individual being responsible for their actions. If anyone honestly thinks Wayne doesn't drill or give the players relevant information, then you're very naive. I don't think Wayne would have the respect of any of the players who will have played under numerous coaches previously if he didn't. At the end of the day, in the heat of battle, it's down to the player. If concentration dips just 5%, you might be a step slower and that step could cost you a goal. I thought Wayne's comments yesterday were spot on.

Yep.....Spot on . Not up to the job
Pondfield Dagger

who's man was Goldsman?
as Wayne said every person is told the name of their player to mark at restarts...he marked the wrong man on first goal and second goal he was there, but didn't concentrate, from the video it looked like no.4 shirt..
leewilson

bloke down the pub wrote:
leewilson wrote:I think people are underestimating the difficulty of this. You can tell someone to do something 101 times but it's up to them in the moment whether they do it or not. Usain Bolt for example at London 2012 won the 100m but slowed down at the end and didn't break his world record. His coach went mad at him and told him not to do it again. A few days later, Bolt ran the 200m and had a chance of breaking the record but slowed down again and didn't break the record. It's just one example as to the individual being responsible for their actions. If anyone honestly thinks Wayne doesn't drill or give the players relevant information, then you're very naive. I don't think Wayne would have the respect of any of the players who will have played under numerous coaches previously if he didn't. At the end of the day, in the heat of battle, it's down to the player. If concentration dips just 5%, you might be a step slower and that step could cost you a goal. I thought Wayne's comments yesterday were spot on.

Yep.....Spot on . Not up to the job
Try reading next time
ARNU

I think Wayne should leave the interviews to others who have a better grasp of vocabulary.He does tie himself up in knots and makes a few mistakes because of his poor grasp of the language leading to misunderstanding.No doubt he has the same problem when drilling his playing staff.Mark your man dosent seem that hard to understand though so maybe the players are just thick.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

I heard he kicks dogs as well.