Twitter/Facebook/Instagram ect

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dodge1197

How many fans actually spread the word around these sites about the daggers,do you not feel us fans could do more.
stanton101

I was a season ticket holder elsewhere and decided to try out Dagenham and have been a regular this season. I introduced a mate a while ago and he attends wben he can. The book by Lee Price entitled "Turning my back on the premier league is an indication of how some fans feel about the overpaid superstars and greed of the premiership. I'm not sure what more can be done to entice people in at Dagenham apart from success on the pitch and for that you need money or be extremely successful with your scouting system.
Dodge1197

Agreed,I just feel us as fans could do more to promote the daggers,raise the profile off the club,every little helps lol
bearaab

I brought my mates along to a couple of the anti-racism games. Most of them have never been back after the really exciting MK Dons game. Only one comes to the occasional home game (which is occasional for me due to living away) and another who lives near me comes on the localish away games. That MK Dons game was literally so shit 5 of my mates have never been back.
ARNU

I have come to the conclusion that the only thing that will improve attendances is if the team keep winning.How can you make someone who dosent like marmite,like marmite ? Simple,turn it into chocolate.How exciting a prospect is it for a potential new fan to come and watch 16th(or worse) in the league 2 play 15th ? Think back to when you started going.Even I who lived in Dagenham didn't go for the first 40 years of my life.It was only when they looked like going up from the conference I got involved and have stuck with it ever since.Lack of any real ambition to do anything but survive is wearing thin with me now.Its all got a bit boring.What will a home defeat today do for new fans ? Im guessing it'll turn them away for another year if they come back at all.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Dodge1197 wrote:How many fans actually spread the word around these sites about the daggers,do you not feel us fans could do more.
Myself and Nick run this which has nearly 5000 members. https://www.facebook.com/UnofficialDage ... =bookmarks

We put updates on there most of the time. Not sure we could do much more in all honesty.
Dodge1197

Just liked page will certainly try to do my bit
Dagger42

Extra/floating fans will only come if the team is winning or in playing in higher league more exiting/big name opposition. Discount prices are ok but people are not going to keep coming to see a team lose. I think we have joined the league in a time when the gulf between the prem league and lower leagues is high we are not in the same game . Take today's opposition Wimbledon now way is a team now days going to me up from the non-league to the premier. The top fight is now so much about money and show biz clubs like ours are no longer on radar of young kids. I would say quite a high percentage of of our support are old guys like me disillusioned with premier league and believe Sky has ruined football.

redboy

I've lost count of the amount of people I've introduced to the club over the years. A few have become regular fans, 2 season ticket holders, but most of them have died off (not literally) due to the dross that has been served up at home the past few seasons. I'd hate to work out how much lost revenue this amounts to. You can't force people to come and if you are just looking at a few random games during the season, it's still a relatively lot of money to fork out for 90 mins entertainment. Im going to see the tractor boys next week and they have seats going for £21. It's a very competitive market and it's these ad hoc fans that we need to attract. Our core fan base is very loyal but it's never going to grow by much.
Mark

Most of my mates are West Ham. They come to the odd game but only when it's cheap. Even if we lowered our prices permanently they'd still go West Ham.
Dodge1197

I'm a ST holder at West Ham as well as Dagenham but I feel like a lot of West Ham they are fed up being fleeced and this is a great opportunity to nick a few especially with a performance like today
OBD

leewilson wrote:
Dodge1197 wrote:How many fans actually spread the word around these sites about the daggers,do you not feel us fans could do more.
Myself and Nick run this which has nearly 5000 members. https://www.facebook.com/UnofficialDage ... =bookmarks

We put updates on there most of the time. Not sure we could do much more in all honesty.
I'd follow it but I know my opinions on football infuriate you. Would hate to cause you any stress by commenting on anything
@OfficialBigDave
bearaab

There's a lot of stupid comments on there so I'm sure a few more wouldn't hurt.
NickMurphy

bearaab wrote:There's a lot of stupid comments on there so I'm sure a few more wouldn't hurt.
If we took everything seriously on there, there'd be no fun ;)

The club could look about getting an instagram account set up, a lot of others seem to have that now.
bearaab

Its ridiculous how many more followers your page has compared to the club one as well. I think a lot of people think yours is the proper one.