Ashley Chambers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

I'm struggling to think of a time when he could ever have been described as excellent for us. He has rarely ever caused defenders any problems, as he doesn't have enough pace, strength or ability.

He's next to useless played behind a striker - when he does manage to get close enough to support them he ends up in the way.
dagger4eva

When we signed Chambers, Adrian called it the least exciting signing we had ever made.

I still stick by the fact that was far from the truth however, after nearly a full season I'd certainly go as far as to say I don't think he's good enough for this level... for many of the reasons already pointed out in this thread.

Far too hot & cold for my liking. Flashes of skill & ability which tease you into thinking he will come good and then he proceeds to disappoint once again.

One to be released in the summer
matt_drfc

He's in contract so I highly doubt he'll be released.
Lcbdagger

He will be here next session and probably a starter unless we get a decent summer recruitment drive going
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:When we signed Chambers, Adrian called it the least exciting signing we had ever made.

I still stick by the fact that was far from the truth however, after nearly a full season I'd certainly go as far as to say I don't think he's good enough for this level... for many of the reasons already pointed out in this thread.

Far too hot & cold for my liking. Flashes of skill & ability which tease you into thinking he will come good and then he proceeds to disappoint once again.

I don't know what gets you excited when we sign a player, but when we sign one that we've seen play for us and do nothing and then get released by a club that spent the previous season in the division below us, I don't get at all excited. Some of us could see that he wasn't good enough for this level before he was signed permanently.
The Romford Dagger

Adrian wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:When we signed Chambers, Adrian called it the least exciting signing we had ever made.

I don't know what gets you excited when we sign a player, but when we sign one that we've seen play for us and do nothing and then get released by a club that spent the previous season in the division below us, I don't get at all excited. Some of us could see that he wasn't good enough for this level before he was signed permanently.

When we signed him I was confused as to why. He didn't exactky shine in the loan spell.

However, he has been 5 times the player he was on loan. Occasionally has a good game I.e Carlisle was it? Much improved although his consistency is a huge problem. Good chambers is more than useful for a mid table league 2 side.
bearaab

Standard Chambers however is Conference South level.