Wayne Burnett - NEW POLL

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

With safety assured and Koko the tinker-man pissing off 100 odd supporters with his team selection on Saturday I thought it was time for a new poll.

Despite the miracle turnaround I see little to prevent me from voting "No".

Pity we've missed the boat with Sturrock - think he would have been perfect for us!

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=55 ... 4e696c89d1
ARNU

Its 25 for, 25 against,4 not sure and 1 not bothered so far.(14.10pm 13-4-2015)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SteveW

Voted yes.

On another subject. As a regular lurker and occasional poster on here I was wondering if a change to the title of the forum to something more fitting would be in order. With Stilly coming back tomorrow and the (inevitable) over reaction from the weekend, how about? "Always too high, always too low".
lupins

If you keep repeating the question enough times eventually you will get the response you so desperately seek.
Starting off with the inevitable insult and then speaking on behalf of plus 100 people you certainly kept it balanced.
Mark

I'd like him to stay if the deal is done this week and if the out of contract senior players would be more likely to stay. Otherwise no.
Kevin

lupins wrote:If you keep repeating the question enough times eventually you will get the response you so desperately seek.
Starting off with the inevitable insult and then speaking on behalf of plus 100 people you certainly kept it balanced.
Who gives a poo?

The board will do what the board want to do. Burnett will do what he wants to do.

41.5% of people voting in polls are twice as likely to be in the top third of respondents - resulting in the inescapable conclusion that these kind of polls have zero influence on any actual decisions made.

I still voted though ;)
dagger4eva

Maybe I should do another poll to see how many of the 120 odd that travelled up to Carlisle were happy with the team selection.

Anyway, vote 'not bothered' or just ignore altogether if it bothers you that much

ciao
SUSSEX DAGGER

We'll he looks like he has acheived what he was asked to acheive so looks like he will score high for content if he scores low for artistic impression.

In the dark nights of November and December when I was trying to make a case I was repeatedly informed that it was a result business. Now he has got the results then it is harsh for people to keep crabbing him.

I was disappointed Saturday,to change a team that looked so threatening only days earlier was disappointing because I am certain that Mondays team and formation would have taken Carlisle apart. You will not find an easier opportunity then that Saturday and there has to be doubts now about Partridge and Chambers being retained.

In fairness to him it looks like one change was forced on him by the "Club Captain" refusing to play at Right back. Almost certain we will have to find a new captain next season so I for one say do it now .

I fully understand the policy of looking at Players but the changes were all given to Players who had failed. The game looked ripe for Doidge to partner JC up front especially with the wind behind us but we gave another chance to Players who have repeatedly failed where is if they were made in favour of Doidge, Yussef ( even at the expense of JC) and Jones the disappointment may have been a bit more palatable.

He gets my vote because as I said before who else is there?the question now has slightly changed to who else could have done better.

That said he could almost certainly have done and as all he needed to to is keep the same team as Last Monday on Saturday and another 3 points would have been a gimme as Carlisle were really that poor
Lcbdagger

Certainly yes for me, if only because I feel it may encourage the likes of JC to stay on.

Fair pay to the four people who have taken the time to click on the link just to vote for 'not bothered'!
Auntie Merge

This type of poll is highly unreliable, if only because you can vote more than once and you don't have to be a user of this forum. Basically, you can make this poll show anything you want. Whatever the result is it should be taken with a pinch of salt.
bearaab

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
In fairness to him it looks like one change was forced on him by the "Club Captain" refusing to play at Right back. Almost certain we will have to find a new captain next season so I for one say do it now .
Is there actually any proof of this?
dagger4eva

Not true AM...

I put the strictest settings possible to only allow a single vote per person.

My vote was for No but the majority want him to stay by a slim margin. so that hardly represents the same view I have.

Interesting to see Sussex' post. I was mocked the other day for suggesting Ogogo was calling the shots.... perhaps there was more to that after all!?

By the way, anyone with Daggers player should check out the latest interview with Wayne. Just over half an hour over 2 parts but actually very interesting indeed. Goes over a lot of things that have already been said but actually backs those things up with more of an explanation.
Masked Man

Well, he has almost 50% and a majority, so I'll go with the flow and welcome him if and when he resigns on!

It's never going to be easy for a club like us, especially with an untested manager. I guess the one saving grace is, with each season that goes by, WB is becoming more seasoned and so long as he learns from his mistakes (and is honest about things with the fans) we could probably do worse....
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We'll he looks like he has acheived what he was asked to acheive so looks like he will score high for content if he scores low for artistic impression.

In the dark nights of November and December when I was trying to make a case I was repeatedly informed that it was a result business. Now he has got the results then it is harsh for people to keep crabbing him.

I was disappointed Saturday,to change a team that looked so threatening only days earlier was disappointing because I am certain that Mondays team and formation would have taken Carlisle apart. You will not find an easier opportunity then that Saturday and there has to be doubts now about Partridge and Chambers being retained.

I fully understand the policy of looking at Players but the changes were all given to Players who had failed. The game looked ripe for Doidge to partner JC up front especially with the wind behind us but we gave another chance to Players who have repeatedly failed where is if they were made in favour of Doidge, Yussef ( even at the expense of JC) and Jones the disappointment may have been a bit more palatable.

He gets my vote because as I said before who else is there?the question now has slightly changed to who else could have done better.

That said he could almost certainly have done and as all he needed to to is keep the same team as Last Monday on Saturday and another 3 points would have been a gimme as Carlisle were really that poor
It was Wayne that kept saying it was a results business as I recall, and despite the results being as poor as they were for as long as they were, he kept his job. There were two obvious points when the man should have gone, after we went out of the FA Cup with a whimper to Southport, a result that had a real bearing on the club's bottom line, and when we dropped into the bottom two over the Christmas period, when a new manager would have had the transfer window and half a season to sort it out.

A number of us here have said that it was our home form that was the real factor here, as people come to football to be entertained and shown a bit of effort, and to be fair we have picked up at home too recently. I can tip my hat to him for sorting that out. I was even entertained a couple of times.

However, just go back and listen to that interview after the Carlisle home game... quite apart from the other bollocks he spouts, listen to all the bits about how brilliant the board have been to him, and remember that they didn't fire him on the two obvious occasions to do so... then think about him keeping them hanging over a new contract decision now he holds the upper hand, with a massive part of the playing squad also out of contract.

Time to go!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Interesting development at the Fish Farm yesterday. Awfull got the sack. Over the course of the last two seasons they have acquired the same amount of points as us with a budget that Wayne eluded to in his 2 part interview.

Money is still meant to be tight would not be surprised if they came sniffing.