Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Do we want him as our manager next season. Yes or No

Me - Yes
Chigwellian

NO
The Romford Dagger

Chigwellian wrote:NO

That was about as surprising as sussex's YES will be..
ARNU

I think hes earned it.Yes !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
redboy

The club needs to decide how much ambition it has. Let's be honest its a poor league, I've only seen about half a dozen decent sides this season. If we want to push for a play off place we need someone with more experience and tactical know how. The bigger issue for me is the amount of players out of contract. It's taken WB 30 games to find a successful formula, so would anyone trust him to build a new side if needed. At the end of the day, it will all come down to one thing.....£££££££
bearaab

Age old problem. Need to get a job to get experience. Got a couple of years under his belt, made a few mistakes along the way and people won't accept it.

I want him to stay.
Lcbdagger

Yes but I'm now firmly in the camp that thinks he will call it a day with us anyway... Hoping to be pleasantly surprised
leewilson

redboy wrote:The club needs to decide how much ambition it has. Let's be honest its a poor league, I've only seen about half a dozen decent sides this season. If we want to push for a play off place we need someone with more experience and tactical know how. The bigger issue for me is the amount of players out of contract. It's taken WB 30 games to find a successful formula, so would anyone trust him to build a new side if needed. At the end of the day, it will all come down to one thing.....£££££££
In all fairness, we had an awful lot of ins and outs last summer. We had to replace Lewington, Seabright, Wilkinson, Hoyte, Femi, Saunders, Medy and effective Zavon and Murphy considering their injuries. That's a pretty sizeable chunk of our squad. I think Wayne gambled a little on Rhys and Zav coming back midway through the season a touch. With our budget, when you have two players of that calibre in your squad, I don't blame him for taking a calculated risk like that.

When you consider that most of Wayne's ins were on short term contracts or loans and you divide them up into hit, miss and maybe, you have:

Hit: Cousins, Cureton, Hemmings, Boucaud, Widdowson, Obileye, Jakubiak, (7)

Miss: O'Brien, Chambers, Green, Batt, Labadie, Porter, Agyemang, (7)

Maybe: Raymond, Doidge, Yusuff, Partridge (4)

I've not included the loanees who barely played and were here largely as cover.

I think that split would some up our season. We've had some excellent, some awful. However, I'd like to think he learned from his mistakes earlier in the season with the acquisition of Widdowson and Obileye. I'd also argue the first two names on the list are our top 2 candidates for POTS. Out of the misses, only 4 remain at the club.

It was a tough ask to rebuild the squad. He's probably going to have to do a similar job again this summer when we lose maybe 4-5 regulars from the squad. He knows the club and it's restraints. He appears to have the respect and control of the dressing room. I actually think he talks a lot of sense despite coming across as arrogant. And like Arnu says, most importantly, when push has come to shove he's earned it. Definite yes.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Wayne Burnett is going to be the Manager next season and the club a hould be ashamed of themselves for not informing the fans.

Treating loyal fans like mushrooms is simply poor darts in my eyes.
PaulHornchurch

Yes. I doubt we would be able to sign any of the loanees we have, and apart from Batt, Connors, Labadie I would resign the rest and add a couple.

Again I felt better when Doidge was up top with JC, and that might be a tactical area we could look at more.

Didn't see many expecting a 3-2 win at Newport, but that's what it was. Okay Mark made a number of fine saves at 0-0, but that just confirms what a good signing the Manager made.
Richie

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Wayne Burnett is going to be the Manager next season and the club a hould be ashamed of themselves for not informing the fans.

Treating loyal fans like mushrooms is simply poor darts in my eyes.
So he's signed a contract Sussex? Club wouldn't (and shouldn't) announce it until all the paperwork has gone through etc.
Mark

The problem Lee is that he started the season with a squad that wasn't capable of staying in the division, put some of the worst players we had in the first team, and took seemingly ages to correct it.

He has made some good signings but allowing many good players to leave and replacing them with inferior players leaves me with big question marks about his judgement.

The fact that he's turned it round does give me hope that he's learnt his lesson though and he's earnt another season.
IanC

Well pleased with this news,we have steadied the ship again to calmer waters and look forward to yet another season in the football league where we belong.We certainly have earned that right.Already looking forward to seeing wayne push on Hemmings,Doidge,Jodie,yusful,gayley etc,and with cousins(agree sussex,poty by a mile),and Joe Wid we have a nucleus of a great team,and with some extra work i still see partridge being useful.Of the others,be great to have zav back,another year for JC a no brainer,Andre has had a great season too,billy boy,skip and doey will be interesting though.All have served the club so well and deserve a crack higher up,i know there are luton rumours with billy but i just dont see us losing all 3 of them.So onwards and up next season,well done wayne and the boys,time to push on,and now he as had a couple of full seasons maybe history will repeat itself like when stilly returned to us.A couple of seasons of mid table obscurity,and well,the rest is history and reminds us of the wonderful journey our little club has had,maybe next year we can be the surprise package again.
SUSSEX DAGGER

IanC wrote:Well pleased with this news,we have steadied the ship again to calmer waters and look forward to yet another season in the football league where we belong.We certainly have earned that right.Already looking forward to seeing wayne push on Hemmings,Doidge,Jodie,yusful,gayley etc,and with cousins(agree sussex,poty by a mile),and Joe Wid we have a nucleus of a great team,and with some extra work i still see partridge being useful.Of the others,be great to have zav back,another year for JC a no brainer,Andre has had a great season too,billy boy,skip and doey will be interesting though.All have served the club so well and deserve a crack higher up,i know there are luton rumours with billy but i just dont see us losing all 3 of them.So onwards and up next season,well done wayne and the boys,time to push on,and now he as had a couple of full seasons maybe history will repeat itself like when stilly returned to us.A couple of seasons of mid table obscurity,and well,the rest is history and reminds us of the wonderful journey our little club has had,maybe next year we can be the surprise package again.
You know what IC it's good to have a bit of positivity.

When we were in bottom two both me and you knew that we had chucked away late points that would have seen us mid table. Look at the table this morning and you will get the Same feeling about this years playoff, we are nine points short and at 80 minutes of some games we had those nine points.

That's how close we are IMO and it is a price we have paid for having such a young team. It can't be any coincidence that as our younger players got more Experienced results improved over the season. Yesterday we saw this so clearly for 80 minutes we were very well organised at the back but looked to get very tired in the heat and for that alone we deserved what we ended up getting. We were running on empty at the end as the 100% effort that was put in took it's toll.

It's a Shame we are going to lose big names over the Summer and I think next season will be much like this as it is going to take a while for new players to jeel and once again the Board may need to keep their nerve.
Lcbdagger

Will be a struggle if Billy and Abs go but Partridge could be the answer at RB and Raymond may be able to push on in the middle along side experienced players like Boucard.

Not at all convinced we would be able to adequately replace Doe unfortunately... Not just a brilliant player but seems to raise the game of others alongside him