Batt gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

dagger4eva wrote:I certainly wouldn't begrudge either Doe or Abu a move.

Their commitment to the club during their time is unquestionable and deserve the chance to play at a higher level.

If Lewington, Tomlin, Wes Morgan et al can all get a League 1 club I'm sure these two can.

Bingham is slightly different for me ... his 1st real lengthy, injury free period and I'd like to see him repay a bit of the loyalty the club showed in sticking by him during his injury laden times. Best is still to come from him too. Another couple of years and he too could easily be playing at League 1 or higher.

As for Connors, way, way out of his depth.
The fact that Wayne bombed him out TWICE speaks volumes.

Perhaps him and Batt should look to join up with the other Daggers reject at Maidstone !!
Would agree on Billy if he was certain to stay injury free next season... many thought Murphy was a poor deal when he went but he has been injured at Oldham and offered very little to them. If Billy goes he may well end up with less than 20 games played next season for a new team.

My understanding that he was asking to have his contract cancelled at the start of 2014/15 because he wanted to leave wouldn't give me any hope that he will have an epiphany and decide he should stay with us
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Phippo wrote:In my opinion there is very little between Batt and Conners. I would be more then happy to see both gone!
Crucially for Jack there's about 10 years between them. There's still time for him to make it
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:I certainly wouldn't begrudge either Doe or Abu a move.

Their commitment to the club during their time is unquestionable and deserve the chance to play at a higher level.

If Lewington, Tomlin, Wes Morgan et al can all get a League 1 club I'm sure these two can.

Bingham is slightly different for me ... his 1st real lengthy, injury free period and I'd like to see him repay a bit of the loyalty the club showed in sticking by him during his injury laden times. Best is still to come from him too. Another couple of years and he too could easily be playing at League 1 or higher.

As for Connors, way, way out of his depth.
The fact that Wayne bombed him out TWICE speaks volumes.

Perhaps him and Batt should look to join up with the other Daggers reject at Maidstone !!
Would agree on Billy if he was certain to stay injury free next season... many thought Murphy was a poor deal when he went but he has been injured at Oldham and offered very little to them. If Billy goes he may well end up with less than 20 games played next season for a new team.

My understanding that he was asking to have his contract cancelled at the start of 2014/15 because he wanted to leave wouldn't give me any hope that he will have an epiphany and decide he should stay with us
He was tapped up by Still, the guy the everyone was wanking over last week. He would sell his own granny.
ARNU

TomMc wrote:
ARNU wrote:There will be another Doe,Abs and Bingham out there,they aint getting any younger.
Doe is 26
Abu is 25
Billy is 24

You're right, they're in the twilight of their careers.
Yes I know.

My point is if you are gonna make it into the bigtime,you probably wont if you are still languishing in league 2 at those ages.Im sure you'll pedanticly list me names of players who went from Dagenham to the Prem under that age but my point is valid(Wont hold my breathe).I wasn't saying they were past it,just that time is creeping up on them.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
its all good

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of these players stay next year
From what I hear only one really wants a move so for others the new contract offer may be the deciding factor
Mikins

On the face of things I really hope we can Keep hold of Doe, Abu as much as I love the guy, our midfield has coped without him this season at varying points and we know he wants to be a CM rather than a RB. Billy is good on form, but its just hoping that he doesnt get crocked each season, and tbh he hasnt had a single injury free season yet.

I figure if anything those two we could stomach losing and replace, but Doe has been at the heart of the defence for what, 5 years now? I think he'd be a massive loss.
Sorry about your damn luck!
NickMurphy

I can deal with losing Abu, and have more or less resigned myself to the fact we probably will, but as others have said I really don't want to lose Doey, not only because he's absolutely crucial to our defence, but he's one of the last survivors from our original spell in League Two, and I'd class him as a proper 'Dagger' given the time he's spent here.

I think we stand a real chance of keeping hold of him, and I hope he knows how much we want him to stay. Things like that don't count a lot in modern football these days, but I reckon Doe feels like part of the furniture here now and hopefully we do everything we can to keep him.
Dagger83

TomMc wrote:
ARNU wrote:There will be another Doe,Abs and Bingham out there,they aint getting any younger.
Doe is 26
Abu is 25
Billy is 24

You're right, they're in the twilight of their careers.
There's no more certain way of making me feel old than listing footballer's ages. Thanks for that.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Lcbdagger

its all good wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of these players stay next year
From what I hear only one really wants a move so for others the new contract offer may be the deciding factor
Billy I imagine is the name wanting out? Interesting to see if Abu gets a midfield spot were he to leave... Brighton got hold of Vincelot, stuck him back at RB a couple of times and then he couldn't get near their side
Dagger83

Billy wanted out at the start of the season. Perhaps a run in the side has stemmed that but I can't see him staying. Still one of my favourite players mind. I honestly think he'd shine in a better team.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Lcbdagger

If the likes of Ollie Lee or Clayton Donaldson can get a game in The Championship and Jamie Vardy can get a Premier League move... Then Billy can play in League One
ARNU

Lcbdagger wrote:If the likes of Ollie Lee or Clayton Donaldson can get a game in The Championship and Jamie Vardy can get a Premier League move... Then Billy can play in League One
Im sure he already did.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NickMurphy

Lcbdagger wrote:If the likes of Ollie Lee or Clayton Donaldson can get a game in The Championship and Jamie Vardy can get a Premier League move... Then Billy can play in League One
Bit unfair on Vardy and Donaldson there I thought.
The Romford Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:
Bit unfair on Vardy and Donaldson there I thought.

Agree