Bingham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I think he had a brilliant season last year but I cant help thinking that his injury history makes him a liability for any potential employers.How long has he been with us ? Years innit but apart from the goal v Crawley and last season the rest of the time he couldn't get in the team or hold a regular position because of injury.I want him to stay and I think he has matured well but only one season as a starter wouldnt get you a decent move normally.I know its about the money at the end of the day but think hed be better sticking with us.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Luton it is then
bloke down the pub

Lcbdagger wrote:Luton it is then

Not good enough.
Lcbdagger

bloke down the pub wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Luton it is then

Not good enough.
Talent wise I would argue he is good enough for League One at a decent, top half team... injury and fitness wise however, I can't see him playing more than 20 games
rebeldagger

He's gone to Crew.
IanC

Great move for Billy boy chuffed to bits for him,i personally think we`ll miss him more than doey or Abs.Take your points about him staying fit,but also dont forget he spent a lot of time on the bench while we were still playing one two`s with thunderbird 5!
TheLion

Sorry to see him go, but I am really pleased for the player himself.

I remember Thommo telling a few of us earlier this year, that Abu, Scott and Billy would all be here for the 2015/2016 season! We smiled at the time, and sadly our predictions came true.

Not really sure what to expect next season, but as long as the eleven on the pitch put in the effort then I will be content whatever the outcome.
Mike the Dagger

Good luck Billy and thanks for the memories.

Big loss this one, as we have played massively better with Billy in the team than without over the last three or four seasons. Lets hope that Frankie Raymond can step up.
DaggerJoel11

Quite simply gutted. I knew Wayne wouldn't retain all of our key performers but I didn't expect three star players to leave. That's it now, no survivors from 2010 Play-Off success.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Always a league one player but never stayed fit enough otherwise he would have gone seasons ago.

Chuffed to see a decent mice for him... Just needs to not do a Rhys and get crocked after a game or two
Lcbdagger

Always a league one player but never stayed fit enough otherwise he would have gone seasons ago.

Chuffed to see a decent mice for him... Just needs to not do a Rhys and get crocked after a game or two
stanton101

So pleased for him, and equally chuffed I bought a season ticket, well done club for pulling out all the stops ffs! :x
Mikins

stanton101 wrote:So pleased for him, and equally chuffed I bought a season ticket, well done club for pulling out all the stops ffs! :x
Well they offered him the best they could. Problem is we're still piss-poor and most people probably earn more money bench warming in the conference than they do playing for us.

I'm not happy he's gone, but not in the least bit surprised.
Sorry about your damn luck!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Now he's gone can I say never really rated him that much? Too much of a luxury player and too injured to make a long term impact on the squad in my opinion. I wish I him well though, he has obviously had a good season this year but I've barely seen any of it. I would say that I don't think he'll ever play regularly in a 4-4-2 in the football league unless he's got Claude bloody Makelele alongside him
NickMurphy

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Now he's gone can I say never really rated him that much?
You can, but I'd argue you're wrong. Always appeared to have a calming influence on the side, we were a better team when he played last season in particular. Probably the most naturally gifted ball player we had at the club, it's just absolutely criminal that he never made 100 starts for the club in a period that spanned over half a decade (Soccerbase) - I'm gutted he's gone but like Doey and Abu, it's hard to begrudge him a move if they're paying him more, which they almost certainly are. Plus it's a league higher and he'll fit well into their system.

As for us now, we've lost around 600 appearances worth of experience from the core of our side which is a big blow. Yet I'd rather we wait to make signings and assess potential replacements properly rather than jumping in straight away and signing someone who it turns out can't cut it consistently at this level. Wayne's got a job on his hands here.