Surely not!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
rechitski kinzhal

Six weeks to transfer window and with the notable exception of Gayle we have not had to worry over the last few years as none of our side were really pulling up trees. But will that change now?
Most of us are surprised at how well the team are doing now, and in most cases this is existing players who are now playing to potential, or are greatly improved. But two new players, both of whom have struggled to achieve anything elsewhere, are now, quite rightly, being talked about. But surely it would be silly for either of these players to move on after such a short time of doing well ...... silly for their careers, but maybe not silly for their wallets.
With the exception of CMS (perhaps also Vincelot), our club have had so many players move on, and in most cases fallen flat on their faces, whilst a few others have at best managed to get first team football in league 1 or 2.
Gayle's career seems to have come to a shuddering halt, mainly due, I would suggest, to moving from Stanstead, to Bish Std, to Daggers, to Posh to Palace in 2 years. A terrible shame for such a talented youngster, but I imagine collecting the £18k a week may make things more palatable.
Remember Brian Woodhall ..... after that hat-trick against Bristol Rovers we were fearful he would go to Nottm Forest ..... now we would be mighty relieved if he went to Waltham Forest.
The rest of this season would seem to have a lot of excitement and potential for players and fans, and I would be most concerned if the balance of the side was altered just as we seem to be on the verge of something ...... but players can be easily swayed.
Have we anything to be concerned about?
TheLion

The two players you are talking about plus the manager, were given a chance at the start of this season, when it appeared that no one else was interested.

Loyalty may not be in vogue in the professional football world, but I hope that the individuals give us until the end of the season at least, if someone 'comes calling' in the transfer window. .

As supporters , we have experienced two years of boredom and worry.

On Saturday against Burton, I felt that some of our play in the second half, was the best I have seen from a Dagenham side in my six seasons at Victoria Road.

I also hope the Board show some loyalty if someone comes in waving a wad of notes, as the Gayle money should keep us going for quite a while.

If the players are worth X in January, then if they continue delivering, they would be worth X Plus in the summer.

Anyway, to end on a positive, the manager is doing a grand job and it is a delight to come along on match days.
ARNU

Dwight Gayle was a spectator on Saturday sitting in the Family stand.1st win hes been present at for a long time I'd imagine.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

Surely we for once don't need to sell due to the Gayle money, obviously everyone has a price but if we sell for anything below stupid money I'd be annoyed this year.
davei

I agree. One of the reasons we went up and came back down again was a lack of pre-planning (I don't think intentionally) for an event (promotion) no one could forsee happening. I hope we do not get promoted this year (somewhat tongue in cheek), rather we build on making what for now appears a decent team, stronger by retaining those players that currently are providing us with the results we need.
Penfold

davei wrote:I agree. One of the reasons we went up and came back down again was a lack of pre-planning (I don't think intentionally) for an event (promotion) no one could forsee happening. I hope we do not get promoted this year (somewhat tongue in cheek), rather we build on making what for now appears a decent team, stronger by retaining those players that currently are providing us with the results we need.
I think we would do better this time around. Most of the players we have now have come down from higher up, before we had players that had no experience of the higher standard so we came unstuck more.

Rhys and Zavs would definitely help!
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
ARNU

I think Id rather go up if we could.That would guarantee 2 more years of league football.But we'd have to break some of our skinflint ways and invest to stay up.Im not saying go mad,but doing nothing like last time would be a mistake.I think the rewards for that would be much higher attendances and so hopefully would finance itself.
Blackie645

I have heard from someone who is related to Gavin Hoyte and apparently Colchester United want him, and he is out of contract this year!! :o
USADAGGER nick

Blackie645 wrote:I have heard from someone who is related to Gavin Hoyte and apparently Colchester United want him, and he is out of contract this year!! :o

If it's less than 750K, no way son
ARNU

Hoyte £750k..(We didn't get that for Gayle until the add-ons kicked in)....I like the bloke and have argued he should be playing for ages but you'd have to take the money as he aint worth that.In fact over than Zav and Murphy that is a good price for any of our players.Danny green only went for about 300k didn't he,same with Vincelot and Benno.
Dagger83

USADAGGER nick wrote:
Blackie645 wrote:I have heard from someone who is related to Gavin Hoyte and apparently Colchester United want him, and he is out of contract this year!! :o

If it's less than 750K, no way son
What currency? Rand?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Hoyte £750k..(We didn't get that for Gayle until the add-ons kicked in)....I like the bloke and have argued he should be playing for ages but you'd have to take the money as he aint worth that.In fact over than Zav and Murphy that is a good price for any of our players.Danny green only went for about 300k didn't he,same with Vincelot and Benno.
He is free to sign a pre contract agreement in January. As he ia under 24 we may get 7.5 k out of a Tribunal but other then that we wont get a carrot
bearaab

Only foreign clubs. Can't sign domesticalyy till there's one month left.