Charlton

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Up until the first goal think we looked decent tonight, Dikakoma looked solid and Charlton were in a game. However, the vain in which they scored was simply unacceptable. The changes came too late and the errors were poor. What's Wayne going to do Saturday?
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
SUSSEX DAGGER

Can't argue with that Joel. Thought we lacked pace at the back and the attribute that Scott Doe gave us is already clearly missing. Matt Partridge simply does not have the pace to play Right back and Nosworthy will be solid but will struggle to win many leg races.

If Doidge does not get a chance now then I am at a loss , took his goal well and was unlucky not to get a second .

Game two and we look team that is easy to beat.
stanton101

Let's get a little perspective here. Yes we've been beaten twice, in the end quite comprehensively both times. But look at who we've played. One is a team that will more than likely go up automatically with a budget and support far superior to ours and the other is a league away from the premiership. We're still waiting to have a fully fit squad to choose from and new players to gel together and in fairness to Wayne we couldn't have had a harder start to the new season than what we've had. Saturday's match will still be a big test for us, but it'll be a bit more even than the first two.
bloke down the pub

The best comment on this game was {We sang well }.
Lcbdagger

I'm less concerned that we are losing to decent teams, more that one goal conceded leads to three in a short space of time. Even if we look a threat up front we can't be needing four or five goals to win a game each week!
Daggerfan

I thought the conga was brilliant, and some of the chants were priceless. And at 3-0 down we were still singing
IanC

Didnt go to pompey or last night as was working,but ive seen enough in pre season to suggest we`ll be ok.To be honest since the fixtures came out i never gave a monkeys about our first two games as you kinda knew what was coming,ive said all along our season starts on the 15th against the O`s and followed quickly by another home game.We will we see how we are doing after about ten games before we settle down and see where we are heading.I definately think though like others that doidgy should be starting now,he has never let us down when he`s played and has always scored too,he was up and down last year because of injury but ya can see with his first proper full pre-season he looks fit and strong and was immense when he came on against palace.No brainer Wayne lad get him in i think this lad could be a twenty goal a season striker,and is there any news on aaron maclean yet anyone?
leewilson

IanC wrote:Didnt go to pompey or last night as was working,but ive seen enough in pre season to suggest we`ll be ok.To be honest since the fixtures came out i never gave a monkeys about our first two games as you kinda knew what was coming,ive said all along our season starts on the 15th against the O`s and followed quickly by another home game.We will we see how we are doing after about ten games before we settle down and see where we are heading.I definately think though like others that doidgy should be starting now,he has never let us down when he`s played and has always scored too,he was up and down last year because of injury but ya can see with his first proper full pre-season he looks fit and strong and was immense when he came on against palace.No brainer Wayne lad get him in i think this lad could be a twenty goal a season striker,and is there any news on aaron maclean yet anyone?
Couldn't agree more. I remember seeing Doidge against Spurs last season and knowing straight away that he had something. The silly transfer saga and immediate injury put paid to his season really but I have high expectations this time out. For me, that was Wayne's one error against Pompey. McClure and Cureton are the same type of player. If we go two up, it should always be Doidge plus one of them.

However, I feel at present we have to play 4-5-1 as our midfield isn't quite strong enough to go 4-4-2. Nevertheless, Doidge should be an option later on in games to go two up top.

For Saturday I'd go:

----------------------Cousins

Passley---Dikamona---Nosworthy----Widdowson

------------Richards----Boucaud----------------------

Jones---------------Chambers--------Hemmings

--------------------Cureton-------------------------

I know Chambers isn't a favourite of many but he's had a good pre season and I feel his best position is behind the striker. Whilst he's confident, let's make use of that. If it's not working, the option to secure the midfield more with Ferdinand more is there, as is the option to go two up in Doidge.
PaulHornchurch

Despite our small squad, picking a team is quite tricky.

I'll go with Lee's team but would start without Jones, and have Doidge up top with JC. The Orient Manager was at 2 of our pre-season games and will be expecting Jody to play.

I would look to bring Jody on after 70 mins and turn the screw.

Not sure how but we fit him in but Raymond needs to return when fit for a bit of creativity
Mark

I thought Passley had a mare at Portsmouth but also dubious about Partridge at right back.

I'd pick Ferdinand over Chambers but tbh I'm not sure it makes much difference, I don't think we have the right options available.
shoreyda2nd

Chambers had possibly his best ever game for us last night, drifting into spaces between the lines and making things happen. This is what Jodie needs to do when he plays on the right.

I think Chambers deserves to play, so stick him behind JC, with Hemmings and Jodie wide, but with the option of Jodie and Chambers switching now and again.
stanton101

shoreyda2nd wrote:Chambers had possibly his best ever game for us last night, drifting into spaces between the lines and making things happen. This is what Jodie needs to do when he plays on the right.

I think Chambers deserves to play, so stick him behind JC, with Hemmings and Jodie wide, but with the option of Jodie and Chambers switching now and again.
He was probably our best player right enough. But I can't believe what's happened to McClure, he looks lost in both the opening matches I've seen him in, I don't know whether it's fitness or lack of confidence but something's not right.
Lcbdagger

Not sure I'd start Chambers but he had to pay on the middle if he plays at all... A 442 with him out wide is a complete waste as the guy is as much a winger as Partridge is a full back