Match Thread - Plymouth v Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Good to hear Scott Doe is back in contention for this one http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/w ... 90267.aspx

Considering it's 3,798 miles away, in minus 30 degree temperatures and with coastal winds..I'd take a draw.

C'mon you Daggers..!! :-)
Dagger83

I'd take a draw easily.

Apologies if posting in the unofficial match thread is a ban-able offence.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Kevin

Sounds a pretty tight affair from the stats?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24968753 (obv taking into account the usual BBC inaccuracies..)
SUSSEX DAGGER

Game of two halves in total utter control first half. Never raised a shot at goal second. Been told the referee had his arm raised when he awarded the free kick indicating an indirect kick for obstruction. It appears that the ball went straightht in from the resulting free kick.

Oh well bad day but lets move on
Dagdale

After last weeks great win was expecting us to do very well here and come away with at least a point, but came away pretty disheartened that we just didn't 'show up' and keeled over in the second half, never used our left side at all after oranges and yes that winning goal guy took a really 'bend it like beckham' free kick goal extremely well, I actually thought WE made them stand out good. Cant really blame Lewy at all for the two goals, just hope we come good again on Tuesday at the Dons. Stayed over the night and must say one of my favourite places now, Argyle fans very friendly met loads, best meat pies (in vans outside ground) ever tasted and a pleasure, nice to go to a ground where the blessed bal doesn't keep leaving the stadium and to have a beer or two in a very exciting night life town. Most Argyle fans thought we were a bit hard done by not getting at least a point.
Chigwellian

Getting a bit fed up of not coming out in the second half after playing well in the first.... Blame must go to the management for this.
Please don't shoot me down for my opinion.
I have said it before, and will say it again, Wayne Burnett just looks gormless in the dugout. There is no emotion, no hand gestures to the players, .... If anything, it's Warren Hackett that has more input.

What goes on in the dressing room at half time to make the players totally change their mindset is beyond me.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Chigwellian wrote:Getting a bit fed up of not coming out in the second half after playing well in the first.... Blame must go to the management for this.
Please don't shoot me down for my opinion.
I have said it before, and will say it again, Wayne Burnett just looks gormless in the dugout. There is no emotion, no hand gestures to the players, .... If anything, it's Warren Hackett that has more input.

What goes on in the dressing room at half time to make the players totally change their mindset is beyond me.

Thats there is the rub my friend. You sometimes have to pay due resprct to your opponents. I would like to know what was in their oranges because there was certainly something thst gave them a lift. They looked a diffrent team. Agree with dagdale we did not use both sides of the pitch second half . Time and time againn we broke out and it was not until Zav went acriss to the leff for one flurry did we ever use that flank.

There was some sublime passing and movement first half that was not so eveident in the second simply

because our opponents closed down a lot better.

Your comments about the Manager seem a little harsh. Any mug can stand there shouting and bawling but if the Plsters dont take it in whats the point. Give me more seasons like we are having and i wont complain.
bearaab

Wayne out!
Kevin

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Your comments about the Manager seem a little harsh. Any mug can stand there shouting and bawling but if the Plsters dont take it in whats the point. Give me more seasons like we are having and i wont complain.
For me, it's all about how Managers & Teams respond to setbacks - that's a big part of how people learn.

Other than substitutions & formation changes, I can't see how the manager can really affect too much while the game is going on..whether that be waving his arms doing the funky chicken, or sitting back taking notes.

Does sound like Plymouth had a good second half as well us dropping our performance level.

Hopefully they'll liven up a bit at the Dons tomorrow..!!