Who will replace Abu?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TheLion

The game where we will probably need Abu more than ever, finds him suspended, so we need to find someone to fill the gap against Wimbledon.

What I have seen of Saunders, I do not think the physical side of his game is up to what we will need.

I would probably play the team from Saturday with Doe coming in for Abu.

I do not think that Connors is right for this game as I imagine they will try to do a Mansfield on us.

Other thoughts?
ARNU

Saunders is a good player,cant see why he wouldn't cope.That or shove on another defender.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

So we've gone from wanting Abu out of midfield to feeling that missing him is critical to our hopes of getting something at Wimbledon?

Come on guys. He's a good player but he's not indispensable. Time for Saunders to step up. Or failing that, Bingham and Howell as a pair with Medy in front and Obafemi out on the right.

Wayne will probably go 4-4-2 now I've said that with Dickson and Murphy up front.
Richie

I see no reason to do anything other than bringing Saunders in
Dagger83

Richie wrote:I see no reason to do anything other than bringing Saunders in
He wasn't even on the bench on Saturday was he? Seems like a long shot to go straight in the team from not being in the squad.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Richie

Dagger83 wrote:
He wasn't even on the bench on Saturday was he? Seems like a long shot to go straight in the team from not being in the squad.
True, but as far as I know he's the only other CM we have, and I don't think an injury in an area where we have a ready made replacement warrents a change of system. Can Edgar play CM? Elito has done it in a 3 I suppose
bearaab

Howell, Bingham and Elito with Murphy, Hines and Femi 2 up top.
Dagger83

Richie wrote:
Dagger83 wrote:
True, but as far as I know he's the only other CM we have, and I don't think an injury in an area where we have a ready made replacement warrents a change of system. Can Edgar play CM? Elito has done it in a 3 I suppose
I haven't seen us play in months so I can't even begin to tell you an alternative but I'd be surprised if Saunders came straight in.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
bearaab

Wouldn't mind seeing Shields get a go on the wing to cover for moving Elito but I reckon Obafemi will start. He's a good worker and we'll need that if Medy is in the middle. Not having a dig at Medy there, his workrate has improved significantly and I reckon this would be a good game to have him in the middle as he always seems to thrive on an away game in the middle.
matt_drfc

Obafemi starts, so I guess Elito drops into midfield for a 4-3-3. Saunders not even on bench, surely he's on his way out?
bearaab

Me and Wayne on the same wavelength...
matt_drfc

Bingham injured, really hope it's not serious. But it sounds like Elito did a good job in the middle. If Saunders isn't in with a shout of a starting place, then surely we'll be looking to loan someone in?