Burnett

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Just listened to his latest interview after yesterdays awesome and massively unexpected win.

A couple of minutes in and he just couldnt help himself get on the defensive and have a pop.

On making changes to the team:

"If we'd of got beat, I wouldnt have known what I was doing, something i've heard many many times. And when you win they DONT say brilliant, you've done fantastic today."

And there, people, is Wayne will NEVER connect with our small but loyal fanbase.
Massive, massive chip on his shoulder!

For the record Wayne, well done yesterday, that was a fantastic result!
bearaab

I don't go to games very often anymore as I don't live local, but I've seen him get a torrent of abuse when I have been, even when we're winning. The thing is though, its normally just a minority. He needs to get over it really. Stevenage away last season was the last game I went too and he was clapped and cheered at full time. He'd do well to remember those times over the times the minority gave him stick.
leewilson

dagger4eva wrote:Just listened to his latest interview after yesterdays awesome and massively unexpected win.

A couple of minutes in and he just couldnt help himself get on the defensive and have a pop.

"If we'd of got beat, I wouldnt have known what I was doing, something i've heard many many times. And when you win they DONT say brilliant, you've done fantastic today."

And there, people, is Wayne will NEVER connect with our small but loyal fanbase.

He is kind of right. Like you say, the biggest mistake he makes is actually publicly saying it as opposed to keeping it to himself but we all have different personalities and get agitated by different things. To be honest, I can empathise a bit with Wayne because this would also be my flaw if I was managing a club.
ARNU

Im pleased with him and recognise it aint easy starting again with practically a whole new team but he does have a massive chip on his shoulder and cant keep his gob shut.I think we've all been quite understanding of that lately,blimey I even started a "Well done" thread on here yesterday.He shouldn't be a football manager if he cant take the rough with the smooth.Instead of joining with us in celebration he has to remind us that results wise we've been shit since the seasons start and we're all arseholes for being a bit dissapointed from time to time with his pathetic excuses.The club should gag him for at least 3 days after any result.I refer you to the infamous Wycombe win where he lost the dressing room straight after cos of his stupid gob.At least he cant say hes never been in the bottom 2 anymore like its some kind of achievement.Shut up Wayne,enjoy the good times you melt !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

leewilson wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Just listened to his latest interview after yesterdays awesome and massively unexpected win.

He is kind of right. Like you say, the biggest mistake he makes is actually publicly saying it as opposed to keeping it to himself but we all have different personalities and get agitated by different things. To be honest, I can empathise a bit with Wayne because this would also be my flaw if I was managing a club.
He may be factually correct in no-one saying that, but if he is expecting it to happen then he is very, very wrong. We have 5 points from 6 games. Getting one win does not entitle a manager to expect to be told he has done a fantastic job because he made some changes. If he manages a few wins, or decent performances in a row, then yes he probably does deserve to be told he's done well, but at the moment he certainly doesn't.
Mentioning changing the team isn't the brightest thin to do either - it may suggest that he hasn't been getting it right before that. And at least one change wasn't his choice.

What he doesn't seem to be able to realise if that he is his own worst enemy and that he should be trying to get supporters on side, not having a go at those that aren't massive fans of him every time he manages to get one decent result. All he is managing to do is further alienate those supporters.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dare say you will hear this line time and time again, just like he always at every opprtunity reminds us that some moran allegedly wished him dead after the Southport shambles last season.

Sadly i think there is a widening gap between the fans and the Manager that looks like it will never be brought back together.

As one of his biggest supporters i also know that the Arnu, Auntie Merge and Daggers4eva come from supporters who are the lifeblood of this Club, last home game we were down to 1300 and continued petty digs during interviews are not going to bring them back whatever results are.

Unlike a number on here i genuinely brleive the Man has talent but am fast coming to the conclusion that this Club needs a Manager who is able to interact with the supporters that are becoming fewer and fewer.

Ever since last years troubles we appear to be able to celebrate good results anymore without petty refrences to comments previously made by a minority.

All rather sad really
ARNU

Flattered by your comment Sussex but Ive only been around since 2008-9.Id agree Im definately a die hard these days though.

I'll be honest,i think we've all been rather understanding of his situation more so this season than ever,so to hear him moan on about a few muffled digs here and there ,after the fully deserved shite he had to endure last season and our poor start now is a bit of a shock really. I was his greatest fan,then I wanted his head on a plate along with everyone else but he did pull it round so Im back in team Wayne again.These comments wont endear him to anyone though,I hope he retracts them actually or at least recognises most of us are behind him still.You have to ask who'd put up with it at a more established club.His cv will read Whinger unless he sorts himself out.
dagger4eva

And just to clarify... the main change in question was to do with Cureton being left out.

I know we do have some planks amongst out support but I still dont think you'd find a single one who doesnt know JC can not and will not play every game and needs to be managed accordingly

To make the comment WB did here was just bemusing and pointless imo.
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:And just to clarify... the main change in question was to do with Cureton being left out.

I know we do have some planks amongst out support but I still dont think you'd find a single one who doesnt know JC can not and will not play every game and needs to be managed accordingly

To make the comment WB did here was just bemusing and pointless imo.
BTW fantastic and unexpected result Saturday, well done the lads.

Actually the change is no Boucard or Cureton. He have a striker who is in form and firing though, so like for like (when Jamie is on song), so...

And Wayne needs to grow a thicker skin, have said so many times. Stilly's "never to high, never too low" was true then and still is, but Burnett has never applied it.
IanC

Arnu said of WB further up he shouldnt be a manager if he cant take the rough with the smooth,well sorry the same applies to us fans,if we cant do the same then dont be a fan.Everybody knows how difficult it is for clubs like ours and the bull that comes off the terraces,especially from people who are clueless,well.It does my head in too so if he gonna have a little swipe now and again,then i aint got a problem with it.Regarding his connection with our small loyal fan base,one word.Helmond!
Adrian

IanC wrote:Arnu said of WB further up he shouldnt be a manager if he cant take the rough with the smooth,well sorry the same applies to us fans,if we cant do the same then dont be a fan.Everybody knows how difficult it is for clubs like ours and the bull that comes off the terraces,especially from people who are clueless,well.It does my head in too so if he gonna have a little swipe now and again,then i aint got a problem with it.Regarding his connection with our small loyal fan base,one word.Helmond!
Our support do take the rough with the smooth. If you really think paying customers shouldn't express a little displeasure then youre living in a dreamworld.
Burnett is a professional and should be able to cope with a little criticism, but he clearly can't.
ARNU

We take the rough with the even rougher and actually we keep coming back don't we ?

As for Helmond Arnu junior went on my behalf.
IanC

I know he did I stopped him falling out the portaloo on one occasion,as for a little displeasure if only.If it was only a little we wouldn't have this thread would we,I just feel there's people on here who just don't want the guy period.Shame cos he had a tough act to follow and he ain't done a bad job,like every year same as stilly did he has had to build when we've been cherry picked.And after a slow start I think it's pretty clear this team are starting to gel and I think we will comfortably finish halfway maybe more,and we gotta be happy with that.Just seems win or lose on here there's people always finding something to moan about,shame.
Auntie Merge

IanC wrote:Just seems win or lose on here there's people always finding something to moan about,shame.

Including Burnett himself moaning about the supporters.
dagger4eva

I actually tend to agree that the principle of never too high, never too low should apply both from both sides of the fence.
Many, me certainly included had got 'too low' during Dec/Jan last year - thats for sure.

In the main though, Wayne has had it easy in terms of stick from the support and more than anything I just thought this latest, random little dig was maybe just more bizarre than anything else.

Onwards & upwards and all that malarkey