Rhys Murphy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bearaab

Just gone on loan to Crawley for 3 months. Well done.
Mike the Dagger

“Rhys is 6ft 1in and not only is he good in the air he is also an excellent footballer with good movement and a physicality to his game which you need in League 2. He’s with us for three months and I’m confident he will make a good impression here if we c an get good service into him.”

Read more at http://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/artic ... CpW56J5.99
6ft 1in? Really?
SUSSEX DAGGER

good in the air ?

no doubt he is a good footballer but i always thought that was one area where he always lacked.
TheLion

Did he ever head a ball as a Dagger?

What a laugh. At least Crawley can finish below us now.
Lcbdagger

Did he not just score for the first time in forever at the wekend??? No idea where the heading comment has come from??
ARNU

Couldn't head, couldn't jump and therefore couldn't make it in league 1 said it all along,hence being asked to comment earlier in the thread LbcDagger.Another player that looked good at Daggers but got found out as soon as he left. Don't shoot the messenger !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:Couldn't head, couldn't jump and therefore couldn't make it in league 1 said it all along,hence being asked to comment earlier in the thread LbcDagger.Another player that looked good at Daggers but got found out as soon as he left. Don't shoot the messenger !
Haha not referring to you Arnu, but to the interview stated he was signed because he is "good in the air". Don't remember him winning a header in the time he had with us... prettyy sure he's been mostly injured at Oldham ever since he went.
bearaab

He was a good player for us, but only when the ball was on the floor or ahead of him. Heading is not his fortay.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Would imagine that this will become permanent in January.

Looks like the new Manager held the door open for him on the way in.

Loved him here and would take him back in a shot even though I was mightily disappointed in his last performance against Cheltenham when he looked like his head had been turned and the quickest he moved was to get off the pitch.
leewilson

I do think Curos efforts here have rendered Murphy's impact not as valuable to some. However, he was a very big player for us at a crucial time. We had lost Gayle and stayed up in League 2 by the skin of our teeth. Murphy did an excellent, if not better, job of replacing Gayle's impact for us the following season. When he got injured, he had 13 league goals for us. With about another 15 games to go, he was well on his way to being a 20 goal a season man. This is also despite being part of an all action attack. The likes of Hines, Elito and Ogogo were scoring pretty frequenly as well. He wasn't really the main sole hope of goals so to speak like Curo was for the first half of last season.

Whilst he has his weaknesses, his strengths were beneficial to a side like us and the way Wayne wanted to play. I don't think everybody realises/remembers quite what a good player he was for us.
TommyD&R

leewilson wrote:I do think Curos efforts here have rendered Murphy's impact not as valuable to some. However, he was a very big player for us at a crucial time. We had lost Gayle and stayed up in League 2 by the skin of our teeth. Murphy did an excellent, if not better, job of replacing Gayle's impact for us the following season. When he got injured, he had 13 league goals for us. With about another 15 games to go, he was well on his way to being a 20 goal a season man. This is also despite being part of an all action attack. The likes of Hines, Elito and Ogogo were scoring pretty frequenly as well. He wasn't really the main sole hope of goals so to speak like Curo was for the first half of last season.

Whilst he has his weaknesses, his strengths were beneficial to a side like us and the way Wayne wanted to play. I don't think everybody realises/remembers quite what a good player he was for us.
Spot on! I don't know why some people started talking like Murphy was shite when he first left
Diggerthedog

Spot on Lee, think people remember him as being injury prone. One of the better strikers we have seen here probably 4th best since we have been in the League
NickMurphy

In fairness to him as well, circumstances sold him short when he moved as well. About a week after he joined them, their manager at the time Lee Johnson, went to Barnsley. Not long after that I think he picked up an injury as well.

Surprised a team like Southend didn't take a punt. He can cut it in League One.
ARNU

I never said he was shite but I did say all along he couldn't jump or head the ball.Nothings changed in that respect.As said previously put the ball and the goal in front of him and he was fierce.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !