Official match thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Tranced

Boo hiss boo.
ARNU

I thought we did ok but I feel sorry for Bingham who took a nasty knock.Hope its not another long term injury looks like he could hardly walk on it.

Thought everyone pretty much played quite well tonight,my only moan is Dickson.Hasnt impressed me at all since being here.Just being Waynes mate should not get you in the team.The new lad from West Ham has it all to do as well.Did he even get a kick ?

1-1 away is always a good result.Overall quite happy.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Not a bad nights entertainment in South West London, especially a cracking second half, think we could have nicked it but found the tall guys of the Wombles a barrier to us going on and winning the game. But overall thought a one all was a fair result. Nice atmosphere in their two club bars and found their fans pretty good to get on with. Norbiton side of ground no good for a pub or two, but to be fair you could say the same about our manor. Bit worrying about Billy as this season has been one of our best players, hopefully wont go missing long. Thought Lewy was well of line for their goal, but did a cracking save second half to amend. Good atmosphere too but we were a bit cramped there eh boys!
ARNU

I set out with the intention of standing but the view was crap.Better view in the seats and was nice to jump up and down in the face of the wombles sitting right next to me when we scored.
NickMurphy

Happy with the point, although if I'm being really optimistic perhaps we were worthy of all three. Wimbledon weren't up to much in the first half which made it more disappointing when they scored with that agonising slow motion header.

Still, good second half, or at least the start of it for us, thought we faded away a bit about 10 minutes after we scored. Another cracking strike from Murphy, only slightly dampened by the injury to Billy which looked nasty. Considering we had to rejig and already rejigged side, I'll take the point.
TheLion

Following my thread about the next seven games, we have only gained one point from the first two away games, but this league is like no other league I have ever experienced. There is no stand out team.

If we can beat Wycombe on Saturday, then we are on schedule to hit my end of January target of being in touch with the leaders, when we will start a run of seven games with 5 at home.

I keep reading that Fleetwood (lost to Accrington), Rochdale (lost 4-0 at home) and others are the quality teams, but with a bit more sharpness in front of goal, we can push them and the others all the way.

Shame about Billy but Abu will be back on Saturday.

I also questioned Abu in midfield, but I feel that he has become the closest we have had to Stuart Thoragood, as a midfield bully that we have badly needed. Plus he scores goals.
HogansHeros

Good point but would have liked hines to bury that one when he hit the post. :)

Oh well bring on Wycombe
SUSSEX DAGGER

HogansHeros wrote:Good point but would have liked hines to bury that one when he hit the post. :)

Oh well bring on Wycombe
Firstly can I take this opportunity to thank all those Daggers fans who I have come to know for their kind words last night. Last Friday my Mother suffered a severe stroke. Having spent 4 nights at her bedside my Family insisted that I took a break from it all and take the boys to last nights game. The hospital being only 50 minutes drive away would enable me to do this and get back in time to spend the night with her. At half time we received the news that she had a relapse and a further Stroke had taken her from us. The kind words I received from fellow Daggers were of immense comfort to myself sons and nephew. Please can I thank everybody concerned for this.

Regarding last nights game and at Plymouth Saturday, we are only a width of a goal post from taking 4 points out of two away games. Saturday the ball hits a post and goes in ,last night we hit the post via the goalkeeper. If the ball spins the other way it looks like Rhys has a tap in. If anything sums up how close games in this league are being decided then these two incidents highlight it.

Thought all in all it was another good team performance and like Saturday we fell behind to a goal that is our opponents only attempt on our goal in the whole half. At nil nil I thought we were the ones looking most likely.

Unlike Saturday we at least turned up second half and our play that lead to Rhys goal I thought was very good. All in all draw looked fair but if it was a boxing match nobody could have complained if the judges had awarded us the contest on a narrow split decision.

Billys injury did not look good and the challenge on Zav in second half was horrendous , how it never drew any card from the ref only he can tell me. At that moment it looked like our season was unravelling in front of us but at least Zav got up and was able to run it off for a moment it did not look promising.

Win your home games and draw away games take you places. In our last three league away games I think we have been unlucky not to achieve this and for a width and effect of a couple sets of goal post we could have got much more.

Bring on Saturday where we must be confident given last nights effort.
Ilford Dagger

FAO - Sussex Daggers

Sorry to learn of your loss, may she rest in peace, at least she will not suffer any more. I hope you can come to terms with your loss in due course.
ARNU

Sorry to hear of your loss fella.May she rest in peace.
dagger4eva

Really sorry for your loss buddy, such a sad story!

Makes football so insignificant but if you are there saturday look forward to seeing u.