An Alternative View

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Been waiting to hear from the man himself but he seems to of gone rather quiet this week....

Fully expecting an absolute corker on BBC London tomorrow if we beat the Monkey Hangers! Hope Radio Stu has his hard hat at the ready :lol:
As i have said i would rather 150k was spent on the team then on sacking a poor bloke who is trying to make a silk purse out of sows ear. With a Club in our posistion that makes complete sense, if we spent 150k over the remsinder of his contract on Players i know he and the team would do a lot better
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Been waiting to hear from the man himself but he seems to of gone rather quiet this week....

Fully expecting an absolute corker on BBC London tomorrow if we beat the Monkey Hangers! Hope Radio Stu has his hard hat at the ready :lol:
As i have said i would rather 150k was spent on the team then on sacking a poor bloke who is trying to make a silk purse out of sows ear. With a Club in our posistion that makes complete sense, if we spent 150k over the remsinder of his contract on Players i know he and the team would do a lot better
We could have said goodbye for free in May and found someone who has a clue. The board members that voted to give Wayne another 2 year contract can chip in for the compensation. Based on the cost being £150k, it's about £21,500 each if they get him a decent leaving present as well.

How about
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

We could have said goodbye for free in May and found someone who has a clue. The board members that voted to give Wayne another 2 year contract can chip in for the compensation. Based on the cost being £150k, it's about £21,500 each if they get him a decent leaving present as well.

How about
suppose you would have picked one of those who have finished below him last two seasons or some other failure who is only free because they have proved to be errr useless
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
suppose you would have picked one of those who have finished below him last two seasons or some other failure who is only free because they have proved to be errr useless
The old ones are the best, better the idiot you know than take a risk!

How about installing Ruby or Kenny Brown as a caretaker and invite applications for the job?
BillyC94

DagenHammer87 wrote:Thanks for posting. Nice to hear good things do still happen around the club!

This isn't a dig; but did the events after the game as you've described make any difference in your opinions of Wayne?

Fingers crossed for Saturday.

No matter what's going on, or how bad the feeling is around the place; I still always hope come 5p.m we'll have picked up 3 points.
No worries, answer to your question; not really. He's a passionate guy who wears his heart on his sleeve a lot like myself, he is adamant he was not aggressive in his language and I'm sure his reaction was not unprovoked. Looking back on it, I'm sure he would reacted differently to avoid any bad press he has received but I'd much rather a passionate guy who cares about the club as oppose to someone where it's just "another job". Be nice if Wayne and the supporter in question could sit down and sort out their differences in a civilised manner at some point, an opportunity that is very much a possibility given the size of the club.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
BillyC94

Diggerthedog wrote:
BillyC94 wrote:I would have put my opinion at the end of the "Bye Bye Burnett" thread however I thought I'd start a new topic to freshen up the debate. I was one of the 7 Daggers fans who was offered a lift on the team coach to the ground on Saturday seen as the distance from Yeovil Junction to Huish Park is quite a considerable journey and taxi fare. It was Wayne personally who approached me and my friends having been on the same train as the players on the way down. We were also on the same train back as the players where Warren Hackett and Steve Thompson both presented us with two large dominos pizza's which sorted out dinner which was again a nice gesture. I think it is important this is mentioned considering this "toxic atmosphere" that many on here believe it exists between the club and supporters at the moment. We then travelled home with the players and staff where I shared a glass of wine with Wayne, Darren Currie, Warren Hackett and Steve Thompson. We spoke about the current mess we find ourselves in, in a civilised manner as oppose to the constant abusive tone that many supporters prefer to talk to members of the club with these days. I've spoke to Wayne and his staff socially on a few occasions and find you get a lot more out of it when you approach them with a calm approach as well as more honest answers than you get if you just call him a "w****r* or whatever other insults you like to throw at him.

Despite these courteous gestures, the facts are 1 win in 12 which we all know is just not good enough. However, after speaking to Wayne and his coaching staff, I can honestly say I trust that the all of the coaching staff and players to work as hard as they possibly can to put things right. Criticisms that the current players don't care is just bull, as I just can't see how professional footballers who in my opinion are in the most privileged profession in the world don't give it their all every single game. Another argument I have against these long rants against Wayne is the fact that many argue even when we were winning it was 'boring', we won 10 of our last 19 games scoring 31 goals a long the way, hardly boring in my opinion. Very memorable performances against Tranmere away, Plymouth, AFC Wimbledon and Accrington at home were among my favourite of last season under the man who is supposedly so 'clueless'. I'm not saying it's a guarantee Wayne will pull us out of this mess again however the suggestions that he is incapable of it surely contradicts his achievements of last season where he pulled us from being in the bottom two at Christmas to a 14th place finish.

Now onto what matters, this season. 1 win in 12, terrible start. I feel I'm in a good position to comment what's gone wrong having not missed a league game since March 2014 and not missed a game league or cup this season. The central midfield partnership of Ferdinand and Boucaud is not strong enough despite both being talented footballers individually, I honestly believe you'd see the central defensive partnership of Nyron and Ayo thrive with more protection rather than being under constant pressure. I'd maybe suggest a stronger central midfielder in on loan, maybe Sutherland is the answer but time will tell as he didn't get too long on Saturday. Although, being in charge for a considerable amount of time Wayne is still learning and is not a bad bloke despite the image a lot of supporters want to create on here. I did speak to him about the incident on Saturday which he is adamant he did not swear at the supporter in question, however speaking to a trusted older supporter who was closer to the incident claimed he did so I guess unless you were in close proximity to the incident, you'll never know. Had to laugh at those on twitter and on here who were calling for 'gross misconduct' despite not even being at the game and knowing none of the facts.

So to end this rant, I understand it is heavily biased towards Wayne however I believe someone has to stand up for the bloke who is just doomed with some fans who have the knives out for him whatever the result. One supporter I do hope sees this is the lad in the sieve with the distinctive voice which I'm sure irritates anyone who stands near the halfway line, all I hear is him constantly berate the players, Wayne and anyone associated with the club to be honest. How he calls himself a "supporter" is beyond me and he probably wants to look what the word means in the dictionary. I know, it's a long shot but can we at least try to support the team on Saturday in a very winnable game rather than maintain the 'toxic atmosphere' that is perceived by many supporters. I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say Wayne will get us out of this, if I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it and apologise on here for this rant. Anyway, debate away! *ducks for cover*
First thing I have never seen any approach the board or the manager after a game in an aggressive manner, it's seems your post suggest that anyone wants him out acts vile towards him this is not true. Yes the odd moron but that's it. I want him out but never once have voiced my opinion at a game during the 90 minutes to make it 'Toxic' something the current regime should be delighted with in the current climate of pantomime football and the atrocious shower of shit the keep serving up.

You mentioned that the players are trying yet theanager himself said this has not been the case on a few occasions.

You tweeted Wayne after the Mansfield game and asked for him to leave, now a deleted tweet and now this? Many in the for Wayne camp now at some point wanted him out at least the rest of us are not hypocrites.
You clearly have not been to enough games if you think the majority of our fans direct their criticism at the club officials and playing staff in a constructive non-aggressive manner. At the end of the day, there is a way of getting your point across and the way some individuals do it on the terrace is just not the way. Wayne said the players let him down once in the first half of the recent game at Barnet and that wasn't down to a lack of effort but more just a collection of players underperforming massively across the team. As for this supposed tweet, I can categorically say this never existed so can you please refrain from accusing me of something that never happened. I'm sure I didn't see you comment much when we won 10 in 19 at the back end of last season, that's what I'd say was fickle.

P.s: Please don't use "Chomp" as a reply as you do to Arnu. I'm only 21 years old but I'm sure you're a few years on me and making comments on a fans forum just to get people to "chomp" is quite frankly just immature.
BillyC94

Also nice to see a mature response to the debate from "daggers4eva" and "mikethedagger". I honestly believe the man who led us to 9th and 14th will come through for us again and if he doesn't I'll be the first to hold my hands up. As long as you get behind the team and don't have the knives out from the off, I have no problem with you being in the "Wayne out" camp. I know "Sussex" is still in the "Wayne In" camp, a good guy who I know personally and understands what the club is trying to do.
Diggerthedog

BillyC94 wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
BillyC94 wrote:I would have put my opinion at the end of the "Bye Bye Burnett" thread however I thought I'd start a new topic to freshen up the debate. I was one of the 7 Daggers fans who was offered a lift on the team coach to the ground on Saturday seen as the distance from Yeovil Junction to Huish Park is quite a considerable journey and taxi fare. It was Wayne personally who approached me and my friends having been on the same train as the players on the way down. We were also on the same train back as the players where Warren Hackett and Steve Thompson both presented us with two large dominos pizza's which sorted out dinner which was again a nice gesture. I think it is important this is mentioned considering this "toxic atmosphere" that many on here believe it exists between the club and supporters at the moment. We then travelled home with the players and staff where I shared a glass of wine with Wayne, Darren Currie, Warren Hackett and Steve Thompson. We spoke about the current mess we find ourselves in, in a civilised manner as oppose to the constant abusive tone that many supporters prefer to talk to members of the club with these days. I've spoke to Wayne and his staff socially on a few occasions and find you get a lot more out of it when you approach them with a calm approach as well as more honest answers than you get if you just call him a "w****r* or whatever other insults you like to throw at him.

Despite these courteous gestures, the facts are 1 win in 12 which we all know is just not good enough. However, after speaking to Wayne and his coaching staff, I can honestly say I trust that the all of the coaching staff and players to work as hard as they possibly can to put things right. Criticisms that the current players don't care is just bull, as I just can't see how professional footballers who in my opinion are in the most privileged profession in the world don't give it their all every single game. Another argument I have against these long rants against Wayne is the fact that many argue even when we were winning it was 'boring', we won 10 of our last 19 games scoring 31 goals a long the way, hardly boring in my opinion. Very memorable performances against Tranmere away, Plymouth, AFC Wimbledon and Accrington at home were among my favourite of last season under the man who is supposedly so 'clueless'. I'm not saying it's a guarantee Wayne will pull us out of this mess again however the suggestions that he is incapable of it surely contradicts his achievements of last season where he pulled us from being in the bottom two at Christmas to a 14th place finish.

Now onto what matters, this season. 1 win in 12, terrible start. I feel I'm in a good position to comment what's gone wrong having not missed a league game since March 2014 and not missed a game league or cup this season. The central midfield partnership of Ferdinand and Boucaud is not strong enough despite both being talented footballers individually, I honestly believe you'd see the central defensive partnership of Nyron and Ayo thrive with more protection rather than being under constant pressure. I'd maybe suggest a stronger central midfielder in on loan, maybe Sutherland is the answer but time will tell as he didn't get too long on Saturday. Although, being in charge for a considerable amount of time Wayne is still learning and is not a bad bloke despite the image a lot of supporters want to create on here. I did speak to him about the incident on Saturday which he is adamant he did not swear at the supporter in question, however speaking to a trusted older supporter who was closer to the incident claimed he did so I guess unless you were in close proximity to the incident, you'll never know. Had to laugh at those on twitter and on here who were calling for 'gross misconduct' despite not even being at the game and knowing none of the facts.

So to end this rant, I understand it is heavily biased towards Wayne however I believe someone has to stand up for the bloke who is just doomed with some fans who have the knives out for him whatever the result. One supporter I do hope sees this is the lad in the sieve with the distinctive voice which I'm sure irritates anyone who stands near the halfway line, all I hear is him constantly berate the players, Wayne and anyone associated with the club to be honest. How he calls himself a "supporter" is beyond me and he probably wants to look what the word means in the dictionary. I know, it's a long shot but can we at least try to support the team on Saturday in a very winnable game rather than maintain the 'toxic atmosphere' that is perceived by many supporters. I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say Wayne will get us out of this, if I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it and apologise on here for this rant. Anyway, debate away! *ducks for cover*
First thing I have never seen any approach the board or the manager after a game in an aggressive manner, it's seems your post suggest that anyone wants him out acts vile towards him this is not true. Yes the odd moron but that's it. I want him out but never once have voiced my opinion at a game during the 90 minutes to make it 'Toxic' something the current regime should be delighted with in the current climate of pantomime football and the atrocious shower of shit the keep serving up.

You mentioned that the players are trying yet theanager himself said this has not been the case on a few occasions.

You tweeted Wayne after the Mansfield game and asked for him to leave, now a deleted tweet and now this? Many in the for Wayne camp now at some point wanted him out at least the rest of us are not hypocrites.
You clearly have not been to enough games if you think the majority of our fans direct their criticism at the club officials and playing staff in a constructive non-aggressive manner. At the end of the day, there is a way of getting your point across and the way some individuals do it on the terrace is just not the way. Wayne said the players let him down once in the first half of the recent game at Barnet and that wasn't down to a lack of effort but more just a collection of players underperforming massively across the team. As for this supposed tweet, I can categorically say this never existed so can you please refrain from accusing me of something that never happened. I'm sure I didn't see you comment much when we won 10 in 19 at the back end of last season, that's what I'd say was fickle.

P.s: Please don't use "Chomp" as a reply as you do to Arnu. I'm only 21 years old but I'm sure you're a few years on me and making comments on a fans forum just to get people to "chomp" is quite frankly just immature.
Chomp
Adrian

BillyC94 wrote:Also nice to see a mature response to the debate from "daggers4eva" and "mikethedagger". I honestly believe the man who led us to 9th and 14th will come through for us again and if he doesn't I'll be the first to hold my hands up. As long as you get behind the team and don't have the knives out from the off, I have no problem with you being in the "Wayne out" camp. I know "Sussex" is still in the "Wayne In" camp, a good guy who I know personally and understands what the club is trying to do.
See, that's one of the problems with the "Wayne In" camp - they keep mentioning league positions and how we won't be relegated, but seem to think that makes one of the key issues that is complete lack of entertainment in home games okay.

I don't get you're point about knives out from the off. We've put up with a large amount of utter rubbish for over two years and no-one had knives out from the off. The number of really good homes I've seen since Burnett took over can be counted on one had - Rochdale and Burton in his first season, and then I struggle to think of anything that was more entertaining than the Scunthorpe game where the biggest contributor to entertainment was the freak weather.
I've said it before on here, I watched us relegated from the Conference and the games that season were more entertaining than the vast majority of the last two years.
ARNU

We had utter rubbish from John Still following relegation from lg 1 too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

Yes we did arnu and you wanted still sacked
but we finished 9th!
SUSSEX DAGGER

observing this debate i suppose alot of it comes down to what your ecpectations are.

By choseing to support a Team that cost me on average about £15 a game i know from the outset i am only going to get players who are not going to be the very best in their chosen profession. That is going to be exacerbated even further when the Club of the size i choose to support is the size of what it is.

When you start with that perception then you then have to adjust what your expectations of being entertained amounts to. Its a bit like watching a West End Production and then comparing it to the Local Operatic Society efforts . You know from the outset that the quality is not going to be the same .

Last weeks disappointment in a perverse way was to me entertaining. It was entertaining because of the quality of the participents and the excitement i got out of it was you never knew for certain which way it was
going to go .Any of the partcipents were more likely to make a mistake to effect the outcome then do anything exceptional .

One of the most entertaining games i have seen in the last couple of years was the away gane at Bury season before last. From the outset i knew i was not going to be watching Barcelona and accepted that but i left Gigg Lane at the end of that game applauding both teams who altho obviously not the most talented served up what i thought was a cracking game . The weather played a big part but both teams gave it everything and
for the sum of the parts to me it equaled great entertainment.

Yes like everybody i get frustrated and kick off when results dont go right but i must be getting something out of it because i keep putting myself through it week after week,as most do who post on here.

So for the price of the product i know from the outset what i am going to get but still think i am more often then not entertained.

To me however supporting the Daggers is more then the game , exchanging views and banter, socialising with Some great People is all part of it, so when i add it all up the £15 remains great value to me for what i get out of it.

Every week i turn up knowing a bad day at the Daggers is still better then any good day i have had at work
Adrian

ARNU wrote:We had utter rubbish from John Still following relegation from lg 1 too.
Results wise we did, but entertainment wise I can't say I ever found that time to be as utterly boring as I have large parts of the last two and a bit seasons..
ARNU

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:We had utter rubbish from John Still following relegation from lg 1 too.
Results wise we did, but entertainment wise I can't say I ever found that time to be as utterly boring as I have large parts of the last two and a bit seasons..
It was dire Adrian,even if I accept fully that John Still was a better manager of men, that constant hoof into touch and Tomlin,Baz Savage and totally past it Mark Arber was an awful spectacle.Then the excuses wheeled out game after game.I've not felt like that since Still left.Came close a few times I grant you but its not worse yet.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
OBD

The man could hand make me a calzone and feed me strawberries, this is getting beyond a joke.
@OfficialBigDave