Waynes Meltdown.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So as we leave the ground WB has a right old shout up at the players and storms off.I get in my car and listen to the aftermatch interview and WB says we were pathetic today.Absolutely done his bollocks saying Wycombe were better than us with 10 men.A very passionate rant (I like a bit of passion me) but Im not really sure what his problem was.The only gripes I had today were maybe that we passed the ball backwards from a couple of corners and a free kick other than that I was happy with what I saw And Im a ****** moaner innit ??

Saunders made some excellent cross field balls today,Im struggling to see what the problem was with the team.We certainly weren't pathetic.I think he ws a bit OTT with that comment on the radio and should have kept it in the dressing room and in house.Still, I like the passion of the man.I cant pick a player out who played badly can you ?? A couple of misplaced passes by a few but nothing too terrible.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

I wouldnt say we were pathetic but it really wasnt a great performance by any stretch of the imagination.

Couldnt keep any hold / control over the ball, barely threatened their goal at all and with 10 men (rather harshly??) Wycombe out passed and out played us - which considering they are really no great shakes was disappointing.

Sign of a good team is one that plays badly and winsand l think that best sums up today perfectly.

As for if he should be keeping his rants in house? Certainly not... the players are all grown men and l think should be able to take the criticism on the chin no problem.

Most disappointing thing for me today were 1) the rather lame 'presentation' to Dave Andrews & 2) the crowd. Under 1300 home fans for a club just 4 points off the top of League 2. That really is something to be classed as 'pathetic'.
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote: Under 1300 home fans for a club just 4 points off the top of League 2. That really is something to be classed as 'pathetic'.
You cant blame us, the ones that turned up.WestHam were at home today might have had some effect.I had 2 tickets for the hammers today that I gave away.(My fault in the 1st place,got the dates wrong).

I don't subscribe to the notion that because a team goes down to 10 men we should murder them though.Look at the Southend away game this season,Southend were crap with 11 men the sending off turned them into Barcelona for the rest of the game.Same with Wycombe today,they stepped up a gear with the 10 men.I didn't see any of our players slacking,I think Wayne was a bit harsh.We've played far worse and won...Bury at home springs to mind.
dagger4eva

I also meant to mention the 'atmosphere' ... fine if only 1300 turn up, it actually usually makes for a better atmosphere. But if the emirates is compared to a library then today our ground resembled the west & coe mortuary.

At any other ground, the home team goes 2-0 and a man up early 2nd half and the crowd lap it up and cheer the team home on. Not us though, moan ******** moan... get it forward, quicker, sort it out wayne bla bla blah.

Glad we have a week off now, recharge the batteries and go again at Oxford. Tough game but if we can turn up l fancy a positive result
ARNU

Well I hope WB dosent lose the dressing room with his rant on the radio.I still don't think we were anywhere near pathetic.Naive at times like in every game but nowhere near the shite John Still served up for the last 3 years.A 2-0 home win and a clean sheet,Id take that every week.Its not long ago they'd have lost 2-3.

Im WB's biggest fan and Im glad he's got that passion but I reckon after a nights kip he'll maybe reflect a little after this.We scored 3 times and never looked like conceding.
FullMetalDagger

dagger4eva wrote:I also meant to mention the 'atmosphere' ... fine if only 1300 turn up, it actually usually makes for a better atmosphere. But if the emirates is compared to a library then today our ground resembled the west & coe mortuary.

At any other ground, the home team goes 2-0 and a man up early 2nd half and the crowd lap it up and cheer the team home on. Not us though, moan ******** moan... get it forward, quicker, sort it out wayne bla bla blah.
^this
leewilson

I thought once we went 2-0 up we coasted for the rest of the 2nd half and didn't look to kill the game off. I actually completely agree with Wayne for bollocking the players and was hoping as I left that he did. We have some very good players here but it's almost as if they thought the game was dead at 2-0, switched off and went into play at 70% mode. Wycombe were unlucky not to get one back really and if they had done, we would have probably got nervous.

If the players buy into Wayne's methods, and it clearly looks as though they do, then they will know he has certain standards. Nothing wrong with keeping the players on their toes in my opinion.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:I thought once we went 2-0 up we coasted for the rest of the 2nd half and didn't look to kill the game off. I actually completely agree with Wayne for bollocking the players and was hoping as I left that he did. We have some very good players here but it's almost as if they thought the game was dead at 2-0, switched off and went into play at 70% mode. Wycombe were unlucky not to get one back really and if they had done, we would have probably got nervous.

If the players buy into Wayne's methods, and it clearly looks as though they do, then they will know he has certain standards. Nothing wrong with keeping the players on their toes in my opinion.
All for keeping the players on their toes,just didn't think that we were "pathetic".We all know only too well what pathetic looks like over at Viccy Road dont we.A game normally is killed off at 2-0,I wouldn't say we sat back at all but maybe eased off a bit,and if we had conceded then Id understand as its a habit we've got isnt it.But given that we are Dagenham Id have been more than happy to just shut up shop to preserve the win.We did win by the way.
speedy

Personally i tend to agree with Lee. I thought we were woeful during the last 15 mins of the first half, we just kept inviting them on, just hoofing it out of defence, the ball was like a hot potato for us.when we did try to hit them on the counter attack we just kept making the wrong decisions with the final ball.
Mikins

Ha! What a difference a few months makes. Who'd have thought we'd be disappointed in victory after the last couple of seasons? ^_^
Sorry about your damn luck!
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:I thought once we went 2-0 up we coasted for the rest of the 2nd half and didn't look to kill the game off. I actually completely agree with Wayne for bollocking the players and was hoping as I left that he did. We have some very good players here but it's almost as if they thought the game was dead at 2-0, switched off and went into play at 70% mode. Wycombe were unlucky not to get one back really and if they had done, we would have probably got nervous.

All for keeping the players on their toes,just didn't think that we were "pathetic".We all know only too well what pathetic looks like over at Viccy Road dont we.A game normally is killed off at 2-0,I wouldn't say we sat back at all but maybe eased off a bit,and if we had conceded then Id understand as its a habit we've got isnt it.But given that we are Dagenham Id have been more than happy to just shut up shop to preserve the win.We did win by the way.
I wouldn't take the word 'pathetic' as literally. He's still in the heat of the moment after the game and we clearly weren't 'pathetic' overall. But I do agree that our performance for large parts wasn't good enough. Very scrappy game with both teams going direct until we scored. After that, we somehow hung on until half time and then found ourselves 2 up 2 minutes into the 2nd half. From there on in, we were always going to have space on the counter attack which probably made us look a bit better than we were as the likes of Hines, Elito and Femi could run with the ball and get the crowd anticipating. But overall, we hardly tested their keeper 2nd half bar the goal despite having ten men. I think it's great that we're getting more comfortable in passing the ball but there is such thing as overplaying and we were lucky to keep a clean sheet today. I'm delighted we won by the way and I came away from the game chuffed with the points. But I think a bit of honesty that we weren't that good in truth today is fair enough.
leewilson

Also, having seen the tackle for the penalty again, it looks like he goes through the man. Good decision ref!
matt_drfc

It's been said, but it really is pleasing when we play bad and win 2-0. I'd take that any day for sure, but it just goes to show the standards set and ambition of Burnett and Co. Nice 2 week break for the players now with a testing Christmas period coming up! Will be delighted if we're still in the top half at 5pm on New Year's Day.
TheLion

The question Wayne should ask himself is why he took so long to substitute Femi2, who was plainly limping after he went to ground injured before half time.

While he stayed on the pitch we effectively played with 10 men.

The period just before half time was so poor it was almost comical which culminated in Lewy spilling a shot straight at him.

Anyway, another three points, a clean sheet and still in touch.

ps. The quality of Saunder's cross field passes was sublime.
Daggers No 2 Fan

I didn't get to the game yesterday, but was told by someone who was that it wasn't very good.

I'm intrigued by the comment that we never looked like conceding. Having watched the highlights, they had one disallowed and hit the post as well.