Waynes Meltdown.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Masked Man

Worst performance I've seen for a while. A boring game to watch. And only 1 attempt on goal in the entire first half!! But.... WE BURIED IT!!

That's the difference this season, we are finishing attempts that last season would have reached Row Z.

It's great to be able to moan about a win!! :lol:
redboy

Pathetic no, although prior to half time was the worse ten minutes I've seen us play since the Hereford debacle. Ok, we rode our luck and on another day we would have lost and could have no complaints. But that's football, we'll play a lot better than that and lose, so lets tuck away the 3 points and move on. On the positive side, first goal was a sublime move and a tidy finish. Matty Saunders, once he settled into it delivered some delightful crossfield passes and showed great composure on the ball. And finally, good to see Lady Luck wearing a Daggers shirt for once.
Phippo

redboy wrote:Pathetic no, although prior to half time was the worse ten minutes I've seen us play since the Hereford debacle. Ok, we rode our luck and on another day we would have lost and could have no complaints. But that's football, we'll play a lot better than that and lose, so lets tuck away the 3 points and move on. On the positive side, first goal was a sublime move and a tidy finish. Matty Saunders, once he settled into it delivered some delightful crossfield passes and showed great composure on the ball. And finally, good to see Lady Luck wearing a Daggers shirt for once.
Spot on redboy, especially the last few minutes of the first half (probably the worst I've seen in many years, if not ever)!
shoreyda2nd

Why were sections of the crowd so insistent on us getting the ball forward quickly whilst 2-0 up against 10 men?

We finally have a team which is comfortable in possession, and looked quite happy to play a bit of keep ball and kill the game that way. Instead the likes of Femi and Luke get shouted at to push forward, and then people wonder why we nearly conceded at the other end when our players were out of position defensively.

The word naive has been used a few times with this young side, yesterday they seemed to use their heads a bit, thinking If Rhys, Zavon etc can get a 3rd goal then great, but let's not over commit and leave gaps at the back.. If one of their late counter attacks led to a goal due to Femi or Gav being up at the wrong end would you have been so insistent on them pushing forwards?
ARNU

shoreyda2nd wrote:Why were sections of the crowd so insistent on us getting the ball forward quickly whilst 2-0 up against 10 men?

We finally have a team which is comfortable in possession, and looked quite happy to play a bit of keep ball and kill the game that way. Instead the likes of Femi and Luke get shouted at to push forward, and then people wonder why we nearly conceded at the other end when our players were out of position defensively.

The word naive has been used a few times with this young side, yesterday they seemed to use their heads a bit, thinking If Rhys, Zavon etc can get a 3rd goal then great, but let's not over commit and leave gaps at the back.. If one of their late counter attacks led to a goal due to Femi or Gav being up at the wrong end would you have been so insistent on them pushing forwards?
My naivety comment was not referring to us keeping the ball and playing it about.I agree with everything you say here shorey,so that's why Im slightly miffed as to why Wayne said pathetic so publicly.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

If worst we have played all season is being branded about by the Manager then I guess he must have been asleep at Mansfield and second half at Plymouth.

Our ball retention was poor against 11 and got no better when they went down to ten but even so it was still miles better then on those two occasions. Its ok playing expansive football but a goal at anytime yesterday by them and nerves would have started to play a part.

Our first goal yesterday was a magnificent team goal and was worthy of winning any match if that was going to be the only goal.

Thought Saunders contribution was very good and looks like he can step into the role that Billy B has occupied recently.

OK we have played better but we have also played a dam lot worse. Yesterday was the type of game we were not winning last season and even losing.

Despite not being at our best I left happy and felt that I had also been entertained. Saw a magnificent goal some, wonderful skill from Zav and a good display in the art of defending (a big part of any team)
Chigwellian

Is our manager 2 faced?

I quite clearly heard him on Radio London slagging off the players... then today in the Mail on Sunday, he praises the players and says how pleased
he was with the way we played.

Now is Wayne 2 faced or did the Mail make up such a blatant lie..... And I know which one I think is correct
SUSSEX DAGGER

Chigwellian wrote:Is our manager 2 faced?

I quite clearly heard him on Radio London slagging off the players... then today in the Mail on Sunday, he praises the players and says how pleased
he was with the way we played.

Now is Wayne 2 faced or did the Mail make up such a blatant lie..... And I know which one I think is correct
Found it strange myself . When you look at report on Sky Sports website its nothing like the radio interview he has given.
ARNU

I watched the full highlights on Daggers player 3 times now and I still cant see what WB's problem is/was.I say it again,I left happy as Larry having watched a home win where we scored 3 times (1 disallowed),Lewy pulled off 2 or 3 decent saves and the commentator praised our defensive performance.At the end we were passing it about and shouting out "Olay" with every kick.Since when did going down to 10 men ever guarantee an avalanche.Its well known that teams try that much harder when they lose a man and I cant point to any 1 player that didn't get stuck in yesterday.Im glad WB has very high standards its what Ive bleated on about us needing for ages.I just cant see where pathetic comes into it.I bet he apologises for his heat of the moment loss of temper,I think he should,cos as one of our harshest critics I cant see it.
ARNU

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11750/9051542/

Definitely not what he said on Radio London.
matt_drfc

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_3062300

Never seen such contradictory articles
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_3062300

Having read the Sky and Dagenham post articles, it seems to me that they are about slightly different things.
The Sky article is more focussed on the result, while the Post article is about the performance.

Surely WB can be disappointed about the performance while also being happy with the result? Not really contradictory to do that is it?

This whole t
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_3062300

Having read the Sky and Dagenham post articles, it seems to me that they are about slightly different things.
The Sky article is more focussed on the result, while the Post article is about the performance.

Surely WB can be disappointed about the performance while also being happy with the result? Not really contradictory to do that is it?

A large part of this thread strikes me as some people not having anything to complain about so desperately searching for something.
Masked Man

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote: A large part of this thread strikes me as some people not having anything to complain about so desperately searching for something.
Hehehehe :evil:

Also, Managers are human and are allowed to change their minds once they've cooled down. It's probably not the best thing to spout off whilst in heat, but I'm certainly not pissed off to see a manager critisise and want better....
ARNU

Blimey I agree with the masked man :o ...................(BANG>THUD..aaaah!!)