Kane Ferdinand - obviously not interested in playing for us

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
jag

I totally agree about Kane, he is frightened to head the ball in a challenge ( I'm not sure he knew about the goal he headed recently) very light weight and gets knocked off the ball to easily, his body language says it all he looks clueless at this level, why does Wayne keep playing him ?
lupins

I am already regretting replying as it keeps the thread going and as someone above pointed out the relentless attacks on certain players are becoming totally tedious. I rarely venture onto the Forum lately. Once you see certain posters names on show you know what the content will be and how it will be directed. Its become a place lacking in humour, objectivity and lots more.
In fact when I see various diatribes against players etc I usually think you could just as easily be talking about the posters on the Forum.
For what its worth I don't think Kane Ferdinand is remotely as described (Bibby anyone) and if you watched he does in fact never hide and gives plenty of effort. You may not like the outcome but that's opinions

My solution currently, we aren't the best team so we need to change our game and play like a non league side against a League Team. That's not hoofing its pressing and making life uncomfortable for teams in a way we aren't currently doing.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Reg Varneys wife wrote:
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:I think in the 2 games I've seen this year, he played alright against Newport and you can't blame him for having to do all of Bouchard's running in every game. 'Definitely the worst player in 40 years' give him a break, he's miles better than Porter was
So you've seen 2 games, lucky you. Some of us have seen them all that's when you can make a judgement. NOT WHEN YOU'VE SEEN TWO.
That's put me in my place.
Diggerthedog

Watch Ferdinand for the first goal yesterday absolutely terrible, half a jog and not even an effort to get near the guy for the shot/cross.
mickeyblue

its not just ferdinand tho is it?
barring the two centre backs we dont have any committed to any sort of challenge throughout the team, that is a lack of effort and desire to win football matches.
we give every team barring a second half against some crap ive erased from my brain cell, we give players time on the ball which is something you cannot do.

take hartlepools goal saturday, there striker stops a bouncing ball going out for throw, turns around has 2 touches before passing backwards, player receives ball takes a touch or 2 , then hits a hopefull punt into a lump uptop. tbh leaving CB with a hard job there as he a handfull and scored bundles of goals like it.

nosworthy gets blame for goal when there should of been two challenges stopping there attack before the header. i honestly donot think we would beat a committed sunday football side.

im with the minority on ferdinand and think he does try but is not what we need atm, pretty sure he do much better as a no10 behind a cureton/doidge.
but we finished 9th!
dagger4eva

Just seen the goals too...

1st is criminal - ball played through the middle of our park into a York player who quite literally has all the time in the world to run straight through, unchallenged towards the area to lash at a shot which then gets turned in, again completely un-challenged by his team mate.

2nd goal was a decent(ish) bit of build up play but the final shot certainly wasn't hit with any venom and Cousins absolutely should be saving it, from that kind of distance!
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Just seen the goals too...

1st is criminal - ball played through the middle of our park into a York player who quite literally has all the time in the world to run straight through, unchallenged towards the area to lash at a shot which then gets turned in, again completely un-challenged by his team mate.

2nd goal was a decent(ish) bit of build up play but the final shot certainly wasn't hit with any venom and Cousins absolutely should be saving it, from that kind of distance!

Jesus we are now blaming players who are not even on the pitch for goals we are letting in!

Surpose he is to blame in a way cos if he had not been droped for the past two months he may have saved it
if he had been in goal
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

Jesus we are now blaming players who are not even on the pitch for goals we are letting in!

Surpose he is to blame in a way cos if he had not been droped for the past two months he may have saved it
if he had been in goal
Does it really matter which keeper it was - either way they should have saved it.
Good job you didn't spend most of last season calling the keeper who did let it in a clown though...
ARNU

Kane Ferdinand has played 32 games in the championship for Peterborough.He has a good lg1 and lg 2 appearance record too but if im being totally fair Id say hes done nothing in a Daggers shirt that convinces me he should be a first choice for the Daggers starting line up.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

if he had been in goal
Does it really matter which keeper it was - either way they should have saved it.
Good job you didn't spend most of last season calling the keeper who did let it in a clown though...
Just looked at it and I have to agree that it does look a bit soft, sad really that after travelling all that way I have to rely on a replay to see what happened, that's another argument.

Yes I was harsh on Liam O'Brien but nobody can argue he has looked a far better Goalkeeper this season then what he did last and he has without doubt vastly improved and was starting to show his true capabilities.

Just a shame that in the last couple of away games goals have gone past him that don't look good and have cost us four valuable points. At this juncture it also has to be said in his defence if we had done better in the other penalty area then the big error at Yeovil and last nights disappointing goal should have been irrelevant.

In the few moments we saw Mark Cousins last night we saw the best and his frailties. The save I referred to is to me a good save given the context of how he ended up on the pitch with only 8 minutes left. The concern still remains his kicking, there was a couple of kicks he took last night where it appeared to just plop into the last third of our half .

It will be interesting to see who gets the nod Saturday if the injury that forced the change clears up which becomes even more so when it is recalled the fantastic display that Mark Cousins put on at Accrington last season .