We Would not Would We

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Wayne is not the only one unde pressure tonight,looking at their forum Luton have had enough of John Still.

Must be the luckiest Manager in the whole pyramid to be under pressure with your next game away to the worst team in the Country. Just imagine if we did pull it off on Sunday Week could it be us that costs the great man his job.

If we did what's the likelyhood of him coming back here ?

Any Takers
Diggerthedog

Anyone but the current clown.
IanC

You could be on to something there Sussex,me and the boy were talking the same thing earlier today even before the game,if they sack him get him in til rest of season and move Wayne sideways,cos we still prob couldn't sack him.But I'm guessing pride would make him walk then,me personally I think it's time for someone/something fresh.
ARNU

Sounds like constructive dismissal to me Ian.Daggers would have to pay him off(WB).
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

It'd be the 1st constructive thing WB wouldve done in some time!
IanC

Yeah Arnu spot on mate just hoping no one noticed that,lol.Great post Paul had to laugh,enjoy your night in burnley that place is gonna rock tonight!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Sounds like constructive dismissal to me Ian.Daggers would have to pay him off(WB).
but is it ? any buussiness surely has the right to look after its interest and a move sidewAys is hardly a sacking. Looking at the poor chap today you could argue that the Club were concearned for his health and acted on his best interest.

Anyhow if the situation did arise I don't want anybody sacked ,I want the best for my Team and I would hope that Wayne would embracethe idea and play a big part in saving us .
Kevin

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Anyhow if the situation did arise I don't want anybody sacked ,I want the best for my Team and I would hope that Wayne would embracethe idea and play a big part in saving us .
This is a great idea..I think we should accumulate new managers, whilst keeping all the old ones from over the years.

That way they could all prepare for the match with a nice group cuddle, a cup of hot chocolate & a story about pretty butterflies.
ARNU

Im sure football clubs have to adhere to the same employment rules as any other business in the land.He has a contract and if the club want to release him from it/sack him I am sure they would have to pay him off every outstanding penny.Both parties agreed a fee and conditions at the outset and Im sure one of the conditions wasn't for the club to be able to bring in another manager to work alongside WB if they felt like it.Im a bit rusty on constructive dismissal but Im sure this action would be a perfect example of it.

Anyway,nobody has come up with any sensible ideas for a replacement or where this replacement will get the funds from to out some of the tossers we have playing for us (Who also have contracts) although I think Mourinho might need a job some time soon so he might just rock up with Paul Ince to sort it all out.

Wayne will keep us up.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
OBD

ARNU wrote:Wayne will keep us up.
I smell a wager...
@OfficialBigDave
Grimsweeper

Football manager appears to be the only job you can be hopeless at yet still have your contract paid up if your employers should want rid of you.

At what point can you say "you're not doing your job , bye"

1 in 14?

1 in 15?

1 in half a season?
admin
Site Admin

Grimsweeper wrote:Football manager appears to be the only job you can be hopeless at yet still have your contract paid up if your employers should want rid of you.

At what point can you say "you're not doing your job , bye"

1 in 14?

1 in 15?

1 in half a season?
That is true, would we have to pay him off. Plenty of people get sacked from all sorts of jobs and don't get paid off like that. Would like some clarification on this as I don't fully understand it
davei

Unless otherwise stated in his contract, I believe an option open to the club is to relieve him of his duties and continue to pay him his weekly wage until such time that he finds other employment at the same or less of a wage (most likely less). At that point, the negotiations would begin re making up the difference between what he was earning at D & R and the lessor wage he would be receiving.

Taking in to account for Wayne the tax implications a lump sum payout brings with it, It would allow the club to take less of a big financial hit all at once, while also allowing for the hiring of other managers/coaches who hopefully would draw increased crowds and thus increased revenues to offset additional weekly salaries being paid out.

Of course, should Wayne find no other employment, well who was it that signed him up for 2 years................
TheLion

My garden leave idea is growing on me. But seriously, just imagine if we had another manager by next weekend? The buzz would be back, me and many others would return, and we might just survive!

Thommo , if you are reading FFS act!!!!!!!!!