The morning after...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

That was still as bad & hopeless as it seemed & felt 12-13 hrs ago..

I gotta add to my previous comments that all my feelings aside for Wayne, Sussex is bang on the money with something in particular.

Wayne CANT be wholly & solely blamed for the downright refusal of 9 out of the 12-13 'players' we had on that pitch yesterday to give their absolute all.
I know full well he brought them to the club, he trains them, he selects & organises them and he is meant to motivate them BUT if they just are not interested in giving a flying ****** then what is he to do!?

Wayne says he never publicaly criticises his players and ok he's only trying to protect them but after yesterday, that's exactly the kind of display that does need his public addressing.

That was NOT a team giving their all for their manager, fans & club

That was NOT a team fighting against relegation

That was NOT a team, full stop!

I take Coleman's words on board urging us to give Wayne a bit more time & in other circumstances I may previously of agreed. Unfortunately, despite only being 15 games in to the season, time is one thing we are running out of as each next winless game ticks by...

:(
SUSSEX DAGGER

Hope you all had a good night out in Burnley, if that is possiable .

I spent the whole journey home reflecting in what we saw mate and I don't think I have ever seen such a compitulation as we saw yesterday afternoon.

Three goals all from. Corners and the first two were an absolute joke.The first we had a throw in and somehow we give the ball away ,the ball flashes across our box and any call may have prevented Passley ftom putting it behind for what I said to you looked another needless corner.

The second comes from a corner to us in the first instance and somehow we are defending one down the other end of the pitch within seconds.

We stood behind the goal yesterday and saw the two teams , when we were defending our end you heard nobody talking and nobody taking charge. What a difference second half Accrington had a leader in their Centre half who you heard bark the orders and get everybody organised.

We played a team yesterday who had gone for 4 goals only days earlier , who has a makeshift defence yet we never had a shot on them first half.

Hours later I am still hurting , I saw my team die yesterday.

I don't care who is in charge , we are going down with this lot . We have no hope when the Players we entrust just do not care enough and that appears to be the case over all areas of the pitch.
ARNU

My son said that during the match he and others watched a game from the stand they were in going on outside the ground in which the players showed more fight and spirit than our lot.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

Players? Chosen and signed by Burnett.

Tactics? Burnett.

Motivation? Burnett.

We change now or we give it up and plan for the conference.
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote: We change now or we give it up and plan for the conference.
You could argue that that's happening already.We have members on here wishing us to lose 10-0 just to get rid of WB.(And they want me to have my head tested !!)There's also a small faction on here that yearn for the old days where players and fans all went up the pub and all jumped in the bath together etc...Wont happen,we'll just go down and down,which will be soul destroying for a spectator who will more than likely bail out soon and get an ST at West Ham for Champions league footy next year at the OS for a similar price to a Daggers one instead.

For me the club need a direction,a purpose and a desire to finish higher than 22nd each year coming from the very top.The lack of that is what is killing the club,not Wayne Burnett.All these stay away armchair supporters who've ****** off (Quite rightly) they'd had enough way before WB took over.

Whoever is in charge right now will have the same tight constraints,will have to find a gem of a player to sell every year just to make ends meet and face diminishing attendances,which will impact on funds.If they are unhappy now Im sure this will be the end for them if they get their wishes right now,and finally,again,no credible suggestion for a replacement.
Mike the Dagger

No credible suggestion for a replacement is a rubbish argument.

Once there is a vacancy, see who applies.

At the moment Mr Bean could not do worse.
Kevin

Mike the Dagger wrote:No credible suggestion for a replacement is a rubbish argument.
It isn't down to supporters to come with alternative candidates - it's for the board.

Although that is the same board that took the decision to give Wayne Burnett a 2 year contract extension - which is more than a little worrying.. :roll:
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:No credible suggestion for a replacement is a rubbish argument.

Once there is a vacancy, see who applies.

At the moment Mr Bean could not do worse.
There will be a 1000 people wanting to do it as they know 22nd is the only thing they have to achieve.Id do it and fail too and I know my stuff :lol: .But if you think its gonna give you attractive winning football anfd the crowds will return you are totally wrong.The club don't have any other ambition than to survive,thats why Im confident Wayne will be ok.Then next season we go again with 22nd the target again,it bores me already but its not the manager.No way will we take on a guy and fund him and demand a playoff position.There lies the real problem.
bearaab

ARNU wrote:Wont happen,we'll just go down and down,which will be soul destroying for a spectator who will more than likely bail out soon and get an ST at West Ham for Champions league footy next year at the OS for a similar price to a Daggers one instead.
Very LOL
Mikins

I think by now we have to accept there is no situation, ever, where the board will sack Burnett. It genuinely doesn't matter, for *whatever* reason it cannot, will not happen, and if we are relegated with him in charge he will still be in charge in the conference next season.

So all we can do now is work out, what if anything. Productive we can do to at least show that we, if not the board or team actually still give a ****** about this club.
Sorry about your damn luck!
RayleighDagger1986

They'll be no club coz no one will bother next season if he is at the helm, resulting in lower income, poorer quality of players and further fight to avoid relegation.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:My son said that during the match he and others watched a game from the stand they were in going on outside the ground in which the players showed more fight and spirit than our lot.
Well the whole matter has been commented on in an interview in the Barking and Dagenham post.

Whole thing is rather sad really. To be honest I don't blame those who decided on this course of amusement during a first half display that was as bad as I can remember.

After getting home last night after a 600 mile round trip which has been over 1400 in the last seven days I don't know what more support I can show and to think there is a player asking who needs fans like a prat like me on his Twitter page concearning pre season performances.

My support and commitment to getting out of this mess is as strong as it ever was, but it won't stop me speaking my mind and expressing opinions whoever they upset.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:My son said that during the match he and others watched a game from the stand they were in going on outside the ground in which the players showed more fight and spirit than our lot.
Well the whole matter has been commented on in an interview in the Barking and Dagenham post.

Whole thing is rather sad really. To be honest I don't blame those who decided on this course of amusement during a first half display that was as bad as I can remember.

After getting home last night after a 600 mile round trip which has been over 1400 in the last seven days I don't know what more support I can show and to think there is a player asking who needs fans like a prat like me on his Twitter page concearning pre season performances.

My support and commitment to getting out of this mess is as strong as it ever was, but it won't stop me speaking my mind and expressing opinions whoever they upset.
Do you mind saying which player it was?