Peter Pamment

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/p ... 25978.aspx

Very sad news to hear of his passing! And as mentioned in the article, his "Hello dear boy" catchphrase was unmistakable.
One of the 1st characters I ever came accross upon supporting the club and the place is definitely lesser off without him.

RIP Peter
Grimsweeper

A true gent.

RIP dear boy.
TheLion

A really sad day. I am glad that I met him on matchdays.

RIP
IanC

Can only echo what the others have already said,a sad day indeed,Peter will be very much missed,so polite, friendly and funny.As Thommo said one of lifes true gents,and like dagger4eva he was one of the first guys i met many years ago when i started coming over and he would always say hello and have a chat.
Lcbdagger

Echo the sentiments above... genuinly shocked when I read this on the Daggers page
ARNU

Truly upset to hear this news.Peter was a true gent and always had time for a chat.He will be sorely missed.Im genuinely gutted.RIP Peter.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

Am so upset to hear this news. I have known Peter from the days that Leytonstone Ilford ground shared at Walthamstow and since then, at the start of every season he would say to me 'You married yet? No? Why not?' and every game he would ask me if I 'was courting' or how my love life was.

He was a great asset to the club and along with everyone else, I will dearly miss his humour and cheeky grin.

I've written this yet it still doesn't feel like words are enough to convey just how sad I am at this news or how much I am going to miss him at home games.
speedy

Totally shocked. What a smashing man and what a loss. Only knew Peter through saying hello on matchdays, but even so he will be truely missed. RIP Peter.
Mikins

Thats genuinely sad news, he was a gent in the truest sense of the word.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Ilford Dagger

I'd echo what the others have said, he was a very loyal fan & a gent, some may not know this but he used to donate the fees that he got from the Club for his Stewarding to pay towards/for one of the SC coaches each season, which was a wonderful gesture quite in keeping with the man. RIP Peter.
Richie

A real top man, will be missed. RIP Peter.
dagger69

Sad day true supporter and good man R.I.P.
easthamdagger

Am on holiday in USA and just read the news,am absolutely gutted.I used to give Peter the odd lift to midweek home games and always looked forward to the exchange of views between Peter and Tommo. Peter was one of the first people to welcome me and my dad to the daggers when we changed allegiances 7 years ago.Always asked after your health even when his wasnt what it should be.Really sad not to be at Rochdale game as i'm sure the club will do something to remember him and i'm going to miss it.RIP Peter.
Floydman

Who is going to open the gate for me now with a wry smile and a salute. I shall miss you captain
Dave E

Such sad news. He epitomized staff members at the club really - welcoming, affable and always ready for a chat.

We always had a talk (about everything and nothing, lol) in the bar on matchdays before he went off to do his steward job