Well done the board

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
OBD

Is this the same Accrington that have just attracted new investment?

A question that was put to Dave Bennett at the last fans forum which he coughed and spluttered over until Thompson took the mic from his hands and done his usual patronising spiel.
@OfficialBigDave
Diggerthedog

So when Wycombe got in the play offs and just missed automatic promotions on a smaller budget last season that what we have this season it must have been a fluke. Not anyone can do anything unless you have a big budget yawn yawn yaw.

Defeatist attitude of Thompson and his puppet Burnett have got us to where we are and that one win in 7 million games.

We're coming for you were coming for you Steve Thomson were coming for you.
SUSSEX DAGGER

What's the balance sheet like, you know the vital thing that tells you if what you have achieved is sustainable or are you risking all on the red.

is that the same Wycombe by the way who were second bottom the season before last and had to win their final game and hope that other results went their way in order to survive. Bet they are glad they never sacked their Manager

The tomorrow never comes attitude only leads to bankrupcy courts, so you can throw all the statistics you like at me and I will ask the same question .

Is your current posistion sustainable on your current income.

Plainly obvious the answer at Accrington was no has it has created 1.2 million pounds worth of debt.

Was the posistion achieved at Northampton sustainable on current income, the answer again is clearly no

You won't know the true extent of the others until the shit hits the fan, only then do you really find out that the great achievements have been built on the foundations of sand.
mickeyblue

could not give a rats butt what other clubs do

what i'd like to know from the burnett in camp is name the good points from burnett?

no budget, no board says finish 22nd bolox.
but we finished 9th!
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:What's the balance sheet like, you know the vital thing that tells you if what you have achieved is sustainable or are you risking all on the red.

is that the same Wycombe by the way who were second bottom the season before last and had to win their final game and hope that other results went their way in order to survive. Bet they are glad they never sacked their Manager

The tomorrow never comes attitude only leads to bankrupcy courts, so you can throw all the statistics you like at me and I will ask the same question .

Plainly obvious the answer at Accrington was no has it has created 1.2 million pounds worth of debt.

Was the posistion achieved at Northampton sustainable on current income, the answer again is clearly no

You won't know the true extent of the others until the shit hits the fan, only then do you really find out that the great achievements have been built on the foundations of sand.
The creditors and accruals in our last set of file accounts were more than £1.2m.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:What's the balance sheet like, you know the vital thing that tells you if what you have achieved is sustainable or are you risking all on the red.

The creditors and accruals in our last set of file accounts were more than £1.2m.
You must be wrong Adrian Thommo said so.....
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:

Thanks for that Adrian ,so the budget is not sustainable in the long term and the sale of Jodi Jones is almost certain owing to finances alone. When that is done and dusted there will obviously have to be other cutbacks and the sacking of the Manager is not going to help .

As long as the Club remains afloat I can live with that as I accept the harsh realities of the sutuation
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Adrian wrote:

Thanks for that Adrian ,so the budget is not sustainable in the long term and the sale of Jodi Jones is almost certain owing to finances alone. When that is done and dusted there will obviously have to be other cutbacks and the sacking of the Manager is not going to help .

As long as the Club remains afloat I can live with that as I accept the harsh realities of the sutuation
The 'harsh situation' obviously meaning us going down after all these years as a League club despite almost certainly being in amongst the poorest teams since we got out of non league
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Thanks for that Adrian ,so the budget is not sustainable in the long term and the sale of Jodi Jones is almost certain owing to finances alone. When that is done and dusted there will obviously have to be other cutbacks and the sacking of the Manager is not going to help .

It actually doesn't mean that at all. The accounts provided are so limited in detail that they are next to impossible to analyse in any way. Part of that amount will be deferred income related to season tickets related to the next season/financial year and so can't be recognised as income until the season starts (at the earliest). Some of it will be normal day to day creditors that every business has.
I also didn't mention the cash position or the assets which significantly reduce the overall debt position.

The big problem with quoting any financial number is that you can look pretty stupid if you don't understand everything else around them. The storys on Accrington mention clearing £1.2m of debt. They don't mention what their cash position is, or what their assets are.

Your mentioning of realities is just showing you up now.
This club has always had small budgets and always been able to get on with them for the majority of the time. Very little has changed in that respect. Other things have changed - the way the MD and manager react to negativity by supporters is a big part of it.

You want a clear indication of what is wrong right now, then I've missed the last 3 home games. That is a first in over 20 years as a supporter. I have no intention of spending my hard earned cash on watching the crap served up by Burnett and the largely rubbish group of players he has signed.
Diggerthedog

Lots of people voting with their feet but no Sussex attendances are not affected......
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:Lots of people voting with their feet but no Sussex attendances are not affected......
Was just going on the numbers announced, that said sounds like Luton Town have a few fans like Adrian who have voted with their feet. Was astonished that they did not sell out their end yesterday.

As Adrian rightfully states to understand financial matters you got to understand how you look at things. All I know is that if I have £50 a week to spend on football I ain't got anymore then £50 despite having other assets.

Suppose I could always remortgage and go and watch Arsenal , but there I am told where to sit owing to demand and I would hate diggerthedog to think I was sitting amongst the Wenger out protesters out of choice, and all I end up with is a debt and earache from a posher sort of protester
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: As Adrian rightfully states to understand financial matters you got to understand how you look at things.
It's shame that you don't seem to understand how to look at things.
Comparing our current situation to going to watch Arsenal is beyond ludicrous, but it's not really surprising that you've managed it.

Choosing to watching Dagenham & Redbridge for me has nothing to do with what I can or can't afford. It's about enjoyment, and the crap that you manage to keep defending is not enjoyable in any sense so I'm not bothering until I get the feeling that something has changed.

I used to be accused of blindly defending the club by some on here, but the levels you manage to take it to are astonishing.
TomMc

Comparing budgets with teams from different parts of the country is a waste of time anyway. Variations in cost of living (rent players would have to pay, for example), not to mention density of clubs in the area mean that numbers alone don't show the full picture, and clubs in certain parts of the country will get far better value for money than we can.

Comparisons with Accrington are just silly.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: As Adrian rightfully states to understand financial matters you got to understand how you look at things.
It's shame that you don't seem to understand how to look at things.
Comparing our current situation to going to watch Arsenal is beyond ludicrous, but it's not really surprising that you've managed it.

Choosing to watching Dagenham & Redbridge for me has nothing to do with what I can or can't afford. It's about enjoyment, and the crap that you manage to keep defending is not enjoyable in any sense so I'm not bothering until I get the feeling that something has changed.

I used to be accused of blindly defending the club by some on here, but the levels you manage to take it to are astonishing.
If you think I am going to lose any sleep over what you think of my views you patronising twerp think on.

How anybody can be staying away because they are not being entertained the way they used to be beggars belief. We are playing the same style has we have for years ,except these days we pass sideways backwards and even include the goalkeeper before some would call a aimless ball belted up to a front man who is slightly smaller these days then the Players that use to give you so much enjoyment.

At the end of the day we are playing the same way today as we have for years , granted some players of yesteryears were slightly more adapt to the style and methods adopted.

At least those People who have stopped coming because of results are a bit more honest they expect a bit more result wise then they are getting for their £8 , but please do me a favour style of play its the same today as it was years ago .

So use your fancy words and impressive knowledge of all matters but please spare us the bullshit that things have ever been any different.

For £8 a game I know the quality is going to be ropey , like all things in life you get what you pay for.
davei

Adrian wrote "The creditors and accruals in our last set of file accounts were more than £1.2m".

Adrian, if the above figure is correct, what were the offsetting assets of the club valued at (depreciated value acceptable).....??

Of the creditors listed what percentage are (either) long or short term obligations and would you happen to know the make up/breakdown of the pound percentage...?

Is the club current in their payables....?

Just a couple of questions to see how financial prudent the club is actually being run. If you know the answers great, if not, no problem.