Well done the board

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggyjack

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: At least those People who have stopped coming because of results are a bit more honest they expect a bit more result wise then they are getting for their £8 , but please do me a favour style of play its the same today as it was years ago.
For £8 a game I know the quality is going to be ropey , like all things in life you get what you pay for.
You get what you pay for??
Yes, for £8, you get a team with no skill, little direction and a manager who constantly gets his tactics wrong and finds new ways each week to alienate the fans....sounds like a bargain, I think I'll go to the cinema with my £8.

You can't keep defending the indefensible, it begins to look silly. You say he finished 9th and 14th, yes, fair play, he did but NOW we are 24th with one win and a mess of a team so he has to go, like I said not rocket science.
Diggerthedog

Daggyjack wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: At least those People who have stopped coming because of results are a bit more honest they expect a bit more result wise then they are getting for their £8 , but please do me a favour style of play its the same today as it was years ago.
For £8 a game I know the quality is going to be ropey , like all things in life you get what you pay for.
You get what you pay for??
Yes, for £8, you get a team with no skill, little direction and a manager who constantly gets his tactics wrong and finds new ways each week to alienate the fans....sounds like a bargain, I think I'll go to the cinema with my £8.

You can't keep defending the indefensible, it begins to look silly. You say he finished 9th and 14th, yes, fair play, he did but NOW we are 24th with one win and a mess of a team so he has to go, like I said not rocket science.
We manage to finish 9th and 14th thanks to the players Still Left behind people who cared. This team is now 100% Burnetts and its shows in full what we had seen in some horrific spells the previous two seasons.

Like it or not the budget is massively dictated by people coming to watch and the current manager should not be complaining about budgets with our dreadful home form which stops people including the die hards from coming. Even if we win the odd home game people might bother but that fact is we are not even winning ONE.
Auntie Merge

Not sure if it is this thread talking about debt of the club

But
https://www.duedil.com/company/06134948 ... ub-limited
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: As Adrian rightfully states to understand financial matters you got to understand how you look at things.
It's shame that you don't seem to understand how to look at things.
Comparing our current situation to going to watch Arsenal is beyond ludicrous, but it's not really surprising that you've managed it.

Choosing to watching Dagenham & Redbridge for me has nothing to do with what I can or can't afford. It's about enjoyment, and the crap that you manage to keep defending is not enjoyable in any sense so I'm not bothering until I get the feeling that something has changed.

I used to be accused of blindly defending the club by some on here, but the levels you manage to take it to are astonishing.
If you think I am going to lose any sleep over what you think of my views you patronising twerp think on.

How anybody can be staying away because they are not being entertained the way they used to be beggars belief. We are playing the same style has we have for years ,except these days we pass sideways backwards and even include the goalkeeper before some would call a aimless ball belted up to a front man who is slightly smaller these days then the Players that use to give you so much enjoyment.

At the end of the day we are playing the same way today as we have for years , granted some players of yesteryears were slightly more adapt to the style and methods adopted.

At least those People who have stopped coming because of results are a bit more honest they expect a bit more result wise then they are getting for their £8 , but please do me a favour style of play its the same today as it was years ago .

So use your fancy words and impressive knowledge of all matters but please spare us the bullshit that things have ever been any different.

Firstly, thank you for calling me a patronising twerp. For that to.come from a one one that posts as much patronising twaddle as you do feels like a real accomplishment.

Secondly, I'd like to point put that a large part of your subsequent rant just shows you up even more.
I've not mentioned style of play at all or made any claim of how we play being any different.
That you seem to think I did shows how difficult you find it to understand the point being made.

What I mentioned was enjoyment. For me a team that manages one shot on target in 90 minutes is not enjoyable. For me seeing the likes of Joss Labadie soil our shirt is not enjoyable. Listening to radio interviews where the manager slates a young player is not enjoyable.

So please do us all a favour and engage your brain and try to understand what someone has written before hurling insults and slaying them for a view they haven't actually expressed.

Yours
Patronising Twerp.
Adrian

davei wrote:Adrian wrote "The creditors and accruals in our last set of file accounts were more than £1.2m".

Adrian, if the above figure is correct, what were the offsetting assets of the club valued at (depreciated value acceptable).....??

Of the creditors listed what percentage are (either) long or short term obligations and would you happen to know the make up/breakdown of the pound percentage...?

Is the club current in their payables....?

Just a couple of questions to see how financial prudent the club is actually being run. If you know the answers great, if not, no problem.

The larger parts of the debt are longer term and I'd imagine are related to the big of the away stand. There is also a large fixed asset which I'd guess is the stand.

In all honesty I don't think there are any real issues but was just making a point about quoting financial numbers out of context.
IanC

Never have understood this entertainment crap when it comes to football,I only go to see my team win and I dont care how that's achieved.Even the top teams you would only come away a handful of times a season thinking wow what a game.Nope I only come for the win and if it don't come yeah we are gutted but we have a few beers and a laugh and move on,it don't ruin our lives.If I want entertainment I'll take the grandkids to the circus!
SUSSEX DAGGER

IanC wrote:Never have understood this entertainment crap when it comes to football,I only go to see my team win and I dont care how that's achieved.Even the top teams you would only come away a handful of times a season thinking wow what a game.Nope I only come for the win and if it don't come yeah we are gutted but we have a few beers and a laugh and move on,it don't ruin our lives.If I want entertainment I'll take the grandkids to the circus!
Bang on IC ,also the unpredictability of it all brings its own entertainment. Ok at the moment in time we are struggling but it's never a full gone conclusion with The Daggers.

Just like all this bollocks about Labidie ,I don't care if he is Hanabal Lecter as long as he puts a bloody tackle in. Despite the result I enjoyed him and Dunnes performance Sunday , how good was it to finally see our Centre midfielders put themselves about and not get walked by.

Those two won't let this team get relegated without a fight I know that much.
IanC

Agree with that chris thought those two were good together great to see some nasty in there for a change.
dagger4eva

IanC wrote:I only go to see my team win
Not having much luck there either then are you ... :lol:

If I had to score our season to date in the style of dancing on ice (some of our players might be better suited to that infact) I'd score as follows:

Entertainment 1.5
Results 0.5
Value for money (even at £8 per game) 1.1

#BurnettOut

:mrgreen:
admin
Site Admin

dagger4eva wrote:

If I had to score our season to date in the style of dancing on ice (some of our players might be better suited to that infact) I'd score as follows:

Entertainment 1.5
Results 0.5

#BurnettOut

Feel sorry for anyone who pays on the day. £18 a game for that.
ThatRoundThing

When most of us made a decision to buy a season ticket surely we intended to attend almost every game regardless of the result or "entertainment value" which surely cannot be measured by one person. All our views on what constitutes entertainment differ so please let us all have the option of our own opinions.

I am strongly in the Ian C and Sussex camp, I am paying per game less than Ryman Premier prices. I consider my match day experience to be entertainment in having a few beers ,chat and banter between friends, more beers, watch the game, more beers and laughs.
I am pretty certain that all connected with the club at all levels are not relishing the position we are in but like me are not panicking. I am also certain we will survive in this League even if it means a late spurt as has been the norm, or other teams may get points deductions. I enjoy my football day out both Home and Away but I don't see it as the most important part of my life.

Equally at the end of the season regardless of whichever league we are in, the style of football we have been playing, the manager we have in situe, the price of a cuppa, the crap beer, all other faults within the club..... I will be back next season and see the same faces and friends that I consider true loyal fans.
IanC

Great post
matt_drfc

Great post indeed.
SUSSEX DAGGER

admin wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:

Entertainment 1.5
Results 0.5

#BurnettOut

Feel sorry for anyone who pays on the day. £18 a game for that.
According to some they are not paying ,the only reason most keep turning up is because they have already paid.

Sunday I had to pay because my Son came with me who owing to work commitments has only been to away and mid-week home games and he used the season ticket.

There did not appear a shortage of People paying the £18 and I had to queue to pay it. So if you have any sympathy please give it to me as I ended up paying for that twice on Sunday.

The chances of the favour," can you lend me a score Dad because I forgot to bring any money" has as much chance of being paid as the third world debt, but that's another matter.

He left Sunday with the view that the two in Midfield are more suited to the style we are playing and we need to keep them together.

The game was decided by three incidents.

A foul/mistake for the first goal, with experience in such circumstances Pask will be stronger or a little bit less honest and make the Referee's mind up for him, a very bad miss and a complete Horlicks for the second goal.

Now when you play these "Hungry Youngsters" that everybody has been crying out for you are going to get these things happen , five of our team Sunday had an average age of 19,of which three were defenders. They were pitched in against a team who had Players sitting on their bench that have been transferred for vast sums of money, as he said what do you expect ? , play that game in 2 years time and we will not be losing it.

Now you may not agree with all of his views but there is a lot in it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:

Entertainment 1.5
Results 0.5

#BurnettOut

Funny that, despite being bored you travel 600 miles only days ago to stand on an open terrace in the pissing rain watching the team you adore that are in your DNA get dismantled. Was that part of your season ticket ? or was that very expensive trip paid long before we were shit ?

What made me laugh about the majority of protesters Sunday is they give you this bollocks of boycotting and protesting yet it is only Death that will ever keep them away. Next season they will be there again and as many away games as they can make not giving a tinkers curse as to who the Manager is or what level we are playing at . They know it and I know it, why because this Club is in your blood .

To think that poor Arnu has in the past been accussed of being a troll.

See you Saturday fella.