Well done the board

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggyjack

I actually feel that we shouldn't get on WB's back any more, it's obvious that he isn't going to leave of his own accord.
Instead, the board should be ashamed as with each passing week and each passing defeat, we have less and less chance of remaining in the league.
The board should grow a pair, do what is needed and give us a little chance of staying up before it's too late.
Do the right thing......
JFJBENSTEAD

Steve Thompson told me that Wayne is a 'good manager'.

I'd love to visit his home planet one day!!
Lcbdagger

He may well be a good coach, terrible manager including the PR side and interesting with fans... Team full of his players now who should be good enough to keep us up but it's not going to happen.

We're not even forcing teams to pay out of their proverbial skin to beat us anymore... Especially at Home
DI Mike Dashwood

Not saying whats right or wrong, but what would you expect Thommo to say?? He is hardly going to say "this bloke we have in charge is sh1t and totally clueless" is he??
Dodge1197

Don't understand why some fans are against a protest surely they can't be happy with current situation
DI Mike Dashwood

I don't think there can be any fans happy with the current situation.

However, some people may have a) differing views on the cause of the current situation, and b) may wonder whether holding a few sheets of A4 paper up is going to achieve anything??

Thats not to knock those who want to protest, I am a firm believer of peoples right to protest and express an opinion in all walks of life, but that doesn't mean everyone wants or feels the need to join in.
leewilson

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I don't think there can be any fans happy with the current situation.

However, some people may have a) differing views on the cause of the current situation, and b) may wonder whether holding a few sheets of A4 paper up is going to achieve anything??

Thats not to knock those who want to protest, I am a firm believer of peoples right to protest and express an opinion in all walks of life, but that doesn't mean everyone wants or feels the need to join in.
I'm with you there. As far as I'm concerned:

a) The board should never have got themselves into a position financially where they can't dispose of the manager if his performance is not up to scratch. That is unacceptable.

b) Protests are fine but I disagree personally with the idea of protesting during a match. That is where supporters should be focusing on 'supporting' the team, no matter how we're doing. Criticism is a natural urge when things are going wrong but we're not going to get out of this by slamming people. If you were a player, there is no motivation to go out there and fight for the cause. I know the players need to give us something to cheer about and all that but a toxic atmosphere is just going to induce a fear factor and a want to get off the pitch as quickly as possible. Curo hasn't had a great season, but people still support him when things aren't going well. We need that for all members of the team, regardless of whether we think they're any good or not as they are the ones tasked with trying to give us points. A little bit of love may just go some way to repairing broken relationships. A4 pieces of paper will not achieve that. Thommo and the board aren't stupid, they know supporters are not happy. Pieces of paper will change nothing. If people want to protest do it before or after the game, or do it during but outside the ground. A lack of people (regardless of whether they have a season ticket or not) inside will have far more impact than a group of 75 or so holding up print outs.
Richie

Some fans might actually like to try and support the team during a match.
DaggerJoel11

Through thick or thin, good or bad, I am a dagger and will sing my heart out every game to show my support. Obviously I understand the motive begin the protest but found today's rendition of it a little embarrassing. Pushing Wayne (speculation) is disgusting, regardless how he's doing, because he is trying.Resorting to violence...is that what our club represents? Personally I'm all for Wayne in, but do understand the protest. However, it gathered no publicity and about 25-30 fans participated rendering it pointless. We've been in similar situations before, but the only way we survived is because our dedicated contingent were bellowing their hearts out for the cause. Let's try that.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

DaggerJoel11 wrote:Through thick or thin, good or bad, I am a dagger and will sing my heart out every game to show my support. Obviously I understand the motive begin the protest but found today's rendition of it a little embarrassing. Pushing Wayne (speculation) is disgusting, regardless how he's doing, because he is trying.Resorting to violence...is that what our club represents? Personally I'm all for Wayne in, but do understand the protest. However, it gathered no publicity and about 25-30 fans participated rendering it pointless. We've been in similar situations before, but the only way we survived is because our dedicated contingent were bellowing their hearts out for the cause. Let's try that.
Who pushed Koko? Publicity? was on national TV pal! #burnettout
DaggerJoel11

Heard he was pushed, either way I know he's being slated. Some may call it justified, but I just don't want our club to become a volatile one who protests. There's been a number of incidents this year already that have jeopardised our family/community ethos and what we represent. I'm not against a protest, but this needed to be better organised.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Pushed by who? When? I don't condone any violence either. Today's protest was a peaceful one as arranged only become an incident some numpties wanted to pick a fight.
dagger4eva

I dont know if you remember but back in May 2011 we were relegated from league 1 on the final day following a 5-0 loss to Peterborough.

Despite being up against it almost the entire season, there was NONE of the unrest and unhappiness there is now, there were NO protests & actually at the full time whistle that day, whilst sad, I have probably never actually been prouder of our TEAM. We had one we could all be proud of, who gave their absolute all and only just came up short. Hence the 500 or so people showed their recognition accordingly.

This current rabble however is a completely different kettle of fish!
leewilson

dagger4eva wrote:I dont know if you remember but back in May 2011 we were relegated from league 1 on the final day following a 5-0 loss to Peterborough.

Despite being up against it almost the entire season, there was NONE of the unrest and unhappiness there is now, there were NO protests & actually at the full time whistle that day, whilst sad, I have probably never actually been prouder of our TEAM. We had one we could all be proud of, who gave their absolute all and only just came up short. Hence the 500 or so people showed their recognition accordingly.

This current rabble however is a completely different kettle of fish!
But there would have been little unrest then because we'd previously just been promoted at Wembley and were competing against clubs who were a world away from what we were used to. Plus, we won some matches as well which always helps.

HOWEVER, football fans are very fickle and despite our best efforts, there were still some very very critical. I think you'll find there was a huge dissatisfaction at the Benson sale and players like Ifil, Morgan and Savage (on occasions) got a load of stick because supporters always (wrongly or rightly) create a scapegoat when you lose more than you win. And that season, despite playing some good stuff at times and putting up a fight most games, there were still those who were very unhappy with players/decisions/defeats. Obviously it's not comparable to the situation now but pretending that everything used to be sweetness and roses is not completely accurate.
DaggerJoel11

Is there a protest against Oxford (JPT) too?