What did we do for an unusual dagger free day?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

For a couple of weeks after we abruptly left the F.A Cup shores in Bristol, thought about where can I go for a day without the daggers, so trying to toss up between the O's, Hammers, Stevenage and even hitting the Thameslink line down to Brighton to see them play against high rising Foxes or dipping a league to visit Barnet's new ground down at Canons Park the Hive. Well I opted for the Bees playing Dartford and must say what a great day it was, great connection with Jubilee line and a 5 minute walk across the training fields to a very smart little ground, excellent club house although already tanked up a bit at a fine Weatherspoons in Stanmore , waked in with Swedish based Bees fans and quite taken back how before every home game they display club and country flags on their fencing and run a good organised event, met Pompey fans (gave them an earbashing about Boxing Day!) and quite a few Spurs boys. Fine West Stand facilities where I paid 20 quid, I suppose not that cheap for Skrill premier but saw our old guard Jon Nurse score a cracker which eventualy won it for them and thought how unlucky the Darts were not too snatch a draw. saw them pre season against us and although down there relegation end were overall a lot better than pre season. If we ever meet Barnet again think our boys would love a trip over to the Hive, away end covered and could create good atmosphere and quite friendly place, just wondered where any other Daggers ventured yesterday? Know a few went to Orient. Hope with a good break we can now run a good display at Oxford.
ARNU

I went fishing in the Thames at Rainham Coldharbour lane.Caught a few whiting and some flounders.Listened to a bit of footy on the radio though.Football,Fishing and Forum all the fun things in my life begin with F. :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Went to 401
SUSSEX DAGGER

My eldest dragged me up to Sheffield for Wednesday against Notts Forest.

Anybody who misses the hoof ball they should get along to see Wednesday , I left with the feeling at least we were good at it.

A truly dreadful game and Notts Forest will bankrupt themselves if they go up as there is no way in this World that anything they currently have is going to be good enough. The only Player I saw was the Forest front man Simon Cox who's movement and work rate was the only bright bulb on a very dull Christmas tree.

How Wednesday continue to attract the loyal following they have is a mystery, they are that bad I would not wish them on Steve Evans heavily punted to be the next Manager.

It was a real shame as their was a cracking atmosphere before and during the early part of the game, Forest filled the away end and plenty of banter was exchanged, there still appears a lot of hostility remaining from the Miners strike when these teams meet. Sadly the fare on offer appear to send everybody to sleep.

Even at our worse I don't recall such a tedious hour and a half it truly would have brought tears to a glass eye.

After the game I struck a bet with my Son that Wednesday will play at Victoria Road before Old Trafford and I think I am on to an absolute cert.
HogansHeros

I went on twitter saying how pompey should try and get David Moyes and how crap Manchester United and the premier league is.