Martin Ling Appointed Manager

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Gotta say I'm chuffed to bits for lingy,welcome back and good luck.
DagenHammer87

Think we've missed the boat on this one. Would've been my first choice replacement.

As for anyone who makes snide comments about his mental health need to take a long look at themselves. (as seen on other posts previously).

Good manager who got a decent return out of Orient and is obviously made of quite strong stuff to be able to admit that while in the public eye.

Would've brought back some guts to the team. Shame.
The Romford Dagger

DagenHammer87 wrote:Think we've missed the boat on this one. Would've been my first choice replacement.

As for anyone who makes snide comments about his mental health need to take a long look at themselves. (as seen on other posts previously).

Good manager who got a decent return out of Orient and is obviously made of quite strong stuff to be able to admit that while in the public eye.

Would've brought back some guts to the team. Shame.
100% agree.

Good luck to him
Auntie Merge

Been saying for a long time how good he would be for us and how good we would be for him.

Really missed the boat on this.

Good luck to the guy; he deserves a break.
dagger4eva

Think he would've been a perfect fit for us ... despite some people writing him off as a "loon" / "nutjob"

Nice piece on him here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34710419
SUSSEX DAGGER

Everybody's hereo John Still said some very nice things about Wayne in his pre game interview last week.
In fact he said that he was instrumental in him getting the job.

Would have thought the quickest way to give him a relapse was to ask him to take over here.
Never mind there is still 203 failures to consider D4E if we are ever in the market.
dagger4eva

Was only a short time ago one of the greatest manager's of our era (or mine at least) - Alex Ferguson recommended David Moyes for the job as his successor ... and we all know how that one turned out!

Anyway, talking of legends I'm off to watch Wenger's Arsenal play in what I'm certain will be a massively ENTERTAINING game against Bayern.

Toodle pip
SUSSEX DAGGER

Hope you got your A4 bits of paper ready when it all goes wrong
DI Mike Dashwood

Pleased for him. I used to watch Southend on Friday nights as a kid (they were great days going to football two days in a row) and when I was 9 or 10 Lingy was one of their best players. Him and Peter Butler (who went on to West Ham) were great to watch. Lingy of course went on to do well with Swindon as a player.

Always comes across as a nice bloke, one of the old skool, so pleased to see he is back working and hope it goes well.

As for us, it may or may not have worked, we will never know I guess, life goes on.
Diggerthedog

Resigned from Swindon for health reasons.
Auntie Merge

Gutted for him.

Hopes he keeps fighting the battle.
Lcbdagger

Just saw this on BBC...really sad to see
DI Mike Dashwood

Sad situation, wish him all the best