I see old.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

How come we aren't allowed to talk about John Still because we don't go that often Arnu? He doesn't manage dagenham anymore. I went a lot when he was manager but now I'm a student (feel free to just dismiss that as not true by the way) I haven't been much. Yeah we're doing alright with a new manager but john still remains the best thing ever to happen to this club by a very long way. Can't you just remember that, accept it and move on without giving him stupid nicknames?
ARNU

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:How come we aren't allowed to talk about John Still because we don't go that often Arnu? He doesn't manage dagenham anymore. I went a lot when he was manager but now I'm a student (feel free to just dismiss that as not true by the way) I haven't been much. Yeah we're doing alright with a new manager but john still remains the best thing ever to happen to this club by a very long way. Can't you just remember that, accept it and move on without giving him stupid nicknames?
Im not saying what you can or cant talk about,say what you want fella why would you want my permission anyway.If you'll bear with me a second though.....I was pointing out that it seems often its people who hardly ever attend that have some of the angriest exchanges with me.I think anyone who often attends is at least expressing an opinion of what they see on a regular basis.I am more likely to take your opinions on the club more seriously if you are a regular attender,you yourself may well be,I don't know you and have no reason to doubt what you say.If certain people want to throw insults please dont take my retaliatory comments to mean harm to anyone other than the dickheads abusing me.People on here like Sussex,FMD,Lee Wilson,Nickthe Dagger,Hardy,Phippo,Tom/steveMc,Davei even the legendary Adrian etc etc.... all disagree with me regularly but in truth I know they are standing within feet of me watching the same things.I may or may not agree with them at times but they cant accuse me of not ever being there or vice versa.Hence they have more respect from me than they'd ever imagine actually.Work has permitted me to attend a lot more aways this season too so even if you don't like me, my report about Oxford Saturday wont be based on just what I taped off the telly.I agree what you say about John Still.He was a great manager,legendary but grew very tired 3 seasons ago then bailed out last season at a very crucial point in a less than favourable way.He gets a mild nickname for that reason alone.Whilst I mention it occasionally and will continue to do so,I aint the only one who was disappointed with his actions.Finally,Id advise anyone not to take me too seriously its only football.Im a nice guy really as Im sure in most cases you all are too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
USADAGGER nick

One of my fondest memories was that I was listening to the football league podcast in 08 and they were interviewing John Still and they asked him "how's it feel having a fan from America?" And he said "I think it's fantastic". Every match I listen too I thank FIFA for introducing me to the daggers
rebeldagger

In all fairness now, John Still achieved great things with this club, he plucked us from the conference and delivered us to league one, perhaps a season or two too early mind. However, the way he left us did disappoint me, that I can't lie about.

Look at us now though, we're in 9th spot, and four points off the league leaders whom we face on the weekend. We also appear to have kept our knack of finding gems in the rough, one Rhys Murphy whom is the league's top goal scorer points to that. We have adopted a good style of play under manager who knows the game inside out as well as what's in/out this fashion season.

I'd dare say John Still leaving us was the best thing to happen to us in the past few years.
ronaldaggero

lots to read through , so just followed the gest of the discussion , just to add my 2p worth .
John Still became a real hero , taking the club to League 1 , via Wembley and left me with some really great memories. That said , the manner in which he left , the comments that he made showed him in a different light . The words he said at Wembley and the words he said upon leaving the club , just don't tally up. However , he said he wanted the best for the club , then his departure certainly was best for the club , though the timing was "pants" , now we can watch some football , freedom for the GK and players to at least try an express themselves.
The main point is that , there is life after JS and I hope that Wayne can also create some memories for us . Up the Daggers !!
davei

Ronaldaggaro sums it up very nicely, no reply needed really is there...

Oops.....
ARNU

Sometimes, what is clearly the point Im trying to make is best said by others.

Ronaldaggero,thanks mate.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
CrownDagger

i have to agree with ARNU. JS reason for leaving was selling Gayle over his head, this is complete rubbish. Yes he is the greatest manager the club has ever had but the way he left and his reasons have left a bitter taste.