For all you armchair fans out there..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Daggers beat Thurrock 5-1 tonight,Shields was immense,Doe went back to his old ways for their goal,clumsy personified that back pass.Stuart Thurgood got on for Thurrock 2nd half.We never looked like losing even though they went 1-0 up.Hornchurch away next.

Were gonna win the cup !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Sheilds goal was fantastic,ran from the halfway line past everyone of their players and walked it into the net.Hope he gets a chance soon.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Arnu I hear we ended up with 10 men after Saunders went off injured,

Did it look bad as I am getting more them concerned about the lack of Midfield options with Billy Bingham out for some time. Good move to get the Reading lad in. Also Zav must be getting near a ban,
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Arnu I hear we ended up with 10 men after Saunders went off injured,

Did it look bad as I am getting more them concerned about the lack of Midfield options with Billy Bingham out for some time. Good move to get the Reading lad in. Also Zav must be getting near a ban,
It was a poor tackle,he played on for a bit then just walked off.Wasn't limping but obviously it must have been troubling him to leave us with 10 men.Mind you the game was well won by then.Shields must surely get a start soon.Edgar was also very busy tonight.
matt_drfc

Shields was very good, played centrally tonight floating behind the striker, he could definitely get a go in the league. Edgar was really tricky nutmegs all over the place, and played a great cross field ball for the last goal. Dickson looked sharper making good runs in behind. Scott was very poor and lazy. Pykes looks pretty good and took his goals well.
ARNU

I thought Jack Connors had a bit of a mare at left back,certainly not his greatest work.He got better towards the end but I think Femi is safe on that showing.
Lcbdagger

Whilst not wanting to overshadow a good result yesterday...

The way we gave their goal away early doors was criminal, especially as they had hardly touched the ball in the first ten minutes

Yes we scored a few decent goals but the keeper on at three at them should never have been beaten

We scored most of the goals in one flurry in the second half which made the game look far more comfortable than it was at points

The 'first team players', especially Connors looked weak out there while the less said about Josh's contribution the better. Doe had an off day and Dickson looks clumsy at times in possession despite his decent finish for the second goal.

I was as underwhelmed by Edgar as the three guys directly in front of me... couple of decent passes but took the p**s at times and tried about 17 or 18 step overs at one point when we were 4-1 up before dissapearing past his marker and leaving the ball behind. I'm not convinced either he or Dickson did enough to push for s atrting spot.

Jordan looked nervous in goal on a couple of occasions and punched one out in the second half he certainly should have caught... very little he could do about their goal mind.

Shields on the other hand was top quality and would be a certain starter if he was 5 inches taller and a couple of stone heavier. The youngsters also performed well and Pykes in particular showed a few of the bigger players what it's like to put in a proper 100% effort in against a weaker team rather than playing 80 minutes of the game as an elaborate friendly
bearaab

Thanks for letting everyone know, you're 10 times the fan I am. If only I could be as good as you...
ARNU

bearaab wrote:Thanks for letting everyone know, you're 10 times the fan I am. If only I could be as good as you...
I didn't say that Im 10 times the fan you are but statistically its probably fair to say Im the more frequent attender,Im sure Daggers No2 Fan will find something to argue about there but I think that would be a fact even he couldn't deny.As for the 2nd part of your statement about wanting to be as good as me well Im flattered you'd aspire to be like me but you should aim much higher mate.If you are really in the RAF then Id suggest you've already attained a level to which you can be proud of.Since learning this I don't feel happy about having a slanging match with you as I have great respect for anyone who would serve queen and country and that includes you.And if you are in the RAF then that's a valid excuse for not attending lg 2 football as often as you'd like.I will happily carry on disagreeing with you if you want but I aint bickering with you any more.
Richie

Who is Pykes? Youth team I presume? He look a good prospect?
ARNU

Richie wrote:Who is Pykes? Youth team I presume? He look a good prospect?
I never seen him before I don't think but he certainly had a good game.Theres a daggers player interview and footage of last nights game and goals and the manager rates him as one for the future.I agree.
matt_drfc

Richie wrote:Who is Pykes? Youth team I presume? He look a good prospect?
Yeah he's a youth team player. Looked pretty good!
FullMetalDagger

Missed this one :( was knackered from my new job lol

but Hornchurch away? im on that!!
USADAGGER nick

Can trialists play in the ESC?