Who would you keep?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Out of the current team who would you keep? I'd keep these.

O'Brien. Not a bad keeper, kicking is fairly useful, confidence suffered due to the awful defence in front of him.
Connors. Not the greatest full back, but always gives 100%. A trier at least.
Labadie. Given 100% since coming back, tries to drive the team forward, a battler. Should be captain.
Richards. In my eyes suffered because of Boucaud in the team, a battler, when fit could be useful.
Vassell. Good work rate, will score goals when given a decent run in the team.
Raymond. Forward thinking ball playing midfielder, give him a chance ffs.
Hemmings. Always gives 100% needs support, let down by those around him too many times.
Dunne. Under no circumstance let this bloke leave the club, chain him to a post if need be, best player we have by a country mile.
Hoyte. Experienced defender, hasn't done too bad so far.
Widdowson. Apart from the howler against Oxford, normally quite a decent defender. Still not fit.
Jones. Was our only player at times this season who has stood out, why he doesn't play more often is baffling.
Cousins. Not a lot between the keepers, but a decent back up.
JC. Horribly isolated looks lost with the tactics employed, needs a goal, still the best finisher we have.
Yussuff. A complete mystery to us all and never given a chance, can't be any worse than what we have.

The rest can do one.
ARNU

I thought Richards was totally useless in the only game I see him play in.I was expecting Thurgood but got Ifil.No wonder hes not in the squad even.Boucard is 100 times better.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

O'Brien, Cousins, Hoyte, Widdowson, Raymond, Labadie, Dunne, Hemmings, Jones, Cureton, McClure.

They're my definites.

I'd then probably keep Ayo as he's got potential even though he's not having a good season he did well last time. Just think he needs managing properly.

Nosworthy is one of those players who can defend well for 89 minutes then make a howler and cost us a goal. In some games he's been our best player and in others he's been woeful. If we're being honest he probably isn't reliable enough to be worth having.
Dagdale

O'Brien, MC, Dunne, Ladabie, Raymond, Hemmings, Jodi, Doidge and Pask but very much doubt we'd get him long term, that's all, and I believe Christian has good potential for our team but for shit knows what reason is firing more blanks than Boycie, Ayo I've emitted unless Doey returns because them two together last term were spot on.
Alan

ARNU wrote:I thought Richards was totally useless in the only game I see him play in.I was expecting Thurgood but got Ifil.No wonder hes not in the squad even.Boucard is 100 times better.
Richards was excellent pre-season then asked to play with an infected/injured left foot once the season started. He's not in the squad because he has had surgery and is a month away.
ARNU

Alan wrote:
ARNU wrote:I thought Richards was totally useless in the only game I see him play in.I was expecting Thurgood but got Ifil.No wonder hes not in the squad even.Boucard is 100 times better.
Richards was excellent pre-season then asked to play with an infected/injured left foot once the season started. He's not in the squad because he has had surgery and is a month away.
The whole team were excellent pre season beating a pretty strong Crystal Palace side.I thought we looked good but now I realise it was because the players saw it as an opportunity to show off in front of Alan pardew.
I have seen nothing from Ferdinand(Has he gone back ?),McClure or Richards in a Daggers shirt although I know McClure did score in an away game and in "the nobody gives a shit cup" the other night.McClure on Weds night was totally absent.
stanton101

The whole team were excellent pre season beating a pretty strong Crystal Palace side.I thought we looked good but now I realise it was because the players saw it as an opportunity to show off in front of Alan pardew.
I have seen nothing from Ferdinand(Has he gone back ?),McClure or Richards in a Daggers shirt although I know McClure did score in an away game and in "the nobody gives a shit cup" the other night.McClure on Weds night was totally absent.[/quote]

A lot of the McClure debate is down to service, if he's not getting any then he won't score, same goes for JC, totally anonymous for the best part of the season. We've got two good midfielders in Dunne and Labadie but they are very alike, they get stuck in and drive the team forward but their downfall is the final ball, the service to the front men. That's why we need Raymond in the midfield, give him a free role to thread the passes through, while the other two are doing the donkey work. It won't happen because Wayne is too nieve and one dimensional to see past his 4-4-2 garbage. Last season he got lucky with the ball over the top for JC to run on to, this season however centre halves just drop off him, wait and win the ball in the air. It doesn't work anymore Wayne they've cottoned on son, try something different or it's conference time.
Auntie Merge

Dave Simpson
Gerry Hanning

Oh.... you were talking about which players to keep...
daggersjeff

[quote="I have seen nothing from Ferdinand(Has he gone back ?), quote]

Unfortunately, we have him until 5th December!!
Alan

ARNU wrote:
Alan wrote:
I have seen nothing from Ferdinand(Has he gone back ?),McClure or Richards in a Daggers shirt although I know McClure did score in an away game and in "the nobody gives a shit cup" the other night.McClure on Weds night was totally absent.
Richards was good every game I saw him pre-season. Your suggestion was that he was so crap he cannot get in the squad, but you are wrong, he is injured. Ferdinand was crap every time I saw him pre season smd during the season. Not convinced by McClure, but to be fair, our strikers are barely even getting scraps to feed on.
ARNU

That's fair enough Alan.You've seen him (Richards) do well,I haven't.In fact I think I only saw him play once (He was poor),he didn't play v Palace I don't think.
Alan

Interestingly, we won the 2 games he played after recovering from the foot infection, then boucaud replaced him and he suffered an ankle injury in training....
Paul from Barking

Not Wayne
stanton101

Paul from Barking wrote:Not Wayne
I have to admit I was 50/50 on keeping him at the start of the season, but gradually as the weeks have rolled by it's around 70/30 in favour if possible, for getting rid. I've no doubt his heart is in the right place and he genuinely wants to succeed but his lack of understanding of tactics and man management skills are sadly letting him down. This group of players for what ever reason simply do not want to perform for him and no amount of getting on the training pitch is going to solve that problem. If the dressing room is lost then frankly it's curtains for whoevers in charge. That said, it's not entirely all Wayne's fault either, the board did nothing to dissuade Scotty and Luke from leaving the club and nearly half of our current team need to take a long look at themselves to justify being called pro footballers. It unfortunately doesn't get any easier for us as our next two home games are against the top two sides in the league! Sandwiched in between is a trip to Wimbledon who are no mugs either it would seem. I don't think we need to worry about Rnd 2 of the FA Cup as Mr Ellison will put paid to that on Tuesday. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it somehow.
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:
Paul from Barking wrote:Not Wayne
I have to admit I was 50/50 on keeping him at the start of the season, but gradually as the weeks have rolled by it's around 70/30 in favour if possible, for getting rid. I've no doubt his heart is in the right place and he genuinely wants to succeed but his lack of understanding of tactics and man management skills are sadly letting him down. This group of players for what ever reason simply do not want to perform for him and no amount of getting on the training pitch is going to solve that problem. If the dressing room is lost then frankly it's curtains for whoevers in charge. That said, it's not entirely all Wayne's fault either, the board did nothing to dissuade Scotty and Luke from leaving the club and nearly half of our current team need to take a long look at themselves to justify being called pro footballers. It unfortunately doesn't get any easier for us as our next two home games are against the top two sides in the league! Sandwiched in between is a trip to Wimbledon who are no mugs either it would seem. I don't think we need to worry about Rnd 2 of the FA Cup as Mr Ellison will put paid to that on Tuesday. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it somehow.
Not sure why you are blaming the board for Scott Doe and Luke Howell moving on both were Burnetts Fault. Doe was always going to leave after the way Koko treated him last season drop after one mistake was frozen out for several games until he worked out Saah was the actual Problem and Doe spent the first three months covering his arse.

Howell left because he was offered a reduced contract by the manager, the manager is given a budget and chose to offer Luke less money even though his wife had just given birth nice one Koko. How we could now do with both players now in this scenario.