For anyone that has a rosy glow at the moment...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

lupins wrote:You do seem to delight in highlighting negativity

I was at the game we were not outplayed to the extent it was robbery though a bit smash and grab

We were unlucky against Oxford and could have been ahead at half time.Without trying I recall a Hemmings efffort, Labadie effort and Cureton missed a sittter.Keep your eyes on the game and update your stats when you get home

Yes strictly true the actual results on the night determined the positions
This is a very strange post from someone that delights in highlighting negativity: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1532&p=19854#p19854
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Don't worry I am saving all the post of the bedwetters Arnu who convinced we were already relegated.

Wayne Burnetss Barmy Soilder
How many people were convinced we were already relegated then?
Mike the Dagger

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Don't worry I am saving all the post of the bedwetters Arnu who convinced we were already relegated.

Wayne Burnetss Barmy Soilder
How many people were convinced we were already relegated then?
I'm sure that "Wayne Burnetss Barmy Soilder" (SIC) means me. I stuck a tenner on us to go down at ARNU's insistence, which is probably why our luck has changed. As I pointed out at the time, given my gambling record, that was probably the most positive thing that has happened to the club in 2015.

At the end of the season, if we are still a FL team, I expect drinks all night from you all on the basis of that decisive moment when it all changed for us.

BTW what is a Soilder? The mind is boggling a bit.
Chigwellian

Soilder ... Definition by the Chigwellian book of quotes:

Somebody who soils his pants, watching his team take to the field

Wayne Burnett aka KOKO.... The soilder took his seat in the corner of the dugout, hiding his face from the 1300 daggers supporters :)
Auntie Merge

Chigwellian wrote:Soilder ... Definition by the Chigwellian book of quotes:

Wayne Burnett aka KOKO.... The soilder took his seat in the corner of the dugout, hiding his face from the 795 daggers supporters :)
Fify
Mike the Dagger

Chigwellian wrote:Soilder ... Definition by the Chigwellian book of quotes:

Wayne Burnett aka KOKO.... The soilder took his seat in the corner of the dugout, hiding his face from the 1300 daggers supporters :)
Added to the Daggers dictionary. Thanks for that!
Mike the Dagger

Miles better on Saturday, that is first game for a while I've enjoyed watching the Daggers play and a real whack in the guts conceeding so late.

As a few have said, it was a shame we didn't close the game down with some fresh legs and tactical changes right at the death like professional teams do...

Also, I know it was a very disappointing end to the game, but the crowd were there waiting to give the lads a proper ovation at the end for their efforts and only JC, Cousins and Jodi Jones bothered to come round while the rest sloped off. That was a chance to rebuild just a little rapport lost.

A win on Tuesday and again Sunday and the pressure is off for a while now. It looks like York are deep in crisis at the moment long may that last but i get the feeling that Yeovil will rally sometime soon and 21st place is starting to look a long way away now we are 6 behind.

For completeness, here is the Daggers League season so far:

8/8/2015 Portsmouth (A) Lost 0-3 Battered
15/8/2015 Leyton Orient (H) Lost 1-3 Battered, late consolation
18/8/2015 Exeter City (H) Lost 1-2 Late consolation
22/8/2015 Wycombe Wanderers (A) Drew 1-1 Leading, let in a last kick equaliser
29/8/2015 Stevenage (H) Drew 1-1 Leading, backed off and let a poor side back in it
5/9/2015 Northampton Town (A) Won 2-1 Went behind and came back to win!!!!
12/9/2015 Carlisle United (A) Lost 1-2 Leading
19/9/2015 Newport County (H) Drew 0-0 Shocking game against a shocking team
26/9/2015 Barnet (A) Lost 1-3 Battered by a fairly poor team, got one back but never looked like more
29/9/2015 Notts County (H) Drew 1-1 Came from behind to take a point, better
3/10/2015 Mansfield Town (H) Lost 3-4 3-1 up and let them back in the game
10/10/2015 Yeovil Town (A) Drew 2-2 2-0 up and let them back in the game
17/10/2015 Hartlepool United (H) Lost 0-1 Beaten by a route one punt into the area
20/10/2015 York City (A) Drew 2-2 Came back after being behind to lead again, but let it slip again
24/10/2015 Accrington Stanley (A) Lost 1-3 Totally battered throughout, scored another consolation goal
1/11/2015 Luton Town (H) Lost 0-2 Marginally better with modified midfield, but only 1 shot on target, let in two very poor goals
21/11/2015 Oxford United (H) Lost 0-1 Better again, but still no goals
24/11/2015 AFC Wimbledon (A) Won 1-0 Battered for most of it, scored with a keeper howler but won!!!!
28/11/2015 Plymouth Argyle (H) Drew 1-1 Played really well against a team top of the league, unlucky to conceed a deflected shot in injury time

Position 22nd, out of the bottom 2 by 1 point and 6 points behind 21st

Played 19, Won 2, Drawn 7, Lost 10, Goals for 19, Goals against 33, Goal difference -14, Points 13

Points per game to date: 0.68, win percentage 10.5%

Points per game needed in the remaining games to hit the "magic 50": 1.37

Fellow strugglers (bottom 8) played to date: Barnet (A) lost, Hartlepool (H) lost, Stevenage (H) drew, York (A) drew, Newport (H) drew, Yeovil (A) drew - points won 4, no wins

Points lost from winning positions: 16

Still no home win since April
DI Mike Dashwood

27 games to go, and realistically 33 or 34 points needed.

So that would probably be 10 wins. Still a big ask, as we have only one two to date, but looking a little more likely after the last few weeks.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:27 games to go, and realistically 33 or 34 points needed.

So that would probably be 10 wins. Still a big ask, as we have only one two to date, but looking a little more likely after the last few weeks.
The 4 goals in 5 games conceaded two of which came at the death the other two coming at the start says that we seem to be able to do it for 85 minutes. Really do think that is the key as we are at least staying in games recently . If we can keep that average up over a sustained period we at least give ourselves a chance to nick the results aka Wimbledon
nomis

Conceding late goals has been going on for many a year

You can go back to the dizzy heights of our one season in League One as far as I recall

It's been a Daggers downfall for far too many games every season and I knew in my heart that we would concede a late goal
Mike the Dagger

nomis wrote:Conceding late goals has been going on for many a year

You can go back to the dizzy heights of our one season in League One as far as I recall

It's been a Daggers downfall for far too many games every season and I knew in my heart that we would concede a late goal
"Points lost from winning positions: 16"

Comfortably top half if we hang on to all of those leads.
Mike the Dagger

As Jerry the Ferret once sang, "it's one step forward, and two steps back".

This is the Daggers league season to date:

8/8/2015 Portsmouth (A) Lost 0-3 Battered
15/8/2015 Leyton Orient (H) Lost 1-3 Battered, late consolation
18/8/2015 Exeter City (H) Lost 1-2 Late consolation
22/8/2015 Wycombe Wanderers (A) Drew 1-1 Leading, let in a last kick equaliser
29/8/2015 Stevenage (H) Drew 1-1 Leading, backed off and let a poor side back in it
5/9/2015 Northampton Town (A) Won 2-1 Went behind and came back to win!!!!
12/9/2015 Carlisle United (A) Lost 1-2 Leading
19/9/2015 Newport County (H) Drew 0-0 Shocking game against a shocking team
26/9/2015 Barnet (A) Lost 1-3 Battered by a fairly poor team, got one back but never looked like more
29/9/2015 Notts County (H) Drew 1-1 Came from behind to take a point, better
3/10/2015 Mansfield Town (H) Lost 3-4 3-1 up and let them back in the game
10/10/2015 Yeovil Town (A) Drew 2-2 2-0 up and let them back in the game
17/10/2015 Hartlepool United (H) Lost 0-1 Beaten by a route one punt into the area
20/10/2015 York City (A) Drew 2-2 Came back after being behind to lead again, but let it slip again
24/10/2015 Accrington Stanley (A) Lost 1-3 Totally battered throughout, scored another consolation goal
1/11/2015 Luton Town (H) Lost 0-2 Marginally better with modified midfield, but only 1 shot on target, let in two very poor goals
21/11/2015 Oxford United (H) Lost 0-1 Better again, but still no goals
24/11/2015 AFC Wimbledon (A) Won 1-0 Battered for most of it, scored with a keeper howler but won!!!!
28/11/2015 Plymouth Argyle (H) Drew 1-1 Played really well, unlucky to conceed in injury time
1/12/2015 Morecambe (A) Lost 0-1 Poor performance against a team we beat two weeks ago in the cup. 1 shot on target (in the 93rd minute)

Position 22nd, out of the bottom 2 by 1 point and 6 points behind 21st

Played 20, Won 2, Drawn 7, Lost 11, Goals for 19, Goals against 34, Goal difference -15, Points 13

Points per game to date: 0.65 (29.9 points for 46 games), win percentage 10%

Points per game needed in the remaining games to hit the "magic 50": 1.42

Fellow strugglers (bottom 8) played to date: Barnet (A) lost, Hartlepool (H) lost, Stevenage (H) drew, York (A) drew, Newport (H) drew, Yeovil (A) drew - points won 4, no wins

Points lost from winning positions: 16

No home win since April
Alan

I don't think the 30 points we are on course for will be enough. Does anyone?
NickMurphy

I find it hard to believe York are getting out of their mess. Changed the manager, brought in a number of new players on loan and they went from getting tonked 6-0 to getting whacked 5-1 at home, not much of an improvement. I have a York supporting mate and he said they've been playing Femi at centre-half, anyone who remembers that cup game against Bath knows that that doesn't quite work either. Think it may take until January before they start to pick up properly and collect points consistently (feel free to pull me up on it if they win their next 5 on the bounce). One thing that you can say of York that you can't say of us, however, is that they are getting soundly beaten most weeks at the moment which is never a good sign.

Same goes for Yeovil really. They recruited very modestly in the summer (as their finances dictate you imagine), and had a manager that historically gets more than the sum of the individual parts out of his players, but hasn't been able to down there. So you wonder whether a new manager will make a difference for them or not, and who exactly wants to take on the responsibility of a club facing a third successive relegation, and that has a losing mentality engrained in the supporters psyche.

I think *if* we show more consistently the sort of performances we put in against Wimbledon/Plymouth/Oxford, we'll be fine barring those two sides having a miraculous turnaround as well. Big 'if' of course, but with the players we have (especially the midfield three we have at the moment which I can imagine working very well), I think we have a better chance of survival than those two sides. All we need to do now is turn the possibility of survival into a cast iron certainty, easy eh ;)
Alan

There is a problem with the midfield 3: in order to play boucaud we play Cureton up front on his own and that doesn't often work well as any clearances from the back come straight back at us and Boucaud likes the short pass to the centre halves who then hit a long clearance upfield.