Jodi Jones

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

There is no doubting his talent (despite ‘only’ being 18)

He is the ONLY player in our entire squad that other clubs have and apparently still are willing to part with cold hard cash for his services.

Yet still, he has been either used as a bit part player or not at all in the last X number of weeks.
Currie said on Saturday it’s because he is “off the boil at the moment”, they are concentrating more on “trying to stay in games” and only willing to use him if “the game is still winnable at a certain period, to sprinkle some of his magic”

Well I’m sorry but players of his age (or lower) have been given sustained runs in a team at higher level than a struggling/near doomed League 2 club.

If he’s fit and still our player then I think we should be bloody playing him. I’m not saying he’s the new Messi or going to be the sole saviour but when we have one just 1 solitary league game from 17 it seems almost criminal to me that the lad cant get a start.

Thoughts anyone?
ARNU

Its obvious he's being kept back probably against the managers wishes to keep him fit and injury free for a big money move that will probably see our immediate future secured.Whats the mystery here ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Ronald Clench

What is the point in leaving him to warm the bench. He is being paid by Dagenham and Redbridge so let him play. We need the points to survive. If we go down then his price will drop.
mickeyblue

Anyone remember the last time Jones started?

He was dire at best.
Imo he far better off coming on for 30 mins every game
He definitely should of came on sat at 60 odd mins
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:Anyone remember the last time Jones started?

He was dire at best.
Imo he far better off coming on for 30 mins every game
He definitely should of came on sat at 60 odd mins
I agree.This is a lad who has lots of potential and will go far but he is no game changer at the bottom of this league Im afraid.
ARNU

Ronald Clench wrote:What is the point in leaving him to warm the bench. He is being paid by Dagenham and Redbridge so let him play. We need the points to survive. If we go down then his price will drop.

The obvious fact is WB cant play him even if he wants to.Deals have been done I reckon.His price wont drop,he is being bought for his potential not for what he's doing now(Which is largely er...not a lot im afraid).Like Joe cole when he was 14 at WestHam and Ferguson offered him £5k a week to go to Man Utd,Dwight Gayle when he was with us and we did that deal with Peterborough.Done deal and Waynes keeping he's side of the bargain.His hands are tied I reckon.
matt_drfc

Good player and will go very far but we were losing with him and now losing without him. Makes no difference to me. Seems like we've sold him already, if not playing him means we can afford to keep Dunne and Vassell, then continue with it Wayne.
dagger4eva

Im almost certain theres a big element of truth in the fact a deal for him to go has either been agreed or is very close to being agreed BUT im not really sure I believe WB hands are being tied. And if they actually were then it'd only back up the point about Currie talking utter bollocks in his last interview...

He's enough of our player still to make the bench.
He's enough of our player still to come on for the last 5 or so mins.
He's enough of our player still for us to be paying his wages.
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:Im almost certain theres a big element of truth in the fact a deal for him to go has either been agreed or is very close to being agreed BUT im not really sure I believe WB hands are being tied. And if they actually were then it'd only back up the point about Currie talking utter bollocks in his last interview...

He's enough of our player still to make the bench.
He's enough of our player still to come on for the last 5 or so mins.
He's enough of our player still for us to be paying his wages.
Ive yet to see him in a winning side this season.He has been anonymous/innefective in more than a few of his cameo appearances.You don't know what deal's been done,maybe we're not paying his wages.We got equally excited about Danny J Green and Sean Shields before we saw them play a few times.I believe Wayne/The club have a deal and their hands are tied.I also wonder why the club/manager cant just come out with it if a deal has been done.
bloke down the pub

He's waiting to get a pair of boots,his mum said he can have a pair for christmas.........If he's good .