Jones

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bloke down the pub

Will he last the first half ?
DaggerJoel11

He's been astonishing so far. Was scythed down in a clear foul but is a dangerous threat so far. Should start every week.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Richie

No reason not to play him on that performance
Dagdale

Why has this lingered on so long ? Surely he either goes or stays.
Mark

Transfer is irrelevant for now. Just pick him. And why take him off? The left back was a red card waiting to happen and so we take off our trickiest player. I understand he might not last 90 having not played much lately but he could've done another 5 mins. And if not surely you bring on mulraney???
Richie

Mark wrote:Transfer is irrelevant for now. Just pick him. And why take him off? The left back was a red card waiting to happen and so we take off our trickiest player. I understand he might not last 90 having not played much lately but he could've done another 5 mins. And if not surely you bring on mulraney???
Wayne said he was cramping up in his interview.
SUSSEX DAGGER

He simply has to play Tuesday I can't emphasis how bad and narrow the two full backs were a fortnight ago .
leewilson

Mark wrote:Transfer is irrelevant for now. Just pick him. And why take him off? The left back was a red card waiting to happen and so we take off our trickiest player. I understand he might not last 90 having not played much lately but he could've done another 5 mins. And if not surely you bring on mulraney???
Thought Chambers was the right sub to bring on. Jones was starting to cramp and Chambers would take more responsibility in the defensive aspect than Mulraney. In fact, just after coming on he made an excellent back post clearance from a deep cross when the Plymouth player was lurking behind him. He also had a good surge forward and played Curo in which nearly led to a goal.
bloke down the pub

20mins for our star forward tonight
SUSSEX DAGGER

bloke down the pub wrote:20mins for our star forward tonight
If you are going to smash it from back to front bypassing the midfield and aiming for the smallest bloke on the pitch Jones could play for 20 hours and he might as well come and sit in the stand with us . At times last night it looked like we only had four players on the pitch when we tried to go forward , the Goalkeeper , the two Centre halfs and JC.

After Saturday I can't tell you how bitterly disappointed I am this morning. It's not about the distance we traveled , it's not about the time it cost, it's not even about the money it cost it is all about a massive opportunity to take a game by the scruff of the neck against opponents who looked very shaky defensively .
A game I am certain was winnable and we hardly laid a glove on them.
Alan

Well you know whose idea that team selection, formation and tactics were, don't you?