Cruel

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

NBDag wrote:Even Boucard had some good spells.

Onwards and upwards.
Boucaud is so much better when he has two other hard workers with him in midfield. He had so much space today to do what he wanted and played several superb outside of the boot passes to a player in the hole to get us moving.

Have to say, I didn't think it was a penalty on Jones. Jones went to go on his right on the outside and then jumped into the guy closing him down on his left before he got to him.
Dagdale

To lose those two points like that was heart wrenching and let's not forget it took a way out volley to finally break our defense to which I thought was the best I'd seen for ages . Can we really make a man of the match? thought nearly everyone put a good shift in, to a Plymouth fan going home today you'd say how the hell are they down there? The triangle in midfield Dunne, Ladabie and Boucard worked wonders and if only the great move for Hemmings to unleash that shot had volleyed in it would have be over for the Pilgrim boys, cant wait for Morcs game Tuesday now and to be up against a team which seems to have bigger problems than ours of late, could turn out some game, please Wayne mate keep the same team!
dagger4eva

In full agreement that the last gasp equaliser for Plymouth was totally undeserved & totally cruel.

Every single player gave their absolute all – their seemed a decent game plan from the off. We pressed well, played some decent, fast paced football. We finally learnt not to smash / lump the ball up to JC (my personal MOM) but instead play more delicately chipped balls over the top for him tor un on to.
Jodie Jones did very well too – which not bad considering he’s apparently been “off the boil”.

Plymouth may well have had a number of injuries but I still think they were there for the taking and we oh so very nearly succeeded.
We still might not have won at home which considering it’s virtually December is a pretty abysmal fact – but nevertheless the overall performance certainly gave for a bit of encouragement going forward.

Saying that, it would now just be typical for us to go to Morecambe (getting smashed by everyone recently) and come away with nothing.
DI Mike Dashwood

It was very very cruel, no arguments about that. The free kick down in the corner was dubious, and the ball was rolling when it was taken. There was then a couple of mis-judgements by our midfield (for the first time all game) and the shot, although well hit, deflected. It was as cruel as it could be.

We had been full value for the three points as well. That is the kind of performance people want to see. OK, it wasn't all pretty football, but we put together more than they did, and battled very hard with it. It does beg the question again, why it takes until a few months into the season every Year before we get things sorted??

There is a long way to go, but IF we play like that until May we won't go down. In the past three games we have put in three very good, and very different performances.

While it was cruel, we probably had a bit of luck on Tuesday, so it's swings and roundabouts. If someone had said 4 points from those two games beforehand, we all would have taken it.
Woodford Dagger

NBDag wrote:Almost heartbreaking result when you look back at things. Dominated that game up until the last 10 when it became a lot tighter. However despite the awful mood I left the ground in I'm actually really happy with the game for so many reasons.

We played with the Daggers spirit of old, and you could see how devastated that goal left the players- literally falling to the ground in disbelief. The Sieve was absolutely rocking in the second half which I haven't seen in ages. And most importantly of all- we were a huge improvement from the last home game I was at. Even Boucard had some good spells. Carry on this form we've hit and relegation won't need to be mentioned on this forum until next season.

Only thing I have to moan about, aside from the shite officials, is the kids with the drum singing songs about ISIS. We don't turn up to football to sing about terrorists, paedophiles or any other thing that's in the news. If you're going to use a drum then use it properly by getting the crowd behind the team.

Onwards and upwards.
Heard your Da doesn't like the drum being used inappropriately at football games.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Paul from Barking wrote:3 - so we agree we are going down

Well even I have to accept after not just failing to beat but losing to a team as poor as Morecambe then it could be a very close call.

Stand by the other points however and we won't go down without a fight, we will go down simply because as tonight proves we are simply not good enough.
Grimsweeper

Wrong.

Decent enough squad of players there for this division.

Just need managing /coaching.

Smelling coffee?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Do Professional footballers really need telling that at a penalty kick to your opponents , do not stand there with hands on your hips. Follow the run of the taker and all opposing players who follow him into the box , with the view that any save by your Goalkeeper that is not completed can be done so by a bit of alertness.

Do they really need telling that when an experianced Goalkeeper is replaced by a kid you really are better off trying to test him out. Instead we spent the next 20,minutes testing our own out by giving a way a succession of free kicks and cheap corners.

If like me u think this should be second nature then we really are not good enough
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Do Professional footballers really need telling that at a penalty kick to your opponents , do not stand there with hands on your hips. Follow the run of the taker and all opposing players who follow him into the box , with the view that any save by your Goalkeeper that is not completed can be done so by a bit of alertness.

Do they really need telling that when an experianced Goalkeeper is replaced by a kid you really are better off trying to test him out. Instead we spent the next 20,minutes testing our own out by giving a way a succession of free kicks and cheap corners.

If like me u think this should be second nature then we really are not good enough
It's about motivation, concentration, being switched on. They aren't way too often. They seemed to be on Saturday and nearly pulled of a great win. Three days later, pretty much the same group (he had to tinker though) seemed to not be up for a vital game.

The players we have are the players we have now. Brought in by Burnett to a man, and motivated by the manager.

I think its a Colombian dark roast?
Grimsweeper

We don't need manager?

Sack Burnett?

I thought he was the messiah?

Now you say we don't need a manager.

Just the other day we looked the better side against the top side in the division.
Jones actually shook off whatever shackles hold him back and tore I to them.
Subsequently he gets dropped for the next game and we cannot muster a shot.

That's management.

I think I get your drift...you're getting nearer..
Alan

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1557&view=unread#unread

Move up chaps, Sussex is joining us at the coffee bar. Care for a croissant with that?