FA Cup

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sagres

No District line next weekend between Aldgate East and Dagenham East - Whitehawk filled 3 coaches & several minibuses.
DI Mike Dashwood

You have to wonder how much this stuff affects us??

This work on the District Line basically started around the time we got into the League, and has not stopped since. We rarely play more than 2 home games in a row where there is not closures of some sort affecting Dagenham East.

I know a lot of regular supporters will go whatever, but I think this probably knocks a few of the crowd. Just glad it is running from Upminster this weekend, to save us some hassle.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sagres wrote:No District line next weekend between Aldgate East and Dagenham East - Whitehawk filled 3 coaches & several minibuses.
And a forecourt full of stolen cars no doubt
hockley dagger

The 103 bus is a good alternative to the District Line as it links Romford on the Liverpool St rail line with Rainham on the Fenchurch St rail line. I don't know if we make that clear enough in our how to get to the ground material?
Mike the Dagger

hockley dagger wrote:The 103 bus is a good alternative to the District Line as it links Romford on the Liverpool St rail line with Rainham on the Fenchurch St rail line. I don't know if we make that clear enough in our how to get to the ground material?
From the official site:

By Rail

Nearest Tube station is Dagenham East on the District Line of London's Underground Network. After exiting the station turn left and the ground is the fifth turning on the left about 400 metres from the station.

By Rail From Liverpool Street

Board the Greater Anglia service from London Liverpool Street to Romford Station. When exiting Romford station turn left where the 103 bus (towards Rainham Station) will stop at the nearest bus stop. The 103 bus will stop outside the ground and the ground is to the right of the stop.

TBH, I'd not thought of a train to Rainham and then the bus as an option, but then again I am allergic to Rainham from my yoof!
hockley dagger

Fair enough - the 103 is mentioned. The 386 from Goodmayes which comes down Reede Road is another rail/bus option too, although I never used it myself.
grumpy old git

The 103 stop is turn right out of romford station and its just past the goose by the estate agents.