League Attendances.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Our league attendances right now are averaging 1995.2 per game.

Last season average attendance for League matches was was 2040.

So where have the 44.8 gone ? :lol:

Hardly a mass exodus.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
admin
Site Admin

Extremely weak argument. League 2 this season is a much more southern league this year and there's still a few teams to play who will take a bigger following (e.g. Portsmouth, Barnet, Wycombe, Cambridge, Wimbledon). After we play those teams are average attendance will be higher than last season.

Also, not even 800 fans in either cup game. Should I continue?
Phippo

admin wrote:Extremely weak argument. League 2 this season is a much more southern league this year and there's still a few teams to play who will take a bigger following (e.g. Portsmouth, Barnet, Wycombe, Cambridge, Wimbledon). After we play those teams are average attendance will be higher than last season.

Also, not even 800 fans in either cup game. Should I continue?
I suspect the FA Cup attendance here was the result of the dross that was being dished up by the team. Now that the players are showing vastly improved performances, next Sunday's gate is likely to be at least double the first round turnout. We now have a fantastic opportunity to progress to the third round, and who knows what that could hold for us! Mind you we were in the same position last year and managed to blow it!
dagger4eva

A very quiet 15 minutes at work gave me the opportunity to see just what our HOME attendances are to date.

On basis of 1500 home fans v Newport (cant see the no. of away fans for that game anywhere) - the Average HOME support is actually 1438

Despite everything considered that's not too terrible & certainly a bit better than I was expecting. Even though I reckon you should account for anything from 100-200 complimentary tickets being used per game.
ARNU

admin wrote:Extremely weak argument. League 2 this season is a much more southern league this year and there's still a few teams to play who will take a bigger following (e.g. Portsmouth, Barnet, Wycombe, Cambridge, Wimbledon). After we play those teams are average attendance will be higher than last season.
Whats your point ??

Im suggesting the gates at the end of the season will be better than last season not worse.

Only Barnet from that lot above weren't in our league last season,no way will they bring as many as Southend do.Im saying despite all the boycotting and disappointment our gates will not have suffered that much.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Chigwellian

Probably because of pre season, season ticket sales
Grimsweeper

No...

It's because we are great to watch and get great results at home.

Everything is fine