Cousins dropped??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sagres

Normal service resumed!!!!
redboy

Shocking performance by the sounds of it. Only area we excelled in were conceding free kicks. 92 mins to register a shot on target which according to Sky Cureton fluffed again. Deja ******** Vu Burnett. We're playing Whitehawk on Sunday which is about your level.
DI Mike Dashwood

Big setback that. One step forward and two steps back in all honesty.

One shot on target, in the 92nd minute, is not good against a team who had really been struggling.

Sunday is huge, but those two games before Christmas are huge as well now.

Well done to the 23 who travelled.

I see the crowd in total only just broke 1k. All of the old non league clubs are struggling to pull the crowds in??
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think the goalkeeper was changed as high winds were once again forecast.

That made sense as he certainly outscores Mark in that department.His distance is far better and given the expected conditions that did not materialise may have been the reason behind it.
Alan

You think he picked a keeper on the basis that he could kick it further. That sounds ace when he was picking Cureton to play up front alone, because Cureton thrives on winning headers from the keepers' kicks.
Keeper Coach

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Think the goalkeeper was changed as high winds were once again forecast.

That made sense as he certainly outscores Mark in that department.His distance is far better and given the expected conditions that did not materialise may have been the reason behind it.
does this mean the manager has killed cousins career ?
a 29 year old keeper who cant play during winter weather ?
or was it more to do with the equaliser saturday that appeared to go straight through him, the so called deflection really a slight brush.
either way neither keeper can be happy with the recent continual changes, it cant give either of them much confidence when playing behind a suspect defence knowing one slight mistake means their left out.
dagger4eva

Assuming GKCoach is Mick Payne that is a very interesting post indeed....

You are right though, the continual chop/change right throughout the team cannot be good for anyone!
Corinthian

I really do not see how Cousins could be blamed for the Plymouth goal. As far as picking a player because he can kick it further (or higher?) then that beggars belief!
SUSSEX DAGGER

You have obviously never been to Morecambe on a cold, wet, windy night.

Tell you now first half In the Cup tie Liam O'BRIEN was not having the problems Roach was having second half when he hardly got the ball into the opposing half.

One of Mark Cousins weaknesses is his kicking in comparison so it must have played a part in the thought
process. Whatever caused the decision to swap again I don't think either have deserved to be dropped when it has occurred this season.

We will only ever know I suppose when the Manager gets asked the question but hard hitting questions seem to be a bit thin in this dreadfull run.

Perhaps he has decided on the Ron Greenwood way when he could not seperate Clemmence and Shilton, play them alternatively.

Still be nice to know the reason mind.
Corinthian

I trust you don't work for Morecambe Tourist Board? WB is the manager and no doubt had his reasons. This season we have not had settled goalkeeper and this in my view is really important in terms of communication and organisation of the defence.

Mind you it also helps to score more goals than the opposition.

I expect WB will get the met office forecasts before selecting the team for Sunday's match?
ARNU

I did predict he'd save a penalty.Dont think it matters which keeper to be honest.They are both quite good.We lost because of the other 10 on the field not O'Brian.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Corinthian wrote:I trust you don't work for Morecambe Tourist Board? WB is the manager and no doubt had his reasons. This season we have not had settled goalkeeper and this in my view is really important in terms of communication and organisation of the defence.

Mind you it also helps to score more goals than the opposition.

I expect WB will get the met office forecasts before selecting the team for Sunday's match?
Well in two weeks and two trips I have endured the following.

Soaked to the skin

Blown away by a gale

Hit by a dustbin on Morecambe seafront.

Delayed getting home because of the nights previous gale

Every time I fancied a fag at the hotel had to use the stairs because the lift was not working and endure the sound of doors closing coming from the broken down lift.

Then endure an hour and half of pure torture second time

Watched our Goalkeeper perform heroics in both games only to see him sadly let down by the total inactivity of the defenders in both games , if the penalty was bad enough this week lets not forget the first goal in the Cup replay when after a splendid double save we stood there and watched.

Don't know about ever working for the Morecambe tourist board but I will certainly be treating the Mother in Law to a weekend there.
Sagres

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Don't know about ever working for the Morecambe tourist board but I will certainly be treating the Mother in Law to a weekend there.
Excellent what a good idea
Corinthian

Big respect to you Sussex and the other Daggers Fans who made the journey. Also big respect for all the fans of grass roots football who turn up week in week out. By the way I have cancelled the fortnight holiday in Morecambe. I hear Hartlepool is nice this time of year? Up the Daggers!