Normal Service Resumes

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Just got back, feel quite short changed although paying eight pounds fifty to get in was a thanksgiving, sorry for the lads who got collared more , we were expecting so much more especially after Saturday's great effort all round as I mentioned after that and a few posts on here this thread, why is a 'winning team' changed yet again? We just didn't seem interested to get the three points and job done, we were awful but Morecambe (albeit pretty bad too) did have a slight more desire to move forward and put the game to bed earlier but feel the 29* or so there will take a while to forget this one. That's our game in hand gone up in smoke! * Whose coming out with the 23? I counted everyone on away section during game and I can assure you there was 29 in our area.
Last edited by Dagdale on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Adrian wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Only looking at highlights... But what on earth happened with the penalty? Terrible defending letting the man go who wad heading out of the penalty area with no threat and then completely turned Passley with almost no struggle.

Great save for the penalty and nothing Liam could do about the rebound.

Real shame JC want more alert late on with the chance as he could have taken five touches in that much space before being tackled! Real poor miss even if under pressure... This is often the line between a successful club and one like us
The reaction (or complete lack) of our players after the penalty was saved is a joke. The man with the captains armband on wasn't even facing the goal.
It was a joke. Boucaud facing the wrong way about sums up why he shouldn't play, let alone captain the side.
Mike the Dagger

This is absolutely ******** shocking!

Mullin about to strike the pen. A group of Daggers on the edge of the box watching, all on their heels, Ellison obviously ready to chase in behind them with no one near him, or looking, Murphy just behind Ayo.

Mullin gets to the rebound to score. Ellison just out of shot on the 6 yard line to the left, Murphy just past the penalty spot. Ayo maybe a yard inside the box being generous, but having jumped in the air not trying to get in, Passley, Chambers and Hemmings (not clear, looks like 23 in the first pic???) rooted to the spot, Captain Boucaud, nearest to the scorer, already turning away.

This isn't caused by lack of ambition or budget, it is "I don't care" defending. If a Sunday morning team did this you would be disappointed. These guys are supposed to be professional footballers playing for a club fighting for its life. Something is very, very wrong.

Gobsmacked TBH!
Voice of reason

We actually commented on this at the time as we were sitting in the stand immediately in line with the penalty. Liam O'Brien was furious and jumped in the air with frustration
The Romford Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:This is absolutely ******** shocking!

Mullin about to strike the pen. A group of Daggers on the edge of the box watching, all on their heels, Ellison obviously ready to chase in behind them with no one near him, or looking, Murphy just behind Ayo.

Mullin gets to the rebound to score. Ellison just out of shot on the 6 yard line to the left, Murphy just past the penalty spot. Ayo maybe a yard inside the box being generous, but having jumped in the air not trying to get in, Passley, Chambers and Hemmings (not clear, looks like 23 in the first pic???) rooted to the spot, Captain Boucaud, nearest to the scorer, already turning away.

This isn't caused by lack of ambition or budget, it is "I don't care" defending. If a Sunday morning team did this you would be disappointed. These guys are supposed to be professional footballers playing for a club fighting for its life. Something is very, very wrong.

Gobsmacked TBH!
You know what they say Mike... a picture tells a thousand words
Mark

The half hidden guy in pic 1 is Dunne
Phippo

The lads are obviously saving themselves for the FA Cup! Well I cannot think of any other excuse for them! :mrgreen:
Mike the Dagger

Phippo wrote:The lads are obviously saving themselves for the FA Cup! Well I cannot think of any other excuse for them! :mrgreen:
Apparently not!